The "ugly" friend...

Options

Replies

• twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    For me, (and I know this sounds so cliche) but I totally believe beauty comes from within and I like to surround myself with people who have beautiful souls and spirits. So, as far as physical appearance, honestly I don't pay much attention when I go out with my friends - I'm hanging out with them because of who they are even if others think they're very beautiful or very ugly. Trust me, I've met tons of physically beautiful people who were NOT beautiful on the inside and I don't make time for people like that.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I once dated a girl who legitimately practiced this. She said she had an "ugly friend" she'd take out with her so she would look better.

All I could think was, given the attractiveness of said girl I was dating, that other girl had to be reeeeeeal ugly!

she TOLD you this? How long did you date her?

Less than two months. She was very annoying.

Well, at least it was short lived :) *smooches*
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm the ugly friend! But I don't give a Flying F*$#, I'm ugly and I know it!!!! oh Yea I work out!

You're kidding, right?:huh:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I once dated a girl who legitimately practiced this. She said she had an "ugly friend" she'd take out with her so she would look better.

All I could think was, given the attractiveness of said girl I was dating, that other girl had to be reeeeeeal ugly!

I assume she did not tell you that upfront, though?
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    All of my friends are hot. Now having said that...there are times I feel intimidated and go on the quiet side, but then I have another drink and the moment passes! :drinker:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    If my friends thought that way, they would NOT be my friends.

We all have our flaws and our perfections.
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I know a girl through my sister that did shi* like this to her supposed "best friend"

One night they were out at a bar and the shallow chick was checking out this guy..... well this guy approached her friend, and they were hitting it off nicely.....

The shallow chick then went over to the guy's friends and asked them if he was blind and how could he go for her friend over her...... the shallow chick then proceeded to ditch her friend at the bar and left in a cab. When the friend went looking for her, the guys friends told her what her shallow friend said..... they stopped talking

What really irritates me is after a month of not talking the friend forgave her shallow friend and now they go out again.... some chicks never learn their lessons!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    My "Sissy" and I have been friends for almost 16yrs.
    In high school she always thought I was so pretty and I always thought SHE was the pretty one
    In our 20s our friendship continued to grow and we're very very close.
    At one point a couple years ago, she got up to 230lbs at 5'4".....I still thought she was beautfiul. I didn't even notice her weight. And vice versa. She didn't notice how much weight I had gained and still thought I looked beautiful.
    It wasn't until we had both gotten into fitness and down to the 140s, looking through old pics that we both gasped "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME I WAS FAT?!?!" LoL

THAT'S true friendship. They're beautiful and wonderful in your eyes no matter what.
    A person who keeps you around to make themselves feel better is not a friend unless it's because they genuinely make you happy.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've known most of my friends since we were in 7th grade. We're all hot, sexy biatches (at least in my eyes). They are also all married so I don't think this applies. I think I've passed the age where anyone would do this. Well, I certainly hope so.

For the record, MissK is my AWESOME friend, not my fat or ugly friend. She's a babe.

*blush* YOU are my rad as hell friend!!! And you're sexy.
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    I have a friend who is beautiful, but if at anytime we are out together if I get one look from anyone it ruins her night. She gets huffy and says they just look at you because your tall wtf to you wear heels anyways. It doesnt happen very often that I get the look because she curvy and Im built like a post lol but she can't stand to not be the center of attention always. But I love her anyways if I have a dead body to hide shes the girl I would call, lol
    Options
    I know a girl through my sister that did shi* like this to her supposed "best friend"

One night they were out at a bar and the shallow chick was checking out this guy..... well this guy approached her friend, and they were hitting it off nicely.....

The shallow chick then went over to the guy's friends and asked them if he was blind and how could he go for her friend over her...... the shallow chick then proceeded to ditch her friend at the bar and left in a cab. When the friend went looking for her, the guys friends told her what her shallow friend said..... they stopped talking

What really irritates me is after a month of not talking the friend forgave her shallow friend and now they go out again.... some chicks never learn their lessons!

oh. My! Karma will get her for being so ugly, even if she was pretty..... *tisk*
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If I had any friends, I'd pick good-looking ones to draw in the girls, then shoulder-hop them for the score with my wit and charm.
  • CP_9712
    CP_9712 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had a girl tell me that she can only be friends with attractive people and thats why we were friends. We stopped being friends after that. Its really weird to chose your friends based on how they look.
  • Pink_Pandas
    Options
    I really have no idea if guys do that..but I doubt its the "ugly" friend. I think it would more be like the "embarassing" friend -- it wouldn't even be about his looks I don't think. I think it would be about his sociability and masculinity. At least thats what I would assume! I don't own a penis nor have I ever been apart of a dude group (aside from my gay friends) so I really can't say I know.

However, I did used to think of myself as the "ugly" friend because I was heavier. I don't think so anymore. I think I'm a beautiful person. I have a hour glass figure, a nice face, and I'm a good, genuine person. I would never think of me or any of my good friends as the "ugly" one anymore. The only ugly friend would probably be the one that refers to people as the ugly friend. :P
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    Reading this thread, I realized I have no clue what goes on in the world. I didn't think anyone did this outside of that one mean girl in junior high we all knew.

I'm pretty certain my friends like me for me. Because I don't go out to clubs, etc, and I've been married for half my life, so I wouldn't make a good ugly distraction. Also, most of my friends are married too. Boring, I tell you; we're all completely boring.
    Options
    My "Sissy" and I have been friends for almost 16yrs.
    In high school she always thought I was so pretty and I always thought SHE was the pretty one
    In our 20s our friendship continued to grow and we're very very close.
    At one point a couple years ago, she got up to 230lbs at 5'4".....I still thought she was beautfiul. I didn't even notice her weight. And vice versa. She didn't notice how much weight I had gained and still thought I looked beautiful.
    It wasn't until we had both gotten into fitness and down to the 140s, looking through old pics that we both gasped "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME I WAS FAT?!?!" LoL

THAT'S true friendship. They're beautiful and wonderful in your eyes no matter what.
    A person who keeps you around to make themselves feel better is not a friend unless it's because they genuinely make you happy.

that story made my heart smile. :heart: :bigsmile:
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I think all my friends are beautiful, I could care less what others think of us.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

I assume she did not tell you that upfront, though?

Well not the first time I met her or anything. And I never did meet the ugly friend, that I remember anyway. No it just came up in conversation one day. It was reason #16 I didn't see things working out between us. And soon after that.. walking papers, lovely parting gifts, enjoy the home version of the game.
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I never thought about it until my ex-husband said my two best friends were way hotter than I was. Then I was super paranoid, but came to the conclusion that my friends were true friends. Ex-husband, as shown by the 'ex' was the 'ugly' person in that equation!

I'm glad he's an EX if he's going to tell you that your friends are hotter. *kitten*! (him)

He was a huge *kitten*, and that statement was the beginning of the end... Although strangely enough (or maybe not?), years later he ended up marrying one of those friends that was 'way hotter' than me. Guess he already had an idea of what he wanted instead of me!
  • Helenavee42
    Options
    I have seen it too many times. In hs i was the "ugly friend" or well the fat one. Now I have now friends. Meh *shrugs*