The foods you must STOP EATING RIGHT NOW...

Options

Replies

• elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    And if you're still mad at me, here's a picture of a kitten in a can:

1270047760_kitten.gif

Well, since you posted such a cute gif, I am no longer angry with you.
  • lynn413
    Options
    What's left to eat???
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    -Reported for bullying
    -Reported for unfunny gifs
    -Reported for violating the "list length" forum rule
    -Reported for too much discussion about nuts. Smoked, salted or otherwise.
    -Reported for including too much factual information
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm a special snowflake, so I can still eat all those foods.

Love it!
  • macdiver
    macdiver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I did not read the whole thread but I think the gist of it was the open was making fun of another poster. I wonder who that posher is and if he/she understood or if they thought this list was real.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I did not read the whole thread but I think the gist of it was the open was making fun of another poster. I wonder who that posher is and if he/she understood or if they thought this list was real.

I can assure you that this post was not directed at any one specific person.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    What was the purpose of this thread? To make a point? Teach a lesson? Poke fun?

Is it successful when those that "get it" disparage those that don't?

Satire doesn't work if your audience doesn't realize it's satire. At some point it just becomes contempt.

Satire works perfectly when it points out that reality has gotten so jacked up that people can't tell the difference between it and nonsense.

Exactly 100% this^^^^^^^
  • harleenarang
    harleenarang Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    It would have been easier for you to mention "What to eat" rather than "What not to eat"

I believe in some but not all - You live in today's world if you have to leave ALL these- you better go to the wild and start eating off the trees whatever you get. Food is meant to be enjoyed and cherished but definitely not get addicted to.

Enjoy in moderation and nothing is bad (of course you can't eat cakes, candies, bacon everyday) but things like coffee aaaahhhh ! You know what i am saying !!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I don't know that coffee ever made anyone fat.

I see that you're trying to share some information here, but IMO this is the sort of thing that scares people away from healthy eating, and perpetrates the idea that we all live off lettuce and lemon water.
  • mcrubino
    Options
    You can, just make sure to get it uncured. Ham has high sugar and often salt content, and many cured hams have way too high of sodium. But that being said, bacon is a great source of protein, just eat in moderation.
  • roxierachael
    roxierachael Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I would like a list with food I can eat!!!!!!!!!

Celery. But only if you swallow it whole so you don't negate the calories with chewing.

2312.gif
  • dunkt10
    dunkt10 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ya so whats left at this point? Lol

EXACTLY! lol
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    This thread is ignorant. Have fun with your restrictive diet, let me know how that works out over the next few years.

Who me? Oh, okay...uh, yes, indeed, I will most certainly let you know how things turned out for me.

Making a note in my calendar for 2/13/2015...

...update...MFP...on how...things are...working out...now.

Okay, done. Looking forward to it.

Things are still working out great right now.

Thanks for asking.

2/13/2013: 170 pounds, ~20% BF
    2/13/2015: 190, ~18% BF

ETA: I mean, not that I consulted the list even once in the last two years...or even remembered it until a reminder popped up in my calendar.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    OMG! Twelve! I've had twelve of these! TODAY!

This is even worse than bears...
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    This thread is ignorant. Have fun with your restrictive diet, let me know how that works out over the next few years.

Who me? Oh, okay...uh, yes, indeed, I will most certainly let you know how things turned out for me.

Thanks for asking.

/golf clap
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Don't eat food it will get you fat...
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options

Thanks for asking.

ETA: I mean, not that I consulted the list even once in the last two years...or even remembered it until a reminder popped up in my calendar.
    The fact that you posted this in the first place and the the fact that you put a reminder in your calendar to update 2 years later are indicative of the kind of person you are - which would be my kind of people - full of win :D
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options

Thanks for asking.

The fact that you posted this in the first place and the the fact that you put a reminder in your calendar to update 2 years later are indicative of the kind of person you are - which would be my kind of people - full of win :D
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    This was a fun post.