April's Challenge "No snacking after dinner"

Options
12345679»

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I agree dewdrop, may come on down.:laugh: May will be a better time for us all more healthy choices in nutrition & physical movement.:smile: I have to so get back to my exercise regime atleast half I was doing an extraordinary amount before, maybe I'll pick that back up for a few weeks to get to the weight I want to be at.:bigsmile:

Jason 12

Snacks 0
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Ay yi yi - me 13/snacks 13

I gave into peer pressure. I told my husband no eating past 7:30. We all went to the gym at 6 p.m. But when we got home and I tried to go into the basement to work while they eat dinner, I got an unintentional guilt trip and ended up eating dinner, which wasn't unhealthy. But the wine and the bread I could have done without. So snacks is whipping my butt this month. Still breaking even. I have four more days to go. I hate to make the time later (like 8:30) because I end up going to bed no later than 9:30 anymore so I like the two hour rule. Sent him an e-mail this morning yet again begging him to support me on this. Need to not be a wuss and "Just Say NO!!!!"

Tonight, 7:30
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Jason, you are so boring, man! :grumble: How can you keep that 0 standing? :noway: No mistake, nothing? :huh: :tongue: :wink: OK, OK, let me just say: you deserve :flowerforyou:s

Lulabelle, I am totally convinced you can make 13 the unlucky number for snacks, where they'll get stuck for the rest of the month. :wink:

Judging by my mood, you probably figured out that I won last night :bigsmile: : Dew:20 - Late snacks:6.

I'm still hoping that the others are still with us, just counting on their own. Come on, guys, let's cheer together for May: smiley-happy110.gif
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    LulaBelle - My guess is that he thinks your great as you are. :love: Does he say that?

The snacks last night won at work. I kept away from the chocolate covered peanuts and cheese pretzels that dayshift left for us. (My rule of not eating any of other people's food until my good stuff was gone.) But caved a few hours later when I saw some chips in the department. :grumble: .

So it's Rose 22 and The Snacks 5

But ya know what, I feel like a winner because due to this challenge and knowing I'll have to check in, I'm not going crazy like I've done in the past and I'm losing weight like I never have before :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: .

So even if I "lose", I'm WINNING !!! Isn't that amazing :flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    So even if I "lose", I'm WINNING !!! Isn't that amazing :flowerforyou:

This says it all. I TOTALLY agree! :flowerforyou:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I blew it again. :explode: If I stay away from mfp, I just don't do well. Hopefully, the negative behavior is out of my system and I can start May with fresh resolve.
    Dewdrop, will you be starting a new thread for a May challenge? I hope so - I really need this.
    Thanks.
    Zaza
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Jason, you are so boring, man!

:laugh: I agree, looks like I'm going to have to go sabotage myself or should you receive that honor.hmm:wink:

Jason 13
    Snacks 0
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    14 for me/13 for snacks.

I'm tipping the scale. Now to keep it tipped.

Tonight, 7:30. Easier because I have a meeting at 7:30 and just need to make sure no snacking afterward.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Dewdrop, will you be starting a new thread for a May challenge? I hope so - I really need this.

I sure plan to! I want to beat Jason! :laugh:

I do love winning :wink: : the feeling of having won against snack last night sure is good :smile:.
    Me: 21 - Late snacks: 6 (Jason, do notice that 21-6=15 > your 13 :tongue:)
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Rose 22/ Snacks 5

The math on my previous was incorrect :wink: !
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 22 - Late snacks: 6
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    15 me / 13 snacks

Two more nights to go. Tonight's cut off will be 8:30 as we have a late night out, and dinner is my last meal.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I've stuck w/this the past couple nights so I think I'm ready to provide some competition for May!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Okay, finally getting the hang of this. Of course, it's funny that our new challenge will start on the weekend. Going hard and heavy.

16 me/snacks 13

Tonight out with the girls, so I'm going to say 9:30, no snacking once I get home.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Dinner finished a bit past 9, but it did, so Me: 23 :smile: - Late snacks: 6

The May challenge: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/94070-may-2010-no-more-snacking-after-dinner Come back, even if you've been quiet the past weeks. :flowerforyou:

To conclude this challenge, I propose we overview our results. So tomorrow copy paste the following line and add your name and data.

(Nick)name: number vs. Late snacks: number.
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    I'm so Sorry dewdrop it totally slipped my mindWow did 3 days go by fast, I'm still good though. Thank You for reminding me dewdrop & for telling me about the new challenge for May I'll definately be joining got to keep motivated.>>>>>>>>

Jason 16
    Snacks 0 (Oh yeah)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    (Lula) Lorna: 17 vs Late snacks: 13

Okay, so it was rough going in the beginning but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. So I'm ready for the new challenge. For May, my goal is to obviously not screw up. But ultimately, to not let Snacks win by more than 12.

How did you all do?
  • dewdrop
    Options
    (Lula) Lorna: 17 vs Late snacks: 13
    Dew: 23 vs Late snacks: 7

(I had dinner too late last night - though it's been just a big green salad with some olive oil and some bread). Although my eating times have varied a lot the past month, I had no mindless snacking (on unhealthy stuff). So, like Rosemary, I think all in all this was a success :smile:. THANK YOU all so much for sticking with this and for being so motivational. :love:
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Jason 16 vs Snacks 0
    Lorna(LulaB)17 vs Late snacks 13
    Dew:23 vs Late snacks:7
    Rose: 25 vs Late snacks: 5

Good to see ya ZaZa!

Best to all in May. We can do it! :drinker:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/94070-may-2010-no-more-snacking-after-dinner?page=1#posts-1307963

Just posting the new challenge again for May in case you guys weren't able to find it. Hope to see you there. We miss you!!!