(To the ladies) Is it really for us? C'mon man........

Options
12345679»

Replies

• strippedandvital
    strippedandvital Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Men SAY they don't care... but then they pass over the girls who don't take that time/spend that money for the ones who do. Keep fibbing, we know you're shallow ;)

That being said, I've never dressed to impress anyone but myself & I pay for all of it myself. I like that my partner appreciates it, but I wouldn't do it if I didn't want to.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    LOL that's total BS. We dress to look good for us. She only says that cuz her man is a sucker and is buying her all that stuff. Sorry, from reading your post, it sounded like your buddy works to support "HER" spending habit. Whatevs. My spouse and I control our own money. We share when necessary, but otherwise, it's our own money. He talks smack about my spending sometimes, but it's MY M'fckn' $$$!!!! LOL
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Dude, it's for the other ladies, never for us... Where ya been? :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • normatus
    normatus Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I do it for him, which in essence is doing it for me, because when he notices, I get all warm and fuzzy inside.

Me too!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I think men do appreciate a woman who's dressed nicely and well-groomed, and most of the time they have no idea how much work goes into it. They just see the overall "pretty and pulled together", not that she's manicured, pedicured, waxed, shaved, plucked, make-upped, accessorized, moisturized, coiffed, perfumed, tooth-whitened, exfoliated, etc...each individual part just makes up the whole impression for them, and they do like it.

That being said, I know men couldn't be more clueless about designer items. A Prada handbag is purely for other women and for herself. :)
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Most men in my life don't even notice when I change hair color....so no....it's for ouself.

LOL! This!!!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Must chime in here...
    I have noticed woman and men checking me out a lot lately.
    I LOVE IT.
    If my hair is on top of my dome and im wearing a lazy outfit w/no makeup on or...
    If my hair is done, im rocking a sexy outfit and Im piercing someones soul with my great eye makeup.
    I used to spend a lot of money on makeup and clothes, shoes, handbags, facials..but now that Im more mature
    I find the sales, use makeup from Walmart and make some of my own clothes..
    Ive always supported myself, but If I met a great guy that wanted to buy me shizz, Id let him..
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i always try to do the best with what i have. we're skint, so i get my clothes in charity shops. but i try to look good for work- well, at least professional! i spend most of my time when i'm off work in gym clothes anyway.
    when i dress well i feel more motivated to do what i need to do- work clothes and a face of warpaint means my head is in that hard faced space. gym clothes mean that it's time to be gymming it!
    on the rare occassion that we get dressed up to go out, i do like to make an effort. but that's for me. it's nice if he notices, but to be fair he wouldn't notice a hand in front of his face unless it slapped him.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My husband would be pissed if I got all frumpy so yes, some of it is for him. Then it's for me. And the rest of the world :) (He better not get all frumpy either! I have sex with him)
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    at the risk of sounding like a complete snob, the outfits are for me...I get all dressed up to leave the house becuase I like being the girl that looks so put together that all other girls want to be like her...mwah ha ha, I do not always accomplish this, but I sure try and IF you can afford $150 outfit, why not??...BUT the lingerie, the makeup done at night when you really want to wash it off, the long hair kept down instead of putting it up into a pony tail...yeah, that's all for him!!
  • MbiggsHFD319
    MbiggsHFD319 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm a boots and jeans kinda gal and before I lost weight all my jeans came from Walmart and my boots well they were whatever was cheap and would fit my feet....but after I started losing my hubs bought me my 1st pair of brand name jeans and nice boots so I would look good for him.... Well I was hooked.
    I will admit that I dress the way I do because I am an attention *kitten*, but I also do it to look good for him, after all I am his trophy bride ( all-be-it the only thing I am for him most of the time) and a trophy's gotta shine....
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    When I look good, I feel good. So I do it for me. When he sees me looking and feeling good, he can't keep his hands off of me. So that's a little for both of us.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I'm single and make my own money, so the point is moot. I do it all for me.
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Eh it depends. I DO like to look nice for my fiance, but I don't go out and spend money to do that. I will fix my hair and put on makeup and wear something other than a band T shirt and jeans most of the time. So it CAN be for the guy, but sometimes I do it just to make myself feel good.

80% for my fiance

20% for me