The foods you must STOP EATING RIGHT NOW...

Options

Replies

• ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    "fatty cuts of steak like T-bone & rib-eye"

Haha yeah right. I live off rib eye when I can afford it and I'm losing weight like crazy. I have to substitute butter for my fat when I eat leaner cuts or I get bingey after a couple of days.

I actually do avoid most of the rest (I'll kill anyone who takes my coffee away, though), because it works very well for me.

Oh, and is it just me or did it miss a crucial piece of info on alcohol, namely those evil, evil alcohol munchies?
    Yeah I eat rib eye too. I find I can't eat more than 3oz of steak at one sitting anyhow. It boggles my mind at how restaurants serve 8oz steaks. Puke.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Hey, I didn't write it. I just copied it from an article full of facts that I thought might be helpful. Sure, not everyone will find it helpful, because some special snowflakes can eat whatever foods they want and never gain weight, but regular people might find the answers they're looking for in this list.

Geesh, some people are so mean.

Thumper's father has a few words of wisdom for some of you. I blame your parents.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options

Haha yeah right. I live off rib eye when I can afford it and I'm losing weight like crazy. I have to substitute butter for my fat when I eat leaner cuts or I get bingey after a couple of days.

I actually do avoid most of the rest (I'll kill anyone who takes my coffee away, though), because it works very well for me.

Oh, and is it just me or did it miss a crucial piece of info on alcohol, namely those evil, evil alcohol munchies?
    Yeah I eat rib eye too. I find I can't eat more than 3oz of steak at one sitting anyhow. It boggles my mind at how restaurants serve 8oz steaks. Puke.

Oh heck. I can put a 24 oz. Porterhouse down. No lie. With the bread, salad, and some of the gigantic potato. Ask my sister. She's on here. Actually, she may enter this thread on her own when it posts to my page. I love me some steak... 3 oz. is just a bite. :p
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Option A: Why are you all so mean? If you don't like the facts I posted, then just leave and don't post anything at all.

or

Option B: Maybe it isn't absolutely essential for your success that you don't eat any of the foods on this list. Perhaps I should have done some more reading first.

There's no need to get uptight and think that everybody is a bully. You seem a little 'Hangry' are you sure you are eating enough. In fact what are you eating is you're not eating anything off that list :laugh:

Hi Jof, :drinker:
  • Feeepers
    Feeepers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't think I can live without bacon. Ever.
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    Hey, I didn't write it. I just copied it from an article full of facts that I thought might be helpful. Sure, not everyone will find it helpful, because some special snowflakes can eat whatever foods they want and never gain weight, but regular people might find the answers they're looking for in this list.

Thumper's father has a few words of wisdom for some of you. I blame your parents.

I read this whole thread, if you think people are being mean on this you must not have been to the rest of the forums here...:drinker:
  • ksuh999
    Options

Oh, I hope no one's blaming you for posting it. These lists are always interesting because most of the time they're full of WTF.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the handy, printable shopping list! You saved me some time writing all this stuff down for myself!

Lol.... Love this!! ^^^
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I wish people would stop posting this kind of thing...

Every heard of IIFYM? If it fits your macros?
  • ksuh999
    Options

Oh heck. I can put a 24 oz. Porterhouse down. No lie. With the bread, salad, and some of the gigantic potato. Ask my sister. She's on here. Actually, she may enter this thread on her own when it posts to my page. I love me some steak... 3 oz. is just a bite. :p
    Holy carp. Yeah I've never been able to do that. If I want to down a 6oz steak for dinner I have to skip lunch.
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've given up everything on that list except honey. Can't do it.
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    No pickles is probably due to the sodium content. Better to just eat just the cucumbers.

For those of you who may get pickle cravings like I do, I like to cut up cucumbers and drizzle them with a little vinegar and black pepper when I get a pickle craving. Also, Cooking Light has a really good refrigerator pickle recipe where the sodium content per serving is only 64mg.

Ingredients
    • 6 cups thinly sliced pickling cucumbers (about 2 pounds) $
    • 2 cups thinly sliced onion
    • 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
    • 3/4 cup sugar
    • 3/4 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
    • 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
    • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    • 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
    Preparation
    1. Place 3 cups cucumber in a medium glass bowl; top with 1 cup onion. Repeat procedure with the remaining 3 cups cucumber and remaining 1 cup onion.
    2. Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a small saucepan; stir well. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Pour over cucumber mixture; let cool. Cover and chill at least 4 days.
    3. Note: Pickles may be stored in the refrigerator for up to one month.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

That may work for some of you special snowflake people, but us regular people have to try different things to be successful...like search the internet for lists of foods we should/shouldn't eat.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    Options

That may work for some of you special snowflake people, but us regular people have to try different things to be successful...like search the internet for lists of foods we should/shouldn't eat.

If it's food, you like it, and you're not allergic, you should eat it. In moderation. This is not about deprivation, but instead, moderation.

*dietary fat, white flour, bacon, lunch meats, fatty steaks etc. do not make you fat. Too many calories and lack of exercise is what makes you fat.
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Or, you can simply eat in moderation and stay within your calorie budget.

That!
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    What I find helpful is looking for clever substitute dishes...something like this:

tumblr_lvjyriqPb81qa6tqxo1_500.jpg

ERMAHGARD! CHURKEN NURGERTS!

(Yeah I recycled it, and I thinks it's twice as funny this time around!)
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Lists like this can be a blessing and a curse at the same time. There are a lot of excellent suggestions on this list for things to give up (like anything made with white flour, for example), but there are also some things that are questionable Anything can be bad for you in large quantities, moderation is key! I've heard from a lot of sources that coffee is great while you're dieting (and while you're not!) because the caffeine helps to speed up your metabolism and because coffee is rich in antioxidants which also help your metabolism. Also, honey is full of antioxidants and can really help to give your immune system a boost. Obviously it's loaded with calories because it's all sugar, but it's a much better sweetener to add than, say, white or brown sugar. In moderation, I think it's totally okay. I also think it's okay to indulge yourself every once in awhile and partake in sweets... once again, just do it in moderation. Cut a smaller piece of cake that will satisfy your sweet tooth without throwing you off track, have half a donut at a work meeting instead of a full one. Sometimes denying yourself of something sweet can only make the craving that much stronger, resulting in a total sweets binge that will really leave you feeling guilty. Moderation, moderation, moderation. Have I mentioned that moderation is key?

I'm no nutritionist, so take my advice with a grain of salt if you must (maybe that's a bad analogy because salt seems to be the end-all-be-all of a diet), but I am a biologist and know a little bit about how the nutrients from food can help or hurt the body.

Best of luck to all on your weight loss journeys!
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Ug. I am having beans for lunch and have smoked almonds in my drawer.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Here's a list of foods I won't STOP EATING RIGHT NOW...
    Fried foods
    Hamburgers & French fries
    Table sugar
    Plain Jam
    salted nuts
    smoked nuts
    refried beans
    Baked Beans
    Chocolate Fudge
    Candy
    Toffee
    Gums
    Boiled sweets
    Mint Sweets
    Liquorice
    Honey - Honey has minimal nutritional value & has the same calorie content as sugar.
    Soft drinks
    Tinned fruits
    Chutney
    Pickle
    bacon
    sausage
    cured meats
    ham
    fatty cuts of steak like T-bone & rib-eye
    Puddings
    Corn syrup
    Fruit juice - It's better to eat raw fruit instead of fruit juice because fruits contain more fiber and the juice will always contain more sugar than the actual fruit.
    Cake
    Bread made with white flour
    Soda pop, such as Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc.
    All baked goods made with white flour
    Coffee
    Biscuits
    Fast foods
    Pasta made with white flour
    Canned fruits w/added sugar
    Most packaged cereals
    Alcohol can slow your metabolism down by 73%
    Potato chips
    Popcorn
    Cookies
    Ice cream
    Cakes
    Pies
    All deserts
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    Options
    What I find helpful is looking for clever substitute dishes...something like this:

tumblr_lvjyriqPb81qa6tqxo1_500.jpg

ERMAHGARD! CHURKEN NURGERTS!

(Yeah I recycled it, and I thinks it's twice as funny this time around!)

Is that okra? Barf.