My body can't tolerate bad food anymore! How about you?

Options

Replies

• Jessica_Mujahidah
    Jessica_Mujahidah Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! I've had two instances in the last few months where I've eaten "junk" and ended up with gastro symptoms for up to 12 hours after. It wasn't until the most recent (after I binged at an afternoon tea with the girls) that I realised I didn't actually catch a gastro virus from the kids, I ate myself sick!

I'm not cutting out all junk, but lets just say it was easy to say no to dessert on Saturday night!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    For starters... carbs and sodium, then there is the high amount of fat from the cheese, which isn't counting the other fats from any additional meat toppings... Not the most unhealthy, but not a good choice as a "typical" meal.

That doesn't make the food bad. That makes it more likely for someone to shove too much of it into their face. It's calorically and nutritionally dense, not "bad".

Chicken wings are very similar, just without the carbs, due to their higher fat content. Wings are bad, eh?

If pizza and wings are bad, then I don't wanna be good. :)

But yeah, for sure, my body reacts differently to heavier meals now, especially those with a higher fat content. But I also get full faster, so I am a cheap date!
  • MrsFowler1069
    Options
    I've never been able to tolerate bad food.

That's why I don't eat kale or asparagus.

lol I love both, but this is funny.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    YES, and thank god. It is so much easier to not eat all the crap foodz, because I know the result will be intestinally distressing to me and all those who live with me (True story. Sorry.). It is those same crap foodz that helped get me up to that weight, so I am really OK with my body heartily rejecting those same foodz now. #winning
  • MrsFowler1069
    Options
    Okay, but pizza isn't bad food!

You're joking right? This wasn't home made pizza!

What makes it so bad then?

The processed nature of takeout pizza is what makes it unhealthy. Every ingredient processed and unrefined leaving your body with a lot of calories, higher blood pressure and blood sugar for a lot less nutrients than you can get out of whole foods.

lol Processed AND unrefined. Good trick. And pizza is lovely.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i can still eat any kind of food and feel fine, however... i cannot tolerate as much beer as i once did. i found this out in july, and have not had a drink since. i guess i tried to take it back to 1996 and the keg stand and beer bong didnt work as well as it once did... i puked all over my car, while my husband drove home, for 30 miles. but, yeah... food... not a problem...
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Okay, but pizza isn't bad food!

You're joking right? This wasn't home made pizza!

What makes it so bad then?

The processed nature of takeout pizza is what makes it unhealthy. Every ingredient processed and unrefined leaving your body with a lot of calories, higher blood pressure and blood sugar for a lot less nutrients than you can get out of whole foods.

Totally agree! I have talked with my doctor and nutritionist and ANY processed foods are NOT healthy. With so many people defending pizza on this thread, it's no wonder we have a morbid obesity epidemic!

So anything with flour, anything with yoghurt, anything with spices, anything bottled, anything with water (almost all drinkable water is processed) any bran, oat all shelled nuts are not healthy. Because processed. Oh. What do you eat?
  • peachcats
    Options
    Had mcdonalds the other day and felt sick.

I still eat pizza from Little Caesers 2-3 times a week though, so it's probably just the garbage they put into McD's.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I can no longer tolerate certain foods. With me, it is American fast food. I can no longer stand the smell of American fast food much less eat it. McDonalds is one example...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    No, since I've been on MFP, I've come to understand that there is no such thing as "bad" food.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    The flora of the human digestive system is not monolithic population of bacteria. It constantly changes and adapts to the foods that are normally ingested. One type of bacteria that's good at breaking down lettuce will not be as good at breaking down sugar and vice versa. If you make a drastic change to your diet, you will likely experience some sort of 'gurgling' since the bacteria in your intestines are not of the variety that will best digest the food you've newly presented it with. After a few days, the bacteria populations adjust to your new diet. This will happen if you go from eating 'good foods' to eating 'bad foods' or vice versa.

It's just a matter of your guts having to make drastic changes along with your drastic diet changes.

*I do not believe in "good" or "bad" foods, just different foods.
  • LuckyShimmer
    LuckyShimmer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My body isn't used to sugars anymore. Meaning, candy, ice cream, fizzy drinks, doghnuts with powdered sugar, etc. My friend offered me some Skittles and out of politness, I took one, but the taste felt odd, I could actually feel all the chemicals and I had a major tummy ache after eating it. The same goes for all candies and sweetened drinks, ugh, can't stand the tastes of those.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    My body isn't used to sugars anymore. Meaning, candy, ice cream, fizzy drinks, doghnuts with powdered sugar, etc. My friend offered me some Skittles and out of politness, I took one, but the taste felt odd, I could actually feel all the chemicals and I had a major tummy ache after eating it. The same goes for all candies and sweetened drinks, ugh, can't stand the tastes of those.

You had *a* Skittle and got a stomach ache because of it?

What chemicals were you feeling, exactly?

I don't even care that this is a stupid old thread - I gotta hear these answers.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread!!!

But I'm with Virgoddess, I want to hear this.

On topic: I actually can tolerate "bad" foods better now. I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago and was having *ahem* side effects on a regular basis. Now that I eat less fat in general (not low fat, but less fat than I used to), I can tolerate some "junk" food with zero side effects.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

You had *a* Skittle and got a stomach ache because of it?

What chemicals were you feeling, exactly?

I don't even care that this is a stupid old thread - I gotta hear these answers.

lol so much yes

• BeastReborn
    BeastReborn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's likely that your body just isn't used to the "bad food" anymore, because you haven't been used to it. Watch out in the coming years, you'll be hearing the term "gut biome" all over the place. It's the same if you go from a bologna sandwich and mac n cheese diet to a diet full of "healthy" fiber. You'll have stomach aches, bloating, smelly gas, possibly constipation, etc.

Would you say the fruits and vegetables are bad for you for causing such a reaction? No, you would advise to just give it time, because your body was adjusting to the change in routine. It's the exact same here. Your body doesn't know what "good" or "bad" food is. Everything looks the same to your body.

To get an idea what your body sees, put your meal into a blender and blend the heck out of it. See that slop that results? That's what your body sees. It has no idea what you're eating. It's just going to extract the amino acids, sugars, fatty acids, minerals and vitamins from that slop. It has absolutely no idea where that slop came from; there's no way for it to tell that you just blended up a Happy Meal from Mickey D's or a green smoothie with organic fruits and vegetables. It's all the same to our body.
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Where I can see these mythical creatures in their natural habitat? Can't tolerate "bad" food? What in the chupacabra!? I bet I could eat a vegan diet for the next 30 years and someone could hand me God's own Dessert (otherwise known as a Suzy-Q) and not only would I tolerate it, I'd get an erection-to-completion from it.

Unicorns I tell you, unicorns.
  • BeastReborn
    BeastReborn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    aplcr0331 wrote: »
    Where I can see these mythical creatures in their natural habitat? Can't tolerate "bad" food? What in the chupacabra!? I bet I could eat a vegan diet for the next 30 years and someone could hand me God's own Dessert (otherwise known as a Suzy-Q) and not only would I tolerate it, I'd get an erection-to-completion from it.

Unicorns I tell you, unicorns.

Go from a low fiber to a high fiber diet, and then report back the results. More than likely, you will feel the results. It takes a bit for your body to adjust to fiber.

As for the quotation marks, I use them in jest. There are no good nor bad foods. Food is just food.
  • Stitch_down_carbs
    Stitch_down_carbs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes I am pretty much a sugar addict and drunk a drink called Lucozade daily. Now the drink I relied on, I can not stand the taste of it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Pretty funny how we spend years eating all these foods then people diet for like 4 days then all of a sudden that can't stomach all the foods they loved last week. Seems very psychological to me.

So much this!!!