Something you do for free that most people pay for.

Options
14567810»

Replies

• awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    hair perms, hair color, and shaving everywhere.:flowerforyou:
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I color my own hair with $3 hair color and get compliments almost every day. i walked into my salon last week and the first thing said was that my hair color was beautiful. And that chick isn't even my stylist! I love you Medium Auburn.

I was also told by a bride whose wedding I was in that I didn't need the makeup artist because I do my own quite well. Unfortunately, I didn't heed her advice and let the makeup artist make me look like a back alley meth addict from the 80s. Not cute.

But I still can't cook worth a damn! :grumble:
  • awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    hair perms, hair color, and shaving everywhere.:flowerforyou:
    I also cook for others, mostly dinner like seafood pasta, smothered porkchops and fried catfish.
  • whitelaurel
    whitelaurel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Oh, you guys have impressive abilities! I'm thinking about trying to trim my own hair, if I ever get enough courage. ;) And sewing, that's cool.

I color my own hair and I cook and bake! :D And I'm my own personal trainer, thank you, Internet. ;) I also try to get crafty with homemade gifts, although nothing that needs to be sewn or beaded. :( Building up special talents is fun. :)
  • srenaea
    srenaea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do my own eyebrows and I hardly eat out at work!! One of my coworkers called me thrifty:smooched:
  • browneyedbeaute
    browneyedbeaute Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I use a small rock in the shower for exfoilation on my body. It works amazingly well. A friend on mfp told me about it =)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I'm always making and delivering amazing meals to my friends...I'm a foodie:)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    now why did my mind go straight to the gutter on this one?

:laugh: :wink:

My first thought was "I *WISH* I had a talent." Then I thought of one and quickly remembered that I'm married. :devil:
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I use a small rock in the shower for exfoliation on my body. It works amazingly well. A friend on mfp told me about it =)

A rock? A certain kind? That sounds interesting.
  • chadgard
    chadgard Posts: 102 Member
    Options

He was an 18B weapons sergeant in the military and then ran a gunsmith shop for a while after he got out :) I'm pretty sure you can take classes with the NRA for gunsmithing, but I think the easiest thing for you to do is ask a local gunsmith where they got their training (people in the gun community are SO nice and your local shooting range probably has a gunsmith employed, they're pretty easy to get ahold of!) and see if you can find something convenient for you to get your skills where you'd like them to be

I guess it was pretty organic for him, then ;)

Alas, we have a severe lack of local gunsmiths. Though I live in one of the most gun-friendly states, there aren't any ranges nearby, either (other than the one I made on our farm...). One shop I go to occasionally has a range, but it's over an hour away, so I don't go regularly. I'll make sure to ask who they suggest for gunsmithing next time I'm there!

Thanks!
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Get a whole bunch of audiobooks from a torrent site
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Get a whole bunch of audiobooks from a torrent site

THIEF!!!!!
  • sechadyl
    sechadyl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I get free groceries.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I run an outdoors shop, so I get to demo (keep) new rock climbing gear, footwear, hiking stuff. I also climb at the local rock gym for free.

My fiance used to be a head auto tech, so we don't pay for car repairs/checkups and we use his car skills to barter for home repairs and other people's time.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    No cable here. Download EVERYTHING I watch. That's really not that much anymore since TV kind of bores me now but some shows and movies here and there.
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My hair
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Tax returns. I do mine, my parents and my tax inept friends, who I swear would be in prison by now if I didn't file their taxes for them.

I also refuse to pay a yard service to fertilize my grass. I can do that and save $100 a year.
    \
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    cut my own grass, shovel driveway, dy my own hair, make my own pizza, my own personal trainer, workout at home,
  • FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    CUT MY OWN HAIR, COOK @ HOME ( ALL DAT TAKEOUT ND FASTFOOD IZ NT MY THING), WRKOUT @ HOME. DNT PAY FA CABLE