Weight loss army!!

Options

Replies

• justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    I would like to joing too. I'm new here so just let me know what I need to do please. Don't assume everyone knows how to do things on the site, please.
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    I would like to joing too. I'm new here so just let me know what I need to do please. Don't assume everyone knows how to do things on the site, please.

Welcome to the group! All you need to do is post your weight on the message board each Monday for our weigh-in. Jenn will add you to the chart. There are challeges each week that we try to meet. One of the challenges is to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Another challenge that this army has is to exercise at least 210 minutes a week. If you review past posts, you will get an idea of how this group works. I have only been a member for almost 4 weeks now, but I am really liking the support that this group has to offer. Welcome again and best of luck!!
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    blondie76 – Oh I’m glad you like it! I’ve figured out a way to keep all the colours and shapes the exact same every week so the consistency will be nice. I’m the same way, I know this sounds super negative but I honestly think I might have given up if it weren’t for this group or at least be doing a heck of a lot worse. Showing off for summer is going to be so much fun! Don’t thank me, it’s all of us in the “army”, you’re just as much to thank as I am.
    JustGizzy – Hello there! Welcome to the army, we’re incredibly strict and do not tolerate anything but a 5 pound loss per week! NO NO, I’M TOTALLY KIDDING. We love everyone and encourage everyone no matter what the case (thank goodness because I’d be kicked out of my own army if it were the other way). Looks like you’ve already read the basics for the group! Fantastic, I’m impressed already. I just need your current weight and when you weigh-in next Monday pop by, check out the new challenge for the week and post your new weight!
    natgayle – If weekends are bad then this is the army to join! Monday weigh-in sure keep you in check! I do the chart every Tuesday so basically you post your current weight, post your updated weight on Mondays on this thread and BOOM you’ll be on the chart! Hope to see you on Monday!
    enromero – “SOMETHING SO SMALL”, are you kidding me! That’s FANTASTIC!! My goodness, what a great feeling! You need to celebrate! Thank you for being a part of this army! I love love love your victory story! I’m so proud of you! P.S. I’m still too scared to try mine on again but maybe you’ve inspired me. . .
    barty – You certainly did do the long half! Great job! I love doing charity walks, I’m a big fan of them. Let me know if you do another one and I’ll try and pledge you!
    davedylan – Sounds good, so we weigh-in on Monday’s and I post a graph of the progress on Tuesdays.
    aprilchampalmer – I’m sorry to hear that, I can’t imagine how stressed you must be right now. On the up side of your news, CONGRATS ON THE INCHES, or lack there of. . . Oh lady, I bet you are going to look nothing short of fine in that cream coloured suit. I’m expecting photos! Haha. Hooray for your wedding dress victory. . .hmm, maybe I should pull mine out.
    justahorsen – Allo and greetings from the Weight loss army!! Don’t worry, we never “assume everyone knows how to do things on this site”. I try and break everything down for every newbie. You are more than welcome to take a glance through the thread to get caught up on everything that has been happening. As for right now, we weigh-in on Mondays, I post a progress graph on Tuesdays and I usually post a challenge for the week. There isn’t a current challenge this week but believe you me, there will be one this week!
    pressica – Thanks so much welcoming the newbies, I’m sure it makes joining a lot easier. It means a lot! If nothing else, I think this group definitely offers support too! I hope you’re having a great week!

Alright recruits, so I noticed that I didn’t give a challenge this week. . . .hmm, someone was slacking there. I’m going to blame melbhall, no I’m kidding, it was totally me, sorry about that. This Monday I’m cooking up a fun challenge. . .

P.S. I’m truly sorry for the all CAPS and !!!!, I just finished working out and I think I’m still pumped up!
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I need to be held accountable

cw 156
    gw 135
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options

aprilchampalmer – I’m sorry to hear that, I can’t imagine how stressed you must be right now. On the up side of your news, CONGRATS ON THE INCHES, or lack there of. . . Oh lady, I bet you are going to look nothing short of fine in that cream coloured suit. I’m expecting photos! Haha. Hooray for your wedding dress victory. . .hmm, maybe I should pull mine out.

I cant wait to be able to wear it too! :-) im looking REALLY forward to being able to put it on and it fit NICELY. =-)
  • Heather_023
    Heather_023 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey Jenn! Sorry I managed to miss Monday's weigh in again, I meant to let you know that we'd be away camping before we left but it totally slipped my mind. I'll definitely be around this week, hope it's not too much trouble to keep me on board!
  • reignman
    reignman Posts: 5
    Options
    Can men join too if so I'm in
  • luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Sorry I Just found this post :( can I still join???

My weigh in days are Mondays anyways. Last week weigh in I was at 170 lbs.
    Rest of my info is on my signature :)
    Please let me know how to post weigh- ins etc

Thanks,
    Luly
  • enromero
    enromero Posts: 104
    Options
    reignman & luly727...welcome to the army :-) Jenn handles the chart and started this thread, Im sure she would love to add u guys!! We weigh in on mondays and she posts the chart on tues. We have fun lil weekly challenges like we aim to get atleast 64 oz of water in a day and 6 fruits and veggies, and atleast 210 min of exercise a week.

Once again welcome and good luck!!

Erin
    SW (3/1/10) 241
    CW (5/17/10) 215
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Hi everyone! Can I join your weightoss army? I've been looking for a group like this for challenges and support instead of just randomly posting on the message boards. Looks like you are it :smile:
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Hey WLArmy, Jenn, & slimkitty...
    I'm finally back from DC and an emergency visit to West Texas to care for my mom & I'm ready to get back to my normal routine. I've kept the lbs off & am thrilled, but shocked that it hasn't been all that difficult....

I'll check in/weigh-in with the rest of ya'll come Monday, have a great end of week and wonderful weekend:bigsmile:
  • jennmcpherson
    Options
    healthyeater9 – Welcome to the group, we weigh-in Monday mornings, hope to see you there!
    aprilchampalmer – Have you tried it on lately?
    fordbarth – Oh my goodness you, don’t be sorry. Did you have fun camping? I love camping but haven’t been in ages. Of course it’s not to much trouble to keep you on board, You’re spot is still there, I just don’t put people on the chart who I haven’t seen a weight for on Monday, if I did that there would be over 35 people on the chart with only have of them with a current weight. Can’t wait to see how you’re doing on Monday!
    reignman – 1 man with all these ladies! WE’D LOVE IT! haha, I’m sure you would too! All jokes aside, we would be happy to have you join us. We weigh-in on Mondays and I post a progress chart the following day.
    luly727 – Well hello there, so I wrote you a message back and I hope to see you on Monday!
    enromero – Thanks so much for welcoming the curious folk, I try to give everyone their own message but it’s hard to say “Hello” and “Welcome” that many different ways. Sure takes a load off of me. Thank you!
    slimkitty – Hi slimkitty, if you are looking for a very motivating group, you’re looking in the right place! We weigh-in Mondays and I post a progress graph on Tuesdays. I set weekly challenges. . .that’s pretty much the deal. Hope to see you for our weigh-ins.
    hooah_mj – I hope all is well and we’re super happy to have you back!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Lost 1 whole pound this week! I've been losing fractions of pounds for the last month but not this week. I weighed in yesterday but today I hopped on the scale and was down 1.2 from yesterday. Too much sodium...not enough water on Saturday ;) Not counting today's weigh-in though :)

Officially sitting exactly in the middle of my healthy BMI. Less than 5 pounds until my goal weight and I hope to hit it on June 20th!

Last week's weight: 125.8
    Current weight: 124.8
  • luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Slow but Steady for me :)

Start weight 3/24/2010 187

Current weight 5/24/2010 166.4

Good Luck Everyone :)
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Hey WLArmy, Jenn, & slimkitty...
    I'm finally back from DC and an emergency visit to West Texas to care for my mom & I'm ready to get back to my normal routine. ~ hooah_mj:bigsmile:
    Monday, May 24, 2010
    It’s been forever since I’ve posted my weight….travel.

Jenn I checked back and the last post I can locate was on 4/26, so if I’m on the right page that puts me at:
    SW: 170+
    LM: 150.4
    CW: 148.8

Yippie….held off the lbs! Broke thru my big blockade…….now under 150:tongue:
    Wow, can that possibly be?!

P.S. Jenn, if you found Longhorn Orange I'll take it!:laugh:
  • chgraham
    chgraham Posts: 122
    Options
    Current Weight = 187.5lbs
    Last Week = 189lbs
    Lost = 1.5lbs in the last week.
    Lost altogether = 9lbs :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    CW: 173.0.

I lost .8lbs last week!!! I can't believe that I ate as much as I did (birthday week) and still managed to lose. I guess moving burns more calories than I thought!

I'm not sure what this week's challenges will be, but personally I will be working on getting in more water, exercise & fruits/veggies. These are things I haven't mastered yet so I'm continuing with those.

Hope everyone has a great week!
    635580.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • metfanlisa
    metfanlisa Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... so I guess exercising has A LOT to do w/losing weight. Ugh.

Today's weigh in reflects the fact that I didn't get in my cardio this past week. But, armed with this knowledge motivates me to kick it in gear!

Today's weigh-in is 152.0lbs, up from last week-boo! :(

Here's to a new week! Good luck to all! :bigsmile:
  • jennmcpherson
    Options
    allislefttogain – Wow, so tell us, how does it feel to be so close to your goal? That’s so exciting! Congrats!
    luly727 – Once again welcome! Slow and steady is the best way to go, the highest success rates are with those who lost the weight at a slow and steady pace. You’re doing wonderful!
    hooah_mj – Happy to have you back, You’ll have to check out the orange I found and let me know if that is Longhorn Orange or not, if not let me know if it should be darker or lighter and we’ll go from there.
    chgraham – Great work on the loss this past week! Keep it up!
    melbhall – Loving the new photo, Wes and you look great! Once again happy birthday and hooray on losing this week!
    metfanlisa – I’m sorry to hear about your gain, great job on seeing where it might have happened and being able to smile and say “Here’s to a new week!” I know you can do it!

Well recruits, I’ve been in a funk for the last 2 weeks, boo. I did lose this week but it was only 0.3 pounds, I’m going to take that and smile seeing as I haven’t been very focused the last 2 days. I really believe that I would have had a great weigh-in this week if it wasn’t for my actions on Friday and Saturday. Oh well, live and learn right?!
    LW – 200.9
    CW – 200.6

So, the challenges for this week are. . . First off, I think it’s super important that we keep the water in there, that means AT LEAST 8 8 oz (250mL) glasses a day. Also, some form of exercise is right up there so we'll be keeping that one in here too, 30 minutes per day for a total of 210 minutes of exercise for the week but it doesn’t matter how you want to split it up, 60 minutes one day, 45 another, as long as at the end of the week you have 210 minutes (or more if that’s under you own personal goal). Well, three for three sound better than two for three so let’s keep up the 6 servings per day of fruits and veggies!

I wanted to add a fun challenge this week. A challenge that has nothing to do with getting healthy so much but not counter the healthy habits either. This week I want everyone to do one thing that they’ve never done before. It doesn’t have to be crazy and huge like sky diving, it can be anything. Lean the intro to one song on a guitar. Eat dinner by yourself in a restaurant. Go to a movie alone. Ask someone out, if you’re single, please no cheating on spouses for this challenge. You get the idea, so go out there and make your heart jump by trying something completely new to the norm and report back and let us know what it was and how it went!!
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    sw (for weight loss army) 156
    cw 155.6
    .....I'm just excited that the scale went in the right direction...baby steps here