No Homo?

Options

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Coming from the guy who said fake boobs are a bait and switch?! REALLY?! :tongue:

Believe it! I can still flirt with the ladies, just don't expect to come home with me.

Tease.
    I agree. That's unfair.

I'm still upset that the gay community STOLE Matt Bomer from us. YES, THAT'S RIGHT. YOU STOLE HIM.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    No one has ever said that to me, but.........
    Don't assume these salutations are used out of ignorance or lack of experience.
    What salutation would prefer be used to convey that a compliment does not have any innuendo or sexual motives ?
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Nice work man. You could be on the cover of the L.L. Bean catalog.

29225513_1450.jpg

// No Homo

Well really, it should be for Target (the jacket) or Safeway (the building). I'll take either since I'm unemployed and need cash.
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    Someone is always going to be butthurt.
    Yup! I feel upset when someone posts or uses the "R" word since I work with special needs children, but I don't go making posts over it. Just ignore it and move on. Problem solved :)
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I only use when I'm joking around. It amuses me because of its absurdity. I'm sorry it offends you, because you seem like a really nice guy. No homo. (maybe just a teeny tiny bit)
  • Lil14U
    Lil14U Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people say that!
    Me too
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Coming from the guy who said fake boobs are a bait and switch?! REALLY?! :tongue:

Believe it! I can still flirt with the ladies, just don't expect to come home with me.
    I'm not referring to your so called "flirting" with women.

I am asking why its ok for you to say something rude about women who've had cosmetic surgery, yet guys should tiptoe around something that is offensive to you?!

Honestly, I never thought I was being offensive. If that's the case, I apologize.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Tease.
    I agree. That's unfair.

I'm still upset that the gay community STOLE Matt Bomer from us. YES, THAT'S RIGHT. YOU STOLE HIM.

And Neil Patrick Harris.
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    I think it's just because, at least in this era, men sort of get uncomfortable around gays (or at least that's what I've noticed). So just to clarify, they say "no homo" to make the other one know that they aren't homosexual. Meh, personally when people say something like "I love you no homo" to me, I say "I love you too lots of homo" back even though I'm straight.

But why is it necessary? Isn't is assumed that most men are straight? I don't know the exact figures, but I think the general estimate is that only about 5% of men are gay.

Just society I guess. But personally, I feel like more and more gays are coming out of their shells recently, so those statistics may not entirely be correct.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    This seems like something that calls for a parade.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    People still say no homo??
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I really don't care who you like to have sex with.
  • Shabadu
    Shabadu Posts: 211
    Options
    If they say no homo, just reply with
    "No, Homo."
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I didn't know people said that. I need to hangout with more than just toddlers.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I've actually never seen this, but that makes my heart sink that people do that :(

ditto. :(

Although, thinking like the forever "glass half full" sort that I am, maybe it is a sign that society is at least aware that there is a decent percent of the population that is gay, and one step further that some of the straight people that in the past would have not commented out of fear, or worse made and insult, are getting more comfortable with the idea (even if they still need a childish disclaimer)... maybe it is in a way a back-handed form of progress?
  • ohhiitsme
    Options
    I hear it a lot too, and it bothers me too. :indifferent:
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have never ended a post with No Homo
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I find it offensive that it bothers you so much you Need to know, for if you didn't you wouldn't have created the thread.

To each their own on their mindsets.

If we never complain, how do we expect change to come?

Change comes from how you interpret the present and teach future generations through example. Not by complaining.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    This seems like something that calls for a parade.

I've seen about 40 parades this week. I'm over that
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    "No Homo" and "That's so Gay" are insulting to me as an LGBTQ Ally.

Really, any terms that reference particular people as an insult are offensive (calling someone a pu$$y, retard, etc).