How intimidiating do you think you are?

Replies

• PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    I've been told I look very intimidating. When my Sister and I were in High School, her friends used to ask her why I look so pist off all the time. I'm not, I'm just quiet and don't walk around with a smile on my face for no reason.
  • I don't feel that I'm intimidating at all, but I have heard people say that I'm not that approachable. Sometimes I do look like I'm pissed off, but that's just my natural look. Lol
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    I'm 64 years old and I'm the cuddly earth-mother farm-wife type. I couldn't be intimidating unless I was holding a shotgun, and maybe not then. Not where people are concerned. On the other hand I can easily dominate a half-ton of muscle and explosive power ( I've had a few "come-to-jesus meetings"with reluctant equines, which invariably end with them seeing it my way.) With the dogs I'm unquestioned alpha b---h..
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Try me.

*poke with stick*

Where did you get that stick? Did you take my stick? Give it back and don't try to intimidate me!

calm your tts dumbledore..

Okay. Have to admit. I'm a little scared now.

:smokin:
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    People say I am. I can see it.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    People were terrified of my tiny *kitten* in high school. Don't know why, never really got in fights at school. But someone said something one day, rumors took off. People bought it. I reveled in it. In real life though, I have attacks of conscious if I have to kill a bug for my kids, no joke.

In your profile pic, I can easily envision you thinking of the best way to throttle the person you're looking at. :laugh:
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    I couldn't even get my children to worry when they were five, and god know I tried.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    I sound like I'm 12. Even my dogs aren't intimidated by me.
  • rtarpley
    rtarpley Posts: 24 Member
    I can be, but am trying to let my Spiritual Fruit shine.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Read something last week about women intimidiating a member on here.. and it got me to thinking. I wonder if I intimidate people?

So do you think you do?

Myself, unless I'm at work I think I'm about as intimidating as a hampster.

At work B*tch mode is activated(B*tch mode, I'm probably as intimidating as a cocker spaniel).

I was going to say something similar but say kitten instead of hampster.

In high school I guess I was sort of intimidating... I was really quiet and people would say it's always the quiet ones, or they'd make some "Carrie" reference. Now though... not so much. :tongue:
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    I can be if I'm in the right mood....but generally not so much.

No one is more intimidating than Fezik.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    my natural demeanor is to be a smartass so i dont think i can come across as intimidating though i have been told i am a large guy (not just weight wise) but i guess i am tall 6' and i have wide shoulders.

people do say i can be unapproachable but thats mostly cause i sit around the bar naked while doing the five knuckle shuffle
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    I am naturally intimidating. Being big and black does it alone, but once you add a high level of education to it, it's like the nail in the coffin. I often find myself having to lower myself to other's levels in order for them to feel less intimidated. To my friends, however, I'm one of the nicest, funniest, loyal, and trustworthy dudes they know.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Read something last week about women intimidiating a member on here.. and it got me to thinking. I wonder if I intimidate people?

So do you think you do?

Myself, unless I'm at work I think I'm about as intimidating as a hampster.

At work B*tch mode is activated(B*tch mode, I'm probably as intimidating as a cocker spaniel).

^^^ This is definitely my level of intimidation. Unless someone actually got the hamster to the point of biting. Apparently I can be a little nervous-making to a few of the younger kids at work. STRANGE! I certainly don't feel intimidating, just opinionated.
  • whitmars106
    whitmars106 Posts: 118 Member
    :noway: I don't think I am, but I've been told for as long as I can remember that I have an intimidating demeanor about myself. I think it's just insecurity though.
  • My fiancé tells me when he goes out all the old ladies grab their purses when he is near them in the shops because they think he's going to attack them lol.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Not at all. Kittens have more scaring power than me.

Those things have claws and huge teeth. That **** gets intimidating.

As for myself, I don't think I am most times because I'm super friendly to most people. But, even though I'm typically nice, there are those people who push me until I go off on them and then I can become quite intimidating, despite being only 5'3.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Only time I am intimidiating is when someone is messing with what belongs to me. This includes DH, family, friends and my home.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    I am told I am but I don't do it on purpose. I have a crazy sense of humor and just love seeing the reactions of others.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    nah.,