breakfast...the most unhealthiest meal of the day..

Options

Replies

• chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    How does this make sense. Less than half the people in the US eat breakfast yet you are blaming breakfast for people being obese. So if 80% of people eat dinner then it must be dinners fault that people are obese. Lets cut dinner out then. Would go more towards your logic.

i am not blaming breakfast..I just quoted the stats...

Everyone says that breakfast is the most healthiest meal of the day. yet 2/3 of those eating breakfast are obese..I find this interesting...why is breakfast so "healthy" yet the people eating it are obese???

Please, please stop saying "most healthiest." It is a redundant statement. The word healthiest already means "most healthy," so there is no need to add an extra most in there. It's like nails on a chalkboard. Please and thank you. :flowerforyou:

really? This is grammar class now...my bad, I guess the two vodkas I had are impeding my typing...rolling eyes

stay on topic people..!

I do what I want.
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    How does this make sense. Less than half the people in the US eat breakfast yet you are blaming breakfast for people being obese. So if 80% of people eat dinner then it must be dinners fault that people are obese. Lets cut dinner out then. Would go more towards your logic.

i am not blaming breakfast..I just quoted the stats...

Everyone says that breakfast is the most healthiest meal of the day. yet 2/3 of those eating breakfast are obese..I find this interesting...why is breakfast so "healthy" yet the people eating it are obese???

Please, please stop saying "most healthiest." It is a redundant statement. The word healthiest already means "most healthy," so there is no need to add an extra most in there. It's like nails on a chalkboard. Please and thank you. :flowerforyou:

really? This is grammar class now...my bad, I guess the two vodkas I had are impeding my typing...rolling eyes

stay on topic people..!

So, breakfast: bad, vodka: good. Got it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Did you know that logging into MFP every day keeps you from being eaten by rabid wombats?

Seriously. I've logged in every day for 51 days, and ain't a wombat to be seen in my general vicinity.

Correlation =/= causation.

i thought ain't was not a word...?
  • earlswimsuit
    Options
    Ummmmmmm????? I don't think so...
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i hate eating breakfast, mainly because i'm terrible at waking up. BUT i make myself eat a small amount of cereal with nonfat milk, or a piece of toast/a crumpet with peanut butter, and it usually ends up round 200-250 cals and gives me a bit of energy - without it i'd never make it through a morning teaching
  • MariaHammer750
    MariaHammer750 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Its not breakfast per se thats the problem, its what choices you make with it - same with lunch, dinner, supper or any other meal
    [/quote]

EXACTLY
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    You lost me at "most unhealthiest."
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Did you know that logging into MFP every day keeps you from being eaten by rabid wombats?

Seriously. I've logged in every day for 51 days, and ain't a wombat to be seen in my general vicinity.

Please, stay on topic. Focus.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I just gave ya'll the stats that the government posts on the subject..so don't be getting all mad at me....
  • ndj1979
    Options

Please, stay on topic. Focus.

sorry I got distracted by wombats, ain't and 51 days of logging....

so breakfast sucks, right?
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options

You should really take something for that irony deficiency :).
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I just gave ya'll the stats that the government posts on the subject..so don't be getting all mad at me....

Citation, please.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

In this case, there isn't even a correlation. Just two unrelated statistics about the same population. It is like saying five children in this room have blond hair and five have black eyes, so all the blondes must have black eyes.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Wow.
  • Stavakoli
    Stavakoli Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You lost me at "most unhealthiest."

FINALLY someone points that out!
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm not convinced of this.

When I started in college, I gained a lot of weight the first semester and I certainly wasn't waking up early to get breakfast then. I didn't start losing the 'freshman 15' until I started getting my butt out of bed and down to the dining hall for breakfast every morning the 2nd semester. More often than not, my breakfast was a big plate of scrambled eggs with a couple of big glasses of water. That was the only major change in my lifestyle that semester, I didn't change what I ate the rest of the day and I didn't go to the gym and I certainly didn't get good sleep, all I did was make sure to have breakfast every day and the weight started coming off.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    Is this a troll topic? I really can't tell sometimes. You say "most of the people eating breakfast are obese." :noway: The absurdity of that statement makes me laugh. MOST? And because they eat breakfast? Although some companies do indeed advertise unhealthy breakfast products, it does not mean people have to choose to eat them. it's called having self control and eating healthy things. It's really not difficult. Is it difficult for you? I eat breakfast every single day because it gives me energy, but if you don't need it, good for you. I agree that you don't have to eat breakfast to lose weight, but to go on saying it's unhealthy to eat breakfast is extremely ignorant.

I'm not even going to ask about your "stats" because I know exactly where they came form already.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Citation, please.
    Source: USDA, Food and Agricultural Organization
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    The troll is strong in this one. At least pick a fun topic to piss people off about. This is just confusing to people starting out and looking for useful information.
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    i actually find breakfast is probably my most consistently good meal of the day - during the week i'm lookign for something quick so it's either cottage cheese or greek yogurt. If I need fiber i'll have a bowl of fiber1. If i'm out of those foods i'll just have a protein shake.

Junk tends to crop up later in the day - especially if there's pizza in the office or a buddy wants to go grab a burger