Something you do for free that most people pay for.

Options

Replies

• XanthePersephone
    XanthePersephone Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Makes my own jerky (beef/elf/deer/), crochet, change the oil in my car, give hubby haircuts, have gaming/drinking nights at our home/friends home to save the expense of the bar tab ;)

Elf jerky?!?!

That's awesome.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I don't think that many people pay for this but... I teach random strangers how to juggle for free.

Seriously- that totally rocks my socks!! I want to learn!!!!!!
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I don't do ANY of this stuff for myself... not only do I rarely find time, but nothing ever turns out right when I do it! Even things as simple as nails/eyebrows look better when I have someone else do it. I guess some people pay to jailbreak their phones, and I can do that (so could they if they looked it up).
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Most home improvement projects.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Cut my own hair, I've never been to a hairdresser & I get mine done perfect each time. Dye my own hair. Workout free. Repair computers when asked by everyone. I do websites free as well. Clean, cook.... hell I'm a friggen maid for free. Loads of other things but they all seem boring as well.
  • BioMechHeretic
    BioMechHeretic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Anything computer/network related, tech repair work, nails, eyebrows, my own makeup, rock shows and concerts and club nights, small home repairs, small auto repairs and maintenance,
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Some canning and pickling, cook (exquisitely!), gel manicures, home renovations (my husband and I just flipped our house--all plumbing and wood floor installation--by ourselves), dog training, web design, decorating, baking (birthday cakes and all), painting, furniture building, upholstery, sewing, cleaning, taxes, eyebrows,
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My fiancé never has to hire someone to do graphic design work for his company because I have a degree in it :laugh: And he reloads ammo when it's necessary/more convenient. He used to be a gunsmith, too, so he does all of our gun maintenance, upgrades, etc., which is awesome because I would have no idea how to do any of that stuff!

Where/how did he learn gunsmithing? It's something that interests me, but I have no background there to build on, other than liking to tinker...

He was an 18B weapons sergeant in the military and then ran a gunsmith shop for a while after he got out :) I'm pretty sure you can take classes with the NRA for gunsmithing, but I think the easiest thing for you to do is ask a local gunsmith where they got their training (people in the gun community are SO nice and your local shooting range probably has a gunsmith employed, they're pretty easy to get ahold of!) and see if you can find something convenient for you to get your skills where you'd like them to be
  • keltee15
    keltee15 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Cut my own hair
  • IlfirinLuthien
    IlfirinLuthien Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Translate and write stuff for people in 3 languages... Wish I was getting paid for that lol.
  • Antheajw
    Antheajw Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do my own pedicures! I will occasionally get them done by someone else but mostly do them myself!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Listen to them.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Brazilian wax. I only pay for that when I'm too pregnant to see what I'm doing on my own. :blushing:
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    now why did my mind go straight to the gutter on this one?

Don't worry, you've got company down there :-)
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Clean my own house, do my own yard work, watch my nice for free the last 10 years, etc----
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Diagnose ailments.
    Unfortunately, I can't write prescriptions or I would save a lot of time and money by not going to the doctor's office.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    download music...lol
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    Do lots of tourist activities! The joys of working in tourism :)
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Teach my kids piano and martial arts. Make jewelry. Cook. Clean house. Cut the kids' hair. Change the oil in my car. Well, sometimes--that's something I don't mind paying for when I'm busy.
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Makes my own jerky (beef/elf/deer/), crochet, change the oil in my car, give hubby haircuts, have gaming/drinking nights at our home/friends home to save the expense of the bar tab ;)

Elf jerky?!?!

That's awesome.

Yes, them angry little elfs that keep stealing my underwear. (lol I really meant elk...LOL)