Family member refuses

Options
1234568»

Replies

• AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    Ok

I'm feeling really attacked right now. My grandmother is a beautiful person and if she just lost an extra 10 pounds or so the quality of her life would sky rocket!

For all you people saying just leave her alone . . What kind of mentality is that?

Where would YOU be with out the helpful encouragement of people like me?

I know my granny can lift that bar bell over her head and by golly she is GOING to do it!

This seriously has to be a joke??? Either way this thread has made me laugh so hard a little wee nearly ran down my leg

^ Haha omg yes. Thank you for the laugh
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I dunno, she's 92.

If I make it to 92, I'm going to eat whatever the hell I want, snort cocaine and have unprotected sex with prostitutes.

^^^ This. :drinker:
    ]

Nothing to do with this thread just noticed your ticker, congrats on your weightloss thats amazing
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I can't believe some of you didn't recognize this as a joke...

AmL4mbJ.gif
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I dunno, she's 92.

If I make it to 92, I'm going to eat whatever the hell I want, snort cocaine and have unprotected sex with prostitutes.

^^^^ this!

She has done 92 years, she deserves love, respect and major pampering!
    :flowerforyou:

This is for granny
    Ok take her to the gym but let her people watch, even 92 year olds can appreciate a nice body or two.

Go granny go!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    If you want her to run, just tell her there's a special at the Old Country Kitchen Buffet and the car's broke down. And yeah it's unbelievable all the naysayers who are unsupportive by telling you it's her choice and not yours. The nerve of some people.

BY THE WAY IM NOT "YELLING" AT YOU I ALWAYS TYPE IN CAPS DUE TO MY HANDS.
    What does that have to do with your hands? It's the same keys whether you are typing lower or uppercase.
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    OMG..I don't who you are. THAT'S FUNNY!
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    "dont care who you are"
  • wolfelements
    wolfelements Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wow, this thread turned into a joke.

Original Poster: I have the same problem with my grandpa. My grandma goes for walks everyday, even with her bad knee, but my grandpa refuses to do more than get up, turn on the Speed channel, and watch NASCAR. I have trouble motivating my mom too, who is more overweight than me and pre-diabetic and won't listen to ALL of the lectures I've given her about her health (emotional and brutally honest lecture).

I understand your grandma is elderly, so she deserves a little leisure, but she should try to be healthier to see all the wonderful things in her family that's going to happen. I don't have advice, but I support you in your endeavor.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    VasyIP is my MFP hero of the day.

Now...

Weight loss is about caloric deficit, not exercise per se. So I suggest you restrict her visits to Country Kitchen Buffet. That should help.
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Even if she were 22, there isn't much you could do.

But in this case, leave the poor woman alone and perhaps try to learn a thing or two from her.

I wanted to believe this was a joke, but so many people do get like this once they have turned their own lives around.

I'm completely with you on this. Just because you're into fitness now, and you think she needs to 'change her ways' or 'turn her life around' or whatever motivation/justification you want to use, it's not your choice.
    If she doesn't want to work out, she doesn't have to. End of story.
    If I want to lay in bed and eat chicken wings and potato chips all day, totally my choice.

There is also a difference between encouragement, and forcing someone to do something. Everyone here is here for the same reason, we all benefit from each others encouragement, but if someone has no interest in going to the gym, don't force it. It will make them resent it even more.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Wow, this thread turned into a joke.

Original Poster: I have the same problem with my grandpa. My grandma goes for walks everyday, even with her bad knee, but my grandpa refuses to do more than get up, turn on the Speed channel, and watch NASCAR. I have trouble motivating my mom too, who is more overweight than me and pre-diabetic and won't listen to ALL of the lectures I've given her about her health (emotional and brutally honest lecture).

I understand your grandma is elderly, so she deserves a little leisure, but she should try to be healthier to see all the wonderful things in her family that's going to happen. I don't have advice, but I support you in your endeavor.
    NEWS FLASH.....
    The OP was a joke!
    And it was made funnier by all the people who DIDN'T get it.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I'm truly offended by this post. How sexist can you be? Can you honestly say this would be funny if it was the OP's 92 year old grandfather that needed to work out? Why can't you all realize that women can lift too?