breakfast...the most unhealthiest meal of the day..

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    How does this make sense. Less than half the people in the US eat breakfast yet you are blaming breakfast for people being obese. So if 80% of people eat dinner then it must be dinners fault that people are obese. Lets cut dinner out then. Would go more towards your logic.

i am not blaming breakfast..I just quoted the stats...

Everyone says that breakfast is the most healthiest meal of the day. yet 2/3 of those eating breakfast are obese..I find this interesting...why is breakfast so "healthy" yet the people eating it are obese???

Please, please stop saying "most healthiest." It is a redundant statement. The word healthiest already means "most healthy," so there is no need to add an extra most in there. It's like nails on a chalkboard. Please and thank you. :flowerforyou:

really? This is grammar class now...my bad, I guess the two vodkas I had are impeding my typing...rolling eyes

stay on topic people..!

So, breakfast: bad, vodka: good. Got it.

vodka is always superior to breakfast
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I just gave ya'll the stats that the government posts on the subject..so don't be getting all mad at me....

Citation, please.
    Source: USDA, Food and Agricultural Organization

Stating general organization names is not citing anything.
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I just gave ya'll the stats that the government posts on the subject..so don't be getting all mad at me....

Citation, please.

CDC: More than one-third of U.S. adults (35.7%) are obese. Source: http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html

So unless the American obesity rate managed to double in six months....
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Citation, please.

I seriously doubt the USDA came to anything near the preposterous conclusion you have drawn. Provide credible links to this absurdity, please.
  • jendraka
    jendraka Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it being called "the healthiest" meal of the day, but I have heard it said for years that it is the "most important meal" of the day. Did you maybe get this mixed up?

why is it the most important?

Because you're breaking your fast. It doesn't necessarily matter if you eat at 6am or 11am or if you eat a breakfast type food, but it matters that you break the fast. It provides you with fuel for your day, kick starts your metabolism and body functions and keeps you from gnawing off your arm.

But yeah, breakfast has been deemed "most important" not "healthiest".
    ^^This. Enough said.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You wont catch me giving up my Vegemite toast for brekkie!
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    The troll is strong in this one. At least pick a fun topic to piss people off about. This is just confusing to people starting out and looking for useful information.

I think you're giving him too much credit here. That would imply that he knows the crap he's saying is wrong. I'm not so sure thats the case.
  • savbentley
    Options
    When you skip breakfast you're more likely to pig out later in the day. Dumb theory. Moving on.

ALSO, assuming you sleep like 8 hours a night your body should NOT go that long without food. Lets say you go to bed at 10pm and don't eat again until lunch time, noon. Please enlighten me on how that is good for your body/metabolism.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    vodka is always superior to breakfast

Edited to correct grammer: Vodka is always superior for breakfast.
  • KatjaO
    KatjaO Posts: 71
    Options
    Did you know that logging into MFP every day keeps you from being eaten by rabid wombats?

Seriously. I've logged in every day for 51 days, and ain't a wombat to be seen in my general vicinity.

Correlation =/= causation.

I will add that even a short under a month on MFP helps protect from rabid wombats! It MUST be true!
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    most people eat breakfast and most people have credit card debt, so eating breakfast causes u to have bad credit. so to solve the national debt obama just has to skip breakfast. lol
  • ndj1979
    Options
    When you skip breakfast you're more likely to pig out later in the day. Dumb theory. Moving on.

I don't have any problem later in the day..my largest meal is post work out and I am good to go ...

Plenty of IF'ers have no problem with this ..

so your statement is wrong on numerous levels.
  • KristineW78
    KristineW78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I only eat it if I am hungry. When I do, it's got protein or veggies. I don't go to McDonalds! *lol*
  • ndj1979
    Options
    most people eat breakfast and most people have credit card debt, so eating breakfast causes u to have bad credit. so to solve the national debt obama just has to skip breakfast. lol

holy **** call congress we just solved the debt problem?

If we cut breakfast by 50% we will cut the national debt by 50% too....brilliant!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I dont think obesity and eating breakfast are directly linked - as in stop eating breakfast and you wont be fat - obviously eating 5 burgers for breakfast is not a good idea - but something sensible like 2 pieces of wholemeal toast with low fat topping or fruit and yogurt or bowl of non sugared cereal is fine.

Not eating breakfast does lead to concentration lags during the morning and for some people mid morning binges.

People like diabetics on medication must eat breakfast to avoid hypos.

I dont think your theory is very sound.

why not? Everyone says that breakfast is the most "healthiest meal" of the day. But most of the people eating breakfast are obese. You know who is selling that breakfast is the healthiest meal line...the companies that are selling you breakfast - Kellogg's, quaker, etc etc...so OF COURSE they want you to think breakfast is healthy so you will keep buying their crap....

Nobody says it's the 'healthiest' meal of the day. It is said to be the 'most important' meal of the day. That's an enormous difference. After fasting from late evening until morning, usually around 8,9, or 10 hours...it is time for the body and brain to have fuel. That's important. Now, some people don't like eating breakfast. That's their own thing. But eating a healthy breakfast is not going to cause obesity.

Lots of people eat breakfast. Lots of people are fat. Therefore breakfast causes fat. ...There's some logic missing.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    If the definition of breakfast is "food which breaks a fast", presumably at the end of a night of sleeping, but perhaps not, then the first food you eat, no matter what time of day....IS Breakfast. So, OP, you Do eat breakfast...you are only calling it something else because it's later in the day and not typical breakfast food.

I can't cite a source but remember reading a report that said "dieters" (meaning people trying to lose weight) are more successful if they eat breakfast. The ones who skipped breakfast tended to overeat and even binge later in the day. Which is probably why they would say, "But I'm not hungry in the morning."
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I dont think obesity and eating breakfast are directly linked - as in stop eating breakfast and you wont be fat - obviously eating 5 burgers for breakfast is not a good idea - but something sensible like 2 pieces of wholemeal toast with low fat topping or fruit and yogurt or bowl of non sugared cereal is fine.

Not eating breakfast does lead to concentration lags during the morning and for some people mid morning binges.

People like diabetics on medication must eat breakfast to avoid hypos.

I dont think your theory is very sound.

why not? Everyone says that breakfast is the most "healthiest meal" of the day. But most of the people eating breakfast are obese. You know who is selling that breakfast is the healthiest meal line...the companies that are selling you breakfast - Kellogg's, quaker, etc etc...so OF COURSE they want you to think breakfast is healthy so you will keep buying their crap....

Nobody says it's the 'healthiest' meal of the day. It is said to be the 'most important' meal of the day. That's an enormous difference. After fasting from late evening until morning, usually around 8,9, or 10 hours...it is time for the body and brain to have fuel. That's important. Now, some people don't like eating breakfast. That's their own thing. But eating a healthy breakfast is not going to cause obesity.

Lots of people eat breakfast. Lots of people are fat. Therefore breakfast causes fat. ...There's some logic missing.

again wrong....eating breakfast has nothing to do with metabolism...
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Mmmm... Pop-Tarts!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Mmmm... Pop-Tarts!

this is exactly what I am talking about!
  • savbentley
    Options

I don't have any problem later in the day..my largest meal is post work out and I am good to go ...

Plenty of IF'ers have no problem with this ..

so your statement is wrong on numerous levels.

Too lazy to continue any argument that starts with "the most unhealthiest".