The "ugly" friend...

Options

Replies

• mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I think I used to be the "ugly" friend....I don't think I am anymore, but if I am, I don't give a s*** :drinker:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Well I can see that I've been completely wrong about women being shallow LOL

if you read my post, I said it was NOTHING I agree with, but have heard of. I would NEVER choose my friends on how they make me look, but rather how good of people they are, are they fun, etc....

Don't worry, you were perfectly clear; bitterness knows no logic :flowerforyou:
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I'm usually the "funny" friend...
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    In junior high school things like that happened.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    All of my friends are guys.... Literally. All of them. So I don't do this. I can't stand hanging out with girls... they annoy me.

This is NOT, repeat NOT a personal attack but a general pet peeve of mine when I see/hear women say this. I USE to say this a lot when I was younger and felt threatened or insecure around other females. I got over my issues and now I can't imagine now having my girl friends. There are few that I'm really close with but their friendships bring so much more to the table than my friendships with my guy friends.

I don't feel threatened or insecure around other females. I just can't relate to them as well as I can with guys. The stuff most girls talk about, I just don't like. I know that yes, there probably is a girl out there like me who hates shopping, talking about hair and stuff, likes video games and obscure asian horror movies... but for now, guys do that. So it's not an "insecure" thing at all, for me at least.

Also, about 7/10 of my friends are gay males. So I even get the only real girl talk I like with them... about other hot guys. Ha.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    All of my friends are guys.... Literally. All of them. So I don't do this. I can't stand hanging out with girls... they annoy me.

This is NOT, repeat NOT a personal attack but a general pet peeve of mine when I see/hear women say this. I USE to say this a lot when I was younger and felt threatened or insecure around other females. I got over my issues and now I can't imagine now having my girl friends. There are few that I'm really close with but their friendships bring so much more to the table than my friendships with my guy friends.

I get really annoyed when women say that too.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

if you read my post, I said it was NOTHING I agree with, but have heard of. I would NEVER choose my friends on how they make me look, but rather how good of people they are, are they fun, etc....

Don't worry, you were perfectly clear; bitterness knows no logic :flowerforyou:

Thanks, doll!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I had some 'friends' like that. They didn't like me losing weight and getting attention either. Not my 'friends' anymore. Through out this journey of binge eating disorder and recovering I've truly found who my friends are. The little circle I have now are awesome!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

Seek help.

^ Yep
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    All my friends are smokin' hot.

This.

This!
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Well I for one have guy friends mostly! And it's got nothing to do with me having issues with anyone! :) it's just that I've been lucky enough to find decent guy friends but hardly ever found decent female friends! I have a couple and they are my besties but that's it! Maybe it's cause I grew up with 7 boys at home I just can't stand for the female drama lol
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    ummm, gawd I hope I've never hung out with anyone who gives two sh*ts about this..but yeah, I think it is real...I have never been svelt, so maybe I'm the fat friend...but I base my friendships on humor...you could look like Christie Brinkley..if you aren't funny, you aren't going to be fun to hang with...My own bestie can make me laugh so hard I sound like a chimp in heat...and it certainly isn't pretty.

:flowerforyou:
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

Yea, I may not be friends with Puffy on here but see enough of her posts to know she's a doll and not that type.

You sir have posted many women-bashing posts and I'm sorry you had a rough time but it's time to get over it. Seek therapy if need be however blaming ALL for the actions of a few is ignorant to say the least.
    You've taken the steps to improve yourself physically now how about taking the steps to improve yourself mentally and emotionally. The victim card is old and overused.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I may be fat and ugly, but I'm the only one of my RL friends that is financially stable. I'm ****ing 50cent compared to them and waving around my stack in the club gets me all the *****es.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Well, I would say I am less attractive than most of my friends, but they are all gay for the most part. And I am awesome and opinionated, so girls at least will buy me drinks.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

I don't feel threatened or insecure around other females. I just can't relate to them as well as I can with guys. The stuff most girls talk about, I just don't like. I know that yes, there probably is a girl out there like me who hates shopping, talking about hair and stuff, likes video games and obscure asian horror movies... but for now, guys do that. So it's not an "insecure" thing at all, for me at least.

Also, about 7/10 of my friends are gay males. So I even get the only real girl talk I like with them... about other hot guys. Ha.

Some women like shopping, makeup, video games AND obscure asian horror flicks. It's not either/or, and it's really not helping you out any to rule out an entire sex of humans just because you don't think they're as unique and different as you.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Everyone is ugly compared to someone else, it's all relative.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Either my friends don't do this, or I am the ugly friend.....

I am the fattest of my friends right now, but I'm so cool nobody gives two sh!ts.

I think you're cool and NOT FAT!! :happy:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I had some 'friends' like that. They didn't like me losing weight and getting attention either. Not my 'friends' anymore. Through out this journey of binge eating disorder and recovering I've truly found who my friends are. The little circle I have now are awesome!

so it is for real? That's terrible. Sheesh... Glad you got real friends.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I have heard of this, but never seen/heard someone in RL say they do this!

It's messed up IMO. I am friends with those who I get on well with, whom I enjoying spending time with. Their attractiveness never comes into question!