April's Challenge "No snacking after dinner"

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    thanks dewdrop! :flowerforyou: Glad to be back.
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    NotSurprised, you're forgiven, but don't make the same mistake twice :laugh: . :glasses:
    I was good last night - even gave up the banana I had in mind for after dinner :wink: . This week's nights are really busy, so I'll leave the cut-off a bit flexible, but try to finish dinner by 10. :smile:
    Have a great week, everyone!

Mother eFer, one more day. that's it first thing when I log on directly to NSAM. Dew Drop, Dew Drop.:smile:

Jason 6

Snacks 0
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    11 for me :happy: /9 snacks

Definitely overate yesterday with no exercise, but did not go past my cutoff time. I can feel the effects of overeating today. Good incentive to be good today and get my butt to the gym.

Cutoff, 7 pm
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    :scratching head: Dinner was too late last night. I felt in control, since I decided to have dinner because of its healthy content :smile: Still, for the sake of honesty: Dew:16 - Late snacks:4.
  • NotSurprised
    As promised I'm going to log in early till my sleep is in order, that pesky sleep addiction. Hahahahaha

Jason 7

Snacks Nada
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Rose 16 / snacks 4. I'm not trying to match you Dew. It's just happening. Tonight is good but I'm not reporting it until tomorrow.:happy:

NotSurprised - nice job on the weight loss. :flowerforyou: But I'm a bit surprised with the 6,249 posts since October. How is that possible?

ZaZa - glad you're back :flowerforyou:

Happy April All :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    12 for me. Still 9 for snacks. Maybe I can make it to the end of the month without that nasty 10 snack loss? Actually didn't eat past 4:30 yesterday.

Today, 7:30 again since it seems to be working.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Hi-
    Just checking in. So far, I've made it 3 nights in a row without anything after my cut-off time!! I do feel I can do this now.
    Good luck everyone.
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    Rose 16 / snacks 4. I'm not trying to match you Dew.

Haha, it's just funny :laugh: . Good luck with the rest of the month. :flowerforyou:

I postponed posting, because I have no idea how to regard last night. It wasn't snacking, it was just late eating, because of the schedule. Nothing junk, so... maybe I count it? Can't I just have a neutral day? :glasses:

My life should be back to normal today - except for Saturday, when we're out to a party, so I'll have to be decent about the cut-off.

Zaza, awesome job! You and lulabelle are unstoppable now, right? :wink: :drinker:
  • NotSurprised
    Early>>> will change if anything.

Jason 8

Snacks Get out of here:laugh:
  • dewdrop
    Snacks Get out of here:laugh:

ROFL :laugh: You're doing very well, Jason! (surprisingly nice name, considering your nick :laugh)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    12 me/ 10 snacks :sad:

Which means that is my limit. So I have to be diligent. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will be 9:30 as we have parties and dinners all weekend.
  • NotSurprised
    Late but still on time.:laugh:

Jason 9

Snacks Psshh
  • lulabellewoowoo
    12 me/11 snacks
    Close but no cigar (The phrase, and its variant 'nice try, but no cigar', are of US origin and date from the mid-20th century. Fairground stalls gave out cigars as prizes, and this is the most likely source, although there's no definitive evidence to prove that) - okay, after thinking of the phrase, I realized I had no idea what it meant so decided to look it up and then share.

Well, last night was not totally my fault. Went out for our official anniversary dinner. Told the waiter at 9 p.m. to give us a couple minutes to decide which dessert we wanted after he gave us a scrumptious list. A couple of minutes turns into 30 before he came back, which means we didn't order it til 9:30 and officially stopped eating at 10, 30 minutes past cut off. Good news is I didn't go to bed until midnight so it was actually two hours before bedtime.

My goal now for April is to at least break even. If I get 15/15, then I'll consider it a success. Whatever I end up with in number this month, I'm just going to add a number to the plus and decrease from the neg to tip the scales (if 15/15, then next month's goal is 17/14 - because of 31 days)

Another party tonight for me, so 9:30 is the cutoff, and I can control that. Just have to control my wine intake as it makes me munchy.

Have a great weekend everyone. Great job!!!
  • NotSurprised
    Jason 10

Snacks Not happening atleast so far, fingers crossed.:wink:
  • rosemary10
    Funny LulaB, and I'm glad you didn't get a cigar since I'm a Respiratory Therapist. LOL :laugh:

The snacks are 4 and I'm the rest.

It's been crazy busy at home and at work. I've slept 1hr out of the last 30. Ya know if you never go to bed you can't be snackin before bed. Can't say as I can recommend it though. :huh:

What happened to Callie and Sunnysashka? Miss 'em.

Keep up the good work everyone. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • NotSurprised
    Jason 11

Snacks still haven't gotten me:laugh:
  • rosemary10
    Rose 21 / snacks 4
  • lulabellewoowoo
    13 me/12 snacks

Saturday, I'm not actually sure because I didn't get to bed until 12:30 and we had ice cream at some point late in the evening but I'm not sure if it was past my 9:30 cut off or not as it was a party and I wasn't clock-watching that night, so I'll let snacks have the advantage. But last night went out for my anniversary dinner and was actually in bed by cutoff time so I know I succeeded there.

For the rest of this week, 7:30 every night but Friday (girls' night out - 9:30)

th_whew.gif Be glad to start a new month. This one is ALMOST kicking my butt.
  • dewdrop
    Dunno for sure, I'm probably at Dew:19 - Late snacks:6. Party on Saturday (though I did pretty well there, but like Lula, I wasn't clock-watching) and had dinner late last night. I'm not thrilled of how this month went, but I think having the challenge in mind (and that I'll have to report :smile:) has been a real help.

Bring May on! :wink:
This discussion has been closed.