WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL

Options

Replies

• hopefull01
    Options
    Would lovr to join!Where do you find those cool icons??????Hopefull How do I join?
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Welcome Hopefull01.

You just did join, all you have to do is post. You will love this thread, there are a great bunch of women in the community.
    If you want smileys just click the add smiley button when you post. ( upper right)

The rest of the items on the posts are set on your profile pages. See help for instructions.

Today is our 34th anniversary. Such a milestone! Seems like we got married yesterday, and here we are 55 yrs. old. We are both working long schedules today so we met for lunch. He's still the man I'm crazy about 34 years later.:heart:

How lucky am I?
    Alice
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    God Bless you, Alice and Happy Anniversary!!!!:flowerforyou:
    BirdieM:bigsmile:
  • heartrw
    heartrw Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Just dropping for a quick hello. Happy Saturday afternoon everyone. It is a beautiful day here in eastern Nebraska. Have spent the day cleaning up a "bed" area and pulling weeds! Doesn't take me long working outdoors to remember why I always welcome autumn! Just kidding...after this last winter I will glady pull weeds and pick up debris for awhile!

Welcome Hopefull01! Glad to have you here.

To Mimi/Mary, Cindy, pmjsmom, TamiToo and anyone else experience difficulty staying the course diet-wise right now...just hang in there...some days it seems to click and some days it just doesn't. Tami, I'm with Randy on the afternoon eating at work most likely being boredom and/or discontent at having to be at work! I would always turn to eating something when I was faced with a large pile of filing or other task I didn't really want to do! I always wonder if my body is deficient in something when I start having uncontrolled hunger and cravings. You know how kids will automatically eat more when they are going through a growth spurt. They don't know that they're growing, but there bodies sure do. :ohwell: The important thing is not to beat yourself up too much and just keep on trying. As Barbie and others says: never, never, never give up.

:flowerforyou: Mary...I hope you followed Alice's advice to put your feet up and enjoy your tea. You must have been terrified and your timing was perfect to have come upon the scene after the crash instead of during!

:flowerforyou: Denise...Happy Birthday tomorrow! Enjoy your night out. I'm happy DH's wallet was turned in. How unfortunate that he had to cancel all his credit cards first...ouch!

:flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou: Alice...Happy 34th Anniversary!!! Hope you guys had a wonderful lunch and can plan a special time when you have more time to spend together!!

Everyone have a great day! :heart: Terri :heart:
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Renny, best wishes for a successful Skinny Saturday..........I walked on the pier in Port Angeles yesterday and it was almost clear enough to see Victoria across the water, and when the ferry docked, I thought how easy it would be to travel your way.
    :heart: hugs:heart: Barbie

:flowerforyou: Barbie.....so that was you I saw across the water (smile):bigsmile: :laugh: It is easy to come across. Let me know when you do and we'll meet up!

:flowerforyou: Alice...Happy Anniversary! Love it that you guys are still in love. May it continue for many more years in health and happiness.:flowerforyou:

:bigsmile: Just came back from a 1 1/2 hr bike-ride - to the library and back. I am soooo happy. I love bike riding. In Holland you use your bicycle all the time as a mode of transportation. I am seriously considering riding my bike to work. The trail is longer than by car (which is ~20km), so could be 25k one way, which is ~15 miles. hmmm she thinks.

:heart: (((hugs))) Rebel:heart:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Just got back from buying retaining wall stones. We were going to unload it today but I think we will do that tomorrow. We have to carry it thru our house to the back deck. That means 25 trips each carrying 20 pounds of stone up a flight of stairs. I can't wait. Hope you are all having a great day. I am so not used to the sun being out. It really throws me into a tail spin.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Welcome Hopeful!

Alice - Happy Anniversary!

Swimming was fun, but very crowded today. DD and her friend had fun at the movies and I am glad to be home. We are watching Mr. Deeds which is one of my favorite movies.

Jeannie
  • RebelRenny
    Options
    :ohwell: HINT: If you don't want all those exercise entries cluttering your friends' news-feeds, go to "Settings" and to "News feeds". This is the place where you can check off what you want your friends to see. If you don't see mine anymore, it is not that I am not exercising, I just changed the settings. Meanwhile Mike (creator of MFP) is working on doing something about the clutter of all the different kinds of exercises. END HINT :ohwell:

:bigsmile: I had a good "Skinny Saturday". Here's hoping the scale agrees.

:heart: :heart: Rebel :heart: :heart:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good Evening, All! I enjoy so much reading what everyone is up to...never a dull moment.

Alice, congratulations on your anniversary! I think having a life partner that you still care so much about is the greatest gift and I like Barbie's goal of nurturing the relationship with your spouse. You obviously know that, Alice!
    Mary, I too hope that you have been able to recover from witnessing such a trauma. We do all need to count our blessings.

About mid-afternoon hunger: That is always my problem and I have found that for me, some bit of protein helps the most. One of my favorites is a cut up apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Or a "few" almonds. (I have to be careful or I can consume too many!) String cheese also works....Having something already planned is the key, I think.

I FINALLY got out in my garden today and dug and dug and pulled and pulled weeds. Goal is to get some tomato plants in tomorrow afternoon and a few seeds. I am so behind my usual schedule this year. But I have gotten to do some fun things and was able to help son, darling DIL and grandbaby this past week, so that is more important. Amicable Spouse is glad to have me home making nice dinners again.

Did my "Shred" today...5 days now and way easier than day one. Plus my pants feel loser, so it must be helping!

Good night all, Kackie
  • rfsahae
    rfsahae Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: HINT: If you don't want all those exercise entries cluttering your friends' news-feeds, go to "Settings" and to "News feeds". This is the place where you can check off what you want your friends to see. If you don't see mine anymore, it is not that I am not exercising, I just changed the settings. Meanwhile Mike (creator of MFP) is working on doing something about the clutter of all the different kinds of exercises. END HINT :ohwell:

:bigsmile: I had a good "Skinny Saturday". Here's hoping the scale agrees.

:heart: :heart: Rebel :heart: :heart:

Excellent! I have done so. Thanks for the tip.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello everyone from another lovely sunny morning in York :bigsmile:

First let me say HAPPY BIRTHDAY DENISE :drinker: Hope you have a lovely day . :bigsmile:

and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ALICE :drinker: Hope you have a lovely day too.

:grumble: I had a senior moment yesterday, I was getting ready to take the dogs out with my daughter Heather and it wasn't until we got to Strensall Common that I realised I just had my ordinary shoes on instead of my walking boots. I still need to wear boots as the grass is still very wet and on the common it's very boggy. So despite the lovely sunny afternoon my feet were soaked :bigsmile: Still, it was a nice walk, no one around for miles which suits Frankie as he gets very upset if anyone or dogs come too close to him. Poor Tara though fell into a stream that is normally just a tiny little bit of water to cross over, not sure how she did it - I think her leg gave way but she fell sort of sideways into the water ,which because of all the rain we have had over the last few months was deeper than normal. Poor thing she looked so sorry for herself. It was just another reminder that she is 10yrs old now and her legs are not as strong as they used to be. Heather was a bit upset and said she did not know what she would do if anything happened to Tara. I think she is worried because we found another lump in the area at the top of her front leg. We've already had one lump investigated in her chest but the vet thought that this was just a fatty lump that older dogs get and we should keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get any bigger. Apart from that though Tara is in good health. :smile:

:laugh: I can't believe how quickly the time passes when I log into this site. At least if I am typing, I am not eating :bigsmile: It is Sunday today, so I will log my dinner in advance, only 2 roast potatoes and 1 Yorkshire pud , fill up on veggies and a small portion of lean chicken.

Jeanie Mr Deeds is a good film it'sone I can watch over and over again :smile:

Denise meant to ask where about in North Yorkshire were you?

Barbie I am trying to see where I can improve on my healthy eating - I know I need to plan meals in advance - it's putting it into practice now. Thanks for all your good advice.

Best get on if dinner is going to be ready for lunchtime - oh by the way it will be interesting to see what my mum gives me for tea tonight we had a good chat on Friday but whether any of it has sunk in we shall see. :bigsmile:

Take care everyone :drinker:

Viv :heart:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was the day I finally broke. I have been so good for 49 days. But yesterday the exercise wasn't as much as I wanted to do and I drank too much wine and I had chocolate and I feel like poop today. I guess I just really kind of snapped. Its no biggie and I will get right back into another 49 days of healthy eating and exercising. I just found it interesting that I had no control last night. I knew everything I was putting in my mouth was wrong but I just couldn't stop. I really don't want to feel that way again. Thanks for listening. I hope you all have a great day.
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Hey, I hear you. I did the same. Trying to get back on track today. Hang in there. It took years to gain the weight so we must have patience to take it off.

susan
  • rfsahae
    rfsahae Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've been there. It's like an out-of-body experience - - watching yourself and silently screaming "Stop! Stop!". :wink:
    Sounds like you're determined! Yay ! ! ! You go girl.
  • RebelRenny
    Options
    Yesterday was the day I finally broke. I have been so good for 49 days. But yesterday the exercise wasn't as much as I wanted to do and I drank too much wine and I had chocolate and I feel like poop today. I guess I just really kind of snapped. Its no biggie and I will get right back into another 49 days of healthy eating and exercising. I just found it interesting that I had no control last night. I knew everything I was putting in my mouth was wrong but I just couldn't stop. I really don't want to feel that way again. Thanks for listening. I hope you all have a great day.

:flowerforyou: I can identify, have done it too many times. I think it is really positive that you are sharing this. The good thing on this forum is that this is a safe place to share successes as well as break-downs. That's what I love about it. Good for you that you are getting yourself back on track :flowerforyou:

:bigsmile: Today I'm playing golf with my girlfriends. Walking the 18 holes, so will get plenty of exercise and fresh air. I am looking forward to it. :bigsmile:

:heart: :heart: Rebel:heart::heart:
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hi .....and Bye from me. Dashing in and out today. :ohwell: Sorry...missed yesterday but I've read up on posts today.
    :angry: Struggling for motivation at the moment and I've strayed from the path a tiny bit. Within calories today but the evening will see whether I can stay that way.Still at 153lbs so I must be thankful it's no higher!!
    :frown: I'm tired but shouldn't be as I've been able to sleep through the night with mum in hospital.:smile: She's brighter today but not eating which is a worry. :noway: She still cannot grasp where she is .. or what's happened .....so I think we'll have quite a task on our hands!!!
    The lady in the next bed also has dementia and I've been swapping stories with her daughter!! Both in the same boat we think!!

So ...Bye for now
    :heart: Jackie
  • heartrw
    heartrw Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Greetings and happy Sunday to all.

Viv…about the shoes…A couple of weeks ago I went to a group meeting, looked down at my feet and realized I was still wearing my house slippers:noway: !! At least they were a pair and matched though:happy: . About 15 years ago I made the mistake of buying the same style of pumps in both navy and black. It’s amazing how much it shows up in sunlight when you are wearing two different colors of shoes:laugh: !! About the dog…DH’s nephew has a very old dog that has got so many lumps he’s positively bumpy!! They had the first one or two taken off and then decided, as they were just fatty lumps or whatever, that they would not be able to keep up with them. Dog is fine…just an old lumpy, bumpy dog! But he’s got a good life with a good family and that’s all that really matters to the dear old thing!

:flowerforyou: Robin…your story brings back many, many “events” for me. I do seem to have that problem. The worst was the week after Christmas when I was faced with being snowed in with a 3-1/2 gallon tin of cheese, butter, and caramel popcorn. Ouch…that one hurt!! You can get back on track very quickly with this group, so just keep hanging out here!!

Jackie, hope your mom is doing okay. Dementia is tough! I'm sure it's harder on the rest of us then it is on them!

:heart: Terri:heart:
  • jam0525
    Options
    Dementia is hard. One of our area high schools just had a scare with an older man hanging out watching the girls soccer practice. Turns out it's an elderly man who use to coach his daughters and grand-daughters and just likes to watch the girls practice and play. The police were called and when they talked to him the old man felt terrible about scaring the girls and left. But then, he forgot about it and came back a few days later. After getting the whole story and talking to the man's family the school decided to just tell the parents what was going on and to let the man come and watch and leave him alone. The alert from the school was very well written. I was happy it turned out the way it did.

My Dad can't remember falling and breaking his leg (either time) or his hip nor does he remember the last 2 surgeries. I'm just as glad he doesn't as when he hears his medical history he feels terrible until he forgets it again.

Jackie, good luck with your mom.

Jeannie
  • jam0525
    Options
    PS: I just turned off all my news feeds. Thanks for the information on how to do that. It was driving me crazy!!!!!!

Any of us can fill up a page on our own with all the stuff we do (exercise) and post.

Jeannie
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Renny: Glad to know how to turn off news feed...I will go do that now

All of you dealing with aging parents, especially dementia: take care of yourselves too. Both of mine are still doing pretty well, but I know that cant' go on forever and I dread it. They have been my rock for so long.

Terri: I am laughing about the house shoes!!! Because I can understand all too easily how that could happen!!

Robin: I totally get what happened to you...have done it so, so many times! Makes me feel better to know so many others relate! Go get those retaining stones and haul away...nothing like a good project to distract you from the goodies calling.

Did the Shred again today and feel pretty strong. Good thing, as I got some plants in the garden today and more weeding, weeding, weeding!! A glorious day here in the lowcountry though!

Good night all! Kackie:yawn: