Most ridiculous serving size?

Options

Replies

• SashPar5
    SashPar5 Posts: 4
    Options
    oreos - serving size is 2 cookies. WHO EATS JUST TWO OREOS!?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    oreos - serving size is 2 cookies. WHO EATS JUST TWO OREOS!?

Me :p
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    NOT ME!! I have to have three or don't bother. I used to have a serious addiction, but now I can go months without eating an oreo! After so long of eating healthy, they actually taste too sweet to me. But if I do have them, I have 3!
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    1 steak and egger sandwich. 78,000 calories.
  • SashPar5
    SashPar5 Posts: 4
    Options
    I don't even eat them. What a waste of calories..
    My husband will sit down and eat a whole row of them. Thats like 1000000 calories, yet he's still super skinny!
  • Francl27
    Options
    I don't even eat them. What a waste of calories..
    My husband will sit down and eat a whole row of them. Thats like 1000000 calories, yet he's still super skinny!

On 1200 calories, maybe. They fit fine in my 1600-1700 calorie diet though.
  • amatolauren
    amatolauren Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i used to eat a whole row of them but now i dont touch them . but when its that time of month the body will crave so i try to sub it for something else. but i still crave them and when i have them in my mouth all like a new world opens :(
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    1 can of tuna = 6 oz.

Serving size?

2 oz.

Huh?

Who eats 1/3 can of salmon?????
  • thinkpositive92
    thinkpositive92 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the huge hype over oreos?! They taste yuck!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    30g of cheese.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH 30g OF CHEESE IS? IT'S NOTHING.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    30g of cheese.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH 30g OF CHEESE IS? IT'S NOTHING.

30g is the bit you cut off because you've cut too big a bit for the recipe. And therefore it has no calories:wink: I so love cheese I had to get low fat cheese, as its fine for sandwiches and cooking but not sufficiently delicious to hack off a lump in passing:laugh:
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    A round cake at Publix which lists a serving as 1/9th of the cake! Who the heck can cut a ROUND cake into 9 slices? After thinking about it, I finally figured out they were using the portion size from their rectangular sheet cakes which you can easily cut 3x3 and thus have 9 slices. Apparently, someone was too lazy to recalculate the portion size for 1/8th instead of 1/9th.
  • glenmchale
    glenmchale Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    any serving suggestion/size of pringles (sorry if its already been mentioned) is just pointless, its all or nothing, same goes for jelly belly jelly beans
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Cereal! Who can eat 1/4 cup of cereal, really? I certainly can't! So I don't eat it much... when I eat it I need a giant bowl of it! HAHA
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    any serving suggestion/size of pringles (sorry if its already been mentioned) is just pointless, its all or nothing, same goes for jelly belly jelly beans

One tube = One serving size as far as I'm concerned. And I ain't talking snack size.
  • glenmchale
    glenmchale Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options

One tube = One serving size as far as I'm concerned. And I ain't talking snack size.

true dat
  • freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Cereal! Who can eat 1/4 cup of cereal, really? I certainly can't! So I don't eat it much... when I eat it I need a giant bowl of it! HAHA

Oh gosh yes THIS! When you finally get that scale and you're like YES I'm going to weigh this and log this, 1 serving is...

...and there's this sad spoonful of cereal and a splash of milk adrift in the big empty bowl.
    And you think hmm well there must be some mistake, maybe I didn't read it right.

But nah, that's what the cereal guys are trying to say, they probably don't believe that this is a reasonable portion for an adult any more than we do.

:grumble:
  • Francl27
    Options
    To be fair, only granola is 1/4 cup a serving. Normal cereal is 3/4 cup or 1 cup (although if you weigh it, it's often less than that).
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I eat Cheerios and using my scale to weigh out 28g is a WHOLE lot of cereal (to me at least) and much more than a "1 cup" serving. So maybe all these folks freaking out about cereal need to start actually weighing it or maybe I'm just weird in thinking that 28g is a huge serving.

The thread has been entirely entertaining to re-read though. Thus the necro.
  • Point202
    Point202 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking to read the original thread later. I'm reading at work and am cracking up so loud I'm embarrassing myself!

Related to this - Now that I'm measuring and counting, it is a daily affair for me to measure out one serving of something, see how small it is, and exclaim "no wonder I'm fat."