over 200 club New year New me Part 13

Options

Replies

• cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I dont have that much energy....I wish I did, Im kind of jealous! I mean its a WHOLE lot better than it was when I started but I dont really feel overly energetic or anything. Actually most days Im pooped! I want MORE energy! That was one of my biggest reasons for starting this. I want to be able to take care of my son and not be soo freaking tired by the end of the day that I cant take care of my fiance :wink:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Good Morning Girls,

Cogirl, I was 16 when my precious doggie died. He was a mut but he was huge and sweet, we loved him. My dad stopped at a yard sale when I was 3 or 4 and there was a dog laying there. My dad jokingly asked how much for the dog? The lady said he is not for sale but I would give you that one over there. My dad looked at him and said okay. I still remember they put him in the car. (giving my age away.) My younger bro said let's name him Charlie like Charlie the tuna fish. Remember those commercials in the 70's all of my girls who were around in the 70's? :laugh: :laugh: Anyways I remember being so sad the day he died and honestly to this day no dog can really come close to him. I think what you are doing is great. Letting them do something to remember their dogs and honoring the memory of them. You are a good Mother!!!!:flowerforyou:

Mari, Good for you!!! I know you can do it too!!! You are an amazing girl, working, going to school, and on top of it all actually taking care of yourself!!! I am proud of you!!!!

Cris, I was a bad daddy's girl. My dad never liked anyone I ever dated. He was Sicilian and had a deep gravely voice so when ever guys would call me they would ask if my dad was in the Mafia.:laugh: If he was he was a lousy gangster cause we never had any money:laugh: :laugh: Your dad will warm up I hope. He needs to.

Pos, I want to play wall ball:love:

Hope everyone has a great day. I am up to 48 ounces of water and it is only 10:47 am, pacific time.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    littlespy: the reason why i mentioned it was because we ( the family) play it downstairs in our basement..and now since the only cool place in our house is the Basement...Maybe you should build a wall..lol:laugh: with all that energy maybe you shold build a whole room...I wish i had that much energy... I am much more energized now than i was a couple months ago...more energy than my whole family...including my children...14, 13, and 4 years old...they keep telling me what did you eat today..and think you should stay away from the coffee..and i grin and say it not the coffee it how i feel about myself and i am accomplishing my 2 pound weighloss goal and that's what give me this energetic high...lol

let me go, my son (4 y/o) wants to play wii sports resort...check back later..

Hang in there girl!! You have the right attitude!! Great outlook!
  • cris20056
    Options
    Cris, I was a bad daddy's girl. My dad never liked anyone I ever dated. He was Sicilian and had a deep gravely voice so when ever guys would call me they would ask if my dad was in the Mafia.:laugh: If he was he was a lousy gangster cause we never had any money:laugh: :laugh: Your dad will warm up I hope. He needs to.

Same here! Like I said, we work in shipping so people are always asking me if my dad is smuggling drugs into the country and ssk me if he is in the mafia, lol...uhm no!!!! But he is scary haha
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Just checking in for yesterday quickly ... another hectic and BAD day at work :explode: .

calories: over ... I gave in and bought chips and dip again ... I know, I know - I shouldn't have :grumble:
    exercise: good ... did my hour of step at the Y even though I fell and embarrassed and hurt myself
    water: not so good ... didn't keep track but probably around 48oz
    proud: that I got my exercise in, and I'm still here

Have a good day everyone, mine just HAS to get better! :flowerforyou:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    :bigsmile: Well...I got my shirt and number for the Susan G Komen here in Fort Worth today...the 5k is April 24th. I can't wait!! :bigsmile:
  • Onederland
    Options
    I took a shower this morning before doing my Walk It Out Wii thing...and while I was in there I reach up to grab the shampoo and what like "what the hell is that lump?".....:huh:

ROFL. :laugh: :bigsmile:
    It would appear that I now have biceps forming, hahaha! I was so excited that I jumped out the shower and admired my newly developing muscles in the mirror.
    I swear, every few minutes I keep flexing my arms to make sure these newly formed muscles are still there....I'm hoping they at least stay firm until my hubby gets home tonight so i can show my newly muscular arms off to him....HAHA!

I know, I'm a doofus, but ya know feeling (and actually seeing the difference in the mirror) of my biceps firming up has given me much mojo today, so much so I walked 4 miles on my Walk It Out game, hehe.

Next goal...to stand in the shower, look down and see my feet....:wink::noway:
    Now the underneath, tricep area...ehhhh, I'm working on this. I got a lot of flabby flab stuff going on under there...:ohwell:
    but...(as I sit here looking at my new bicep muscles, rofl)..I sure do like the progess that I am making.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Onederland - I hear you about the new lumps and bumps... I couldn't sleep last night and I'd jogged after work so my legs were sore... so yeah... (BlueNote will laugh again) I kept feeling myself up. Yep. :blushing: I have a hip bone now - and quads and abs and ribs... The girls aren't what they once were... kinda deflated... but hey! they're only going to be around a few more months so that's ok!

Chris- You'll get the energy soon! Are you still eating the 100 calorie treats? I find I have a LOT more energy when I avoid carbohydrates :( Yesterday I had too much chocolate crap and uhg... but today I tried to eat more protein and like magic I had much more energy! I also get A LOT more energy when I do aerobics first thing in the morning (have I mentioned how much I hate getting up and working out?)

Colorado- I've had too many dogs die in my life... I think the ones that hurt the most are the ones that come out of the blue and happen too young :( My first dog Betsy died in her old age, while sleeping by the fire. It was sad but I knew it was the way to go. My next dog Duke was hit by a car over 20 years ago and I still can get choked up because it was too soon!!! He was only about six! I think you're doing a great job letting them work through it with scrap-booking!:flowerforyou:

OVER 200 WITH PAINT GUNS CLUB!!!!!:heart::drinker:

Gotta get going - I'll check back in tonight!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Any of you ladies are welcome to come play paintball with me here in Minnesota!!

Jess: That's awesome that you're doing a 5K for breast cancer. I'll be thinking of you on my birthday while you're doing your 5K!

Time to go for a walk and then for wings. Yum!
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    Heather - I'm REALLY good with a gun (thus the venison in the freezer) add to that my newly discovered ability to move quickly and oh YEAH!

So I'm being lured into sushi tonight... I'll check in with my best guess and correct later if needed :sad:

Calories - Even with the elliptical and a walk at lunch I'm guessing I'll be over by 350 (thanks to candy at training!)
    Water - Oh yeah - drank all day!
    Exercise - 35 minutes on the elliptical and 45 minutes walking but that wasn't enough (sniff)

Proud - I'm proud that I walked at lunch even though I didn't have time to change and I had to walk in my work shoes! I normally would have let that be enough reason to skip but I didn't!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Checking in:

Calories: Over by 2/ Ate all my exercise calories plus 2!!!! We will see how this all works next week. I have already lost a pound. I know it is the water weight I am holding but at least it is coming off.
    exercise: Mowed the back, Yard and started cleaning the garage for a grand total burn of 900 cals
    Water: Doing good. I have already got my 8 in but plan to have a couple more

Proud: Again I am proud that I have been keeping myself very busy so as not to eat too much. Burning lots of calories!!!!

I need to go shower I am dirty but I wanted to put in the garage cleaning. Then we will have dinner. (the 2 cals over is after I eat pizza for dinner I may cut out a pc. just to make me have some cals under. Not making any promises though I am hungry)
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Oh lordie mae I just read four pages of our thread. LOL I should have taken notes, but nope, I didn't, so here goes.

Over 200 Paintball Club? ROFL I am the most UNcompetitive person on the planet! I feel bad when I'm winning because someone else is losing! You definitely do NOT want me on the team. I will, though, stand on the sidelines playing my guitar and possibly writing a song about you silly girls. :laugh: But I must admit I am VERY good at hitting targets! I grew up with all brothers! :tongue:

I am also a pet lover and take grieving very seriously when I lose a pet. When I lost my cat Claude, I stayed in bed for three days. I did the same when his brother Chester left me. I love everyone's ideas for memorials. I still to this day cry sometimes about losing my Claude and Chester. Letting your kids grieve is so wonderful - good for you.

I loved reading everyone's proud moments. We are a great bunch of proud gals tonight!!! :heart:

check in:
    cals: OK
    water: 96
    exercise: 40 +10 bike, arms, pilates in bed, and.........I WALKED A MILE OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    proud: Did I mention I walked outside today for one mile?????????????? :happy:
  • cris20056
    Options
    momma- GREAT JOB! Way to keep busy!

mstahl- I havent been eating the 100 calories pack much because I havent been craving a snack, but come to think of it I have been eating a lot of carbs lately...good call! I'll make sure to reduce my carb and increase protein! thanks!

Tomorrow my friend and I are going to take our first spin class at the gym. Im scared and excited at the same time! I'll let you guys know how it goes, I hope it makes up for me not running today. I am feeling really unmotivated lately, bleh!

checking in 4/7/10
    calories- over by 7 or around there...
    water- yes
    sodium- 1500
    excercise w6d2 sit up challenge...I did 392 sit ups!! one more work out then I take the final test
    proud- that I did the situps but not proud that I skipped my run at the gym

good night!
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    So does it make it like really sad that I open up two windows for this message board so that I can read through the posts on one and comment right away on the other so as not to leave anything out? :laugh: I said I'd do better with the posts today, but my fiance had the day off and we went to the farmers market and the mall [raining and I really wanted to do some walking, and needed some more fruits n veggies] So I'm behind again..

Cris- I can [sort of] understand where you're coming from with the less than enthused parent. While my parents like my fiance, they're really stand-off-ish about us getting married. They want us to wait til we have all our debts and everything settled before getting married and having them combined, we're not doing anything big for a wedding, we've had a falling out with my soon to be mother-in-law and her family so there's not many left for my fiance to have witness our marriage and with our two kids, the money seems much more useful in other areas [our debts] to do anything big, so I don't really see the point in waiting. However my 21yrs of age seems to rotate to 12 in my family's eyes and I'm more or less told what I'm expected to do, and should I have the nerve to do my own thing, I get shut out by them for quite a while. I think parents should learn to support their adult children in the decisions they make, though I can see myself in 18-20 years doing something similar :laugh:

hajohnson- I absolutely LOVE being outside. We don't have any state parks here [probably cause we have no states :P] But we have a LOT of nature conservatories with Trails and I was looking them up last night and found one just outside of my town I didn't know about. My fiance and I drove around and found it today so when the weather clears up here [hopefully for our anniversary this weekend] we'll be getting out there and trying it out :D Awesome job with all the workouts you got in yesterday!

Positively-Good job in making your hubby finish the trail, though our loved ones might want to poke us for doing things like that sometimes, getting them active and keeping them going is definitely worth it in my eyes

Istpaul- Here's hoping a great bout of luck and happiness comes to ya soon, you deserve it rather than all this stress you've been under!

Onederland- Yay for bicep muscles :happy: I'm with ya on the wanting to see some resemblance of triceps though...I have enough hanging to flap my arms and fly away :(

Checking in before baby wakes..

Calories-Under never touched my exercise cals
    Water-still working on
    Exercise-2hrs of walking
    Proud-I'm coming up on THREE weeks of sticking to my new healthy lifestyle [for me, that's huge!!]
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    Sushi bad.

(actually the sushi was freaking:love: AWESOME:love: but the associated calories were bad)

Going to bed so I can get my time in on the elliptical in the AM -

Love you all!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Cris, I was thinking about the energy thing. I think my energy really increased when I started eating more. :wink:
    Speaking of eating more...

Calories: 1614
    Exercise: 30 minutes stationary bike
    Water: Oh, a lot. I've been floating all week trying to get rid of TOM & Easter sodium bloat.
    Proud: I was soooo hungry at my 2nd job so I grabbed a slice of cheese pizza & cut it in half & ate it. 1/2 a slice of pizza is so much better than being miserably hungry. :smile: Funny thing to be proud about, I guess. I think I'm more proud of the little things that signify to me that this is real & I have really made this change for life.
  • Onederland
    Options
    Checking in...:tongue:

Calories: Great and my ratios were really good.
    Water..ugg, will try to drink more before going to bed.
    Exercise, awesome, walked 4 miles, 62 minutes and had fun opening up some new events on my Walk It Out game.
    Proud Moment...standing butt nakkid in front of the bathroom mirror today and seeing the results of the last 10 weeks and my newly formed muscles that I never thought I would see again...hehe

I very much doubt though that there is anything I can do to make the ol' boobs perk back up. I think they are a lost cause. Everything else is firming up and they are still heading south. rofl.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I was feeling super tired today day, I am still fighting off a cold and think I over did it yesterday. :(

calories - over...Easter candy was calling my name.
    exercise - 20 min walk with my dog
    water - 1.5 L
    proud - I got a lot of work done on a wedding album I am creating for a client :)
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Can someone tell me how we do the calculations for our Friday weigh in? I can't seem to remember and I want to be able to calculate it tomorrow morning when we weigh in...Thanks!! :smile:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me how we do the calculations for our Friday weigh in? I can't seem to remember and I want to be able to calculate it tomorrow morning when we weigh in...Thanks!! :smile:

hey Jess,

I usually use this website because i am not a math person especially in teh morning...

http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/calculate-weight-loss-percentage.html

I hope it help...