How intimidiating do you think you are?

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Try me.

*poke with stick*

Where did you get that stick? Did you take my stick? Give it back and don't try to intimidate me!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    I have been told that i don't smile enough at work and that i often seem to have my ***** face on, which can be intimidating. I don't do it on purpose, but i'm particularly cranky in the morning.
    Other than that, no, not intimidating at all.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Fae's are quiet creatures, but lots of times silence is very intimidating to humans

I'm not intimidated by you. Every time I see a post by you, I think, prettyyyyyy :flowerforyou:

You so just got a BIG smile outta the Fae....*Tackles and loves*
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Me? Not at all. People start random convos with me everywhere, I don't think you start talking to someone you are scared of for sh*ts ans giggles, amiright?
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    I can hold my own.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Not very, i think. But sometimes I wonder. I'm one of the few people in the office that everyone calls Mr, instead of using my first name, even with others my age or older. o.O
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Well, one of my friends from High School, whom I met on the first day of our Freshman year because he was my partner for Biology class, said he was scared of me, at first. Not only have I always been on the tall side, but I'm also pretty quiet at first, so he didn't know what to make of me. Once we had time to get to know each other, that fear wore off.

Am I still intimidating? Nobody's said anything to me about it. But I haven't gotten any smaller, and my boots tend to add 1.5 to 2 inches. When I talk, my voice is in the low bass register. I tend to look just about anybody in the eye, which many feel is intimidating. This isn't helped by what I'm told is a piercing stare when I'm irritated or the way that I sometimes have to squint in this Florida sun. And I can't imagine years of exercise and military experience have done much to soften my appearance.

So I'd have to say I probably LOOK intimidating, and I can't help that much, but I try not to ACT that way.
  • jnichel
    Me? Not at all. People start random convos with me everywhere, I don't think you start talking to someone you are scared of for sh*ts ans giggles, amiright?

They probably just start talking to you in hopes that you'll give them their soul back.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Try me.

*poke with stick*

Where did you get that stick? Did you take my stick? Give it back and don't try to intimidate me!

calm your tts dumbledore..
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    i can be...depends on the situation
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Very. I am a weapon. Yeah, at 5'9", I think I'm pretty darn intimidating.

Really, I scare people. Only children see through the facade. :flowerforyou:
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Career wise, I am intimidating. I have to be. And apparently, I'm intimidating outside of my career, though it's not intentional.

I love MFP because I can act the way I want to, as a playful, self effacing and fun dork.

do you make alll the monies?

Money?! That's what I was doing wrong!
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    I've been told that I am a real hard-*kitten* and abrasive by people who don't know me. Those that do, call me a teddy bear.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    I've been told I look mean and intimidating, and I can be if there is more stupid in you than common sense. Otherwise, I'm as gentle and as loving as a hurricane married to a tornado giving birth to an earthquake....or a kitten. Pretty much the same thing, really.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Try me.

*poke with stick*

LMFAO @ dumbledore!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Not at all! I'm smiley and friendly and chat up anyone. I don't think anything about me says "RUN!" lol.
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    funny this came up last night.

I distinctly remember 3 different times in my life where someone has said "well maybe you are intimidating that person" or " you are pretty intimidating you know".

each time this has shocked me. The first time I believe I responded by saying "what?! how do i initimiate - do they think i'm going to sit on them?" (rude i know but i was in shock).

the second time it happened another person walked into the room while we were discussing my "initimidating nature" and i turned to him and said "am i intimidating?" in a way that as soon as I heard it I knew the answer.

honesty, i wish i felt as initimidating as i am perceived to be.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    People were terrified of my tiny *kitten* in high school. Don't know why, never really got in fights at school. But someone said something one day, rumors took off. People bought it. I reveled in it. In real life though, I have attacks of conscious if I have to kill a bug for my kids, no joke.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Very when it comes to certain things. I'm very self-opinionated and sometimes irrational, dead set in my ways.
  • jnichel
    Try me.

*poke with stick*

Okay. Have to admit. I'm a little scared now.