The "ugly" friend...

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Either my friends don't do this, or I am the ugly friend.....

I am the fattest of my friends right now, but I'm so cool nobody gives two sh!ts.

You are NOT ugly and you are awesome!
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    If it is really a thing, I believe I'm the ugly friend... or, should I say, the "fat" friend.

^ this
  • TheSteelerGirl
    Options
    I used to be the "fat" friend.. and it felt sooo good last Sat. when my "skinny" friends were jealous of me for now for being the skinny friend .. which made them the fat friends.. lol.. I know a bit confusing... but it was def a NSV for me :drinker:
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    If it is really a thing, I believe I'm the ugly friend... or, should I say, the "fat" friend.

Not....Possible....if you are than I have no hope

and yes it is real .... I have a very shallow male friend who accused me of doing this (keeping "ugly" friends to look better)

Edit to add: I didn't think they were ugly, I thought they were all pretty girls; I'm no longer friends with the particular 3 I'm thinking of because I had an issue with some of their scandalous behavior and didn't want associated with it
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    I surround myself with good looking people.

Wait.

Does that make ME the ugly friend??? :huh: :noway: :sad:
    This :frown: :cry:
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. You are being too hard on yourself.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Well I can see that I've been completely wrong about women being shallow LOL
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I was never good enough friends with people too be deemed this lol i was always the "lets try ti get her to go!" Friend or the "im not going to introduce you to my boyfriend." Friend whatever that means.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

STOP that!! You are drop dead gorgeous!!

I know I'm the ugly friend. I just hide it in humor. That makes me hott!!!

Thanks love :) You're fabulous. I've got a good 9" in height and 60lbs on all of my tiny *kitten* girlfriends *LOL*
    Options
    this is true....i was deemed the ugly friend by my now ex best friend....she brought me along and i was always going home alone...

but i can now say I am no longer the ugly friend!! :drinker:

that is terrible. Glad she is no longer your bff. You are definitely not ugly. You are pretty.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Still bitter?
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I know that I don't have any "ugly" friends. all of my friends are awsome. somedays I feel like the ugly friend though.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Well my friends are beautiful and I know I'm not ugly --- so no, none of this going on in my group of friends.
    There might be apeople with a particular personality type (manipulative, insecure, selfish) who does something like this, but it's certainly not the personality of anyone I would or could ever be friends with.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    All of my friends are guys.... Literally. All of them. So I don't do this. I can't stand hanging out with girls... they annoy me.

This is NOT, repeat NOT a personal attack but a general pet peeve of mine when I see/hear women say this. I USE to say this a lot when I was younger and felt threatened or insecure around other females. I got over my issues and now I can't imagine now having my girl friends. There are few that I'm really close with but their friendships bring so much more to the table than my friendships with my guy friends.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Seek help.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    My army of bishes are all hot. Yeah I'm not the ugly one either. I'm just the tad bit crazy one.
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Either my friends don't do this, or I am the ugly friend.....

I am the fattest of my friends right now, but I'm so cool nobody gives two sh!ts.

This.
    Options

if you read my post, I said it was NOTHING I agree with, but have heard of. I would NEVER choose my friends on how they make me look, but rather how good of people they are, are they fun, etc....
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    SOME (imo, very rarely) guys keep losers with them. It doesn't have to be ugly, just unsuccessful in general. They keep em around because his failure amuses them and once in a while when he's in a crutch if he asks them for a mediocre favor, doing that favor for him which typically wouldn't be a big deal, makes them feel a LOT better about themselves.

Sometimes guys keep these losers because he's the funny one in the group.

Its not a good feeling to be that "ugly" friend
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options
    I 100% can say that I would never be friends with anyone who did this. In most situations, I could be considered the "ugly" one in my circle of friends.....they don't keep me around because I "make them look better." We are as close as sisters, we love each other, and would do anything for one another. We are friends because we are compatible and truly enjoy each others' personalities, not because of any physical features.