Your 15 Minutes are Up...

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm not proud of this, but... Rush Limbaugh.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I waved at Princess Diana as she rolled by in a procession in my hometown.

I watched as my classmates mobbed the stage at our school when Peter Andre performed.

And I hugged one of my favorite rappers, Spose, last year at Hell's Kitchen.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    I've been blessed to meet quite a few famous athletes, music artists and actors/actresses but think the most famous would be Will Smith. He was in town for his movie premier of "The Pursuit of Happyness" and we were covering the event.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I worked for 3 years, and sat and had intelligent conversation at lunch countless times with the father of the frontman for a band called Godsmack....

I also went to high school with the (just for the commercial) balled guy in the newer pistachio commercial. He also got punked by J-lo and Ellen Degeneres on her show a while back when J-Lo posed as looking for a personal assistant. The video can be found on youtube. His name is Scott Ruggles. He's an awesome guy.
  • highheeldiva01
    highheeldiva01 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I've been blessed to meet quite a few famous athletes, music artists and actors/actresses but think the most famous would be Will Smith. He was in town for his movie premier of "The Pursuit of Happyness" and we were covering the event.

Will SMITH AWESOME!!!!!
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    there have been a few...

was a University of Michigan athletics tutor when i was there in the 90's... so that covers Desmond Howard, Chris Webber, Jalen Rose, Elvis Grbac, and Tom Brady (who it was fun to run into later when i was working in Boston & we had dinner)...

more UM - Darren Chris (Glee) - when he was trying to get some of us incredibly drunk alumni to leave our tailgate and see Harry & The Potters...

in London - Val Kilmer... met in a bar... talked poetry for a while... still love him a little... :love:
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Hall of fame Defensive end Charles Haley: sat next to him and his wife at a movie

Tony Dorsett: hanging out at Cowboys sports bar

Matt Leblanc at a spa in Clearwater Florida. Had him say "how you doin" to my girlfriend at the time. lol

and this past weekend....Barry Williams aka Greg Brady...doing a guest appearance at a show in Branson and he hung out in the lobby afterwards and talked. Man, he's looking old. lol

306253_543055905726214_939346923_n.jpg
  • AltaicaTigre
    AltaicaTigre Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Those videos that start off doing what you looked for and then switch to a zombie or scary something or another popping up on the screen. Not scary, and overdone... buh bye now lol
  • IamNhappy
    IamNhappy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Whitney Houston,- we were going thru security at the airport in Frankfurt, Germany.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Vertical Horizon, Tim Seeley, and the guys who do Piccolo and Trunk's voices on DBZ.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I don't pay too much attention to celebrities. We've had two come into our store... both times I had NO IDEA.

BUT this one time one of the members of Glass Tiger came in. I was freaking out. Recognized HIM immediately. I was all: AAAHHHH! Flirted my butt of and when he left I was gushing to my coworkers and they were like: "Who?"

*glowers at coworkers*

They can recognize some contestant from some stupid reality show but they can't recognize a freaking Canadian musician. *shaking my head* So disappointing.

I LOVED Glass Tiger in the 80s!!

Just remembered that I met The Rembrandts, too. :)

And Seth MacFarlane bought my friend and me each a drink once.

(I used to live in Hollywood, BTW, so I've seen but not met countless other celebrities. My husband has also met Colin Farrell and has worked on numerous celebrity homes, including Barbra Streisand's)
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Elijah Wood.

My sister and some friends and I went to the Laugh Factory in Cali on the night of her bachelorette party, and made her wear a ridiculous outfit to get put in the front row so the comedians would tease her. (Which they did.) When it was over, we discovered Elijah Wood had been there when he came up and congratulated my sister on her upcoming wedding and gave us all hugs. :) Such a nice guy, and not at all short. ;)
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    David Hasselhoff - he gave the eulogy at a funeral I attended.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Hmmm if going to high school with Taylor Hall (the NHL player) counts..
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I don't pay too much attention to celebrities. We've had two come into our store... both times I had NO IDEA.

BUT this one time one of the members of Glass Tiger came in. I was freaking out. Recognized HIM immediately. I was all: AAAHHHH! Flirted my butt of and when he left I was gushing to my coworkers and they were like: "Who?"

*glowers at coworkers*

They can recognize some contestant from some stupid reality show but they can't recognize a freaking Canadian musician. *shaking my head* So disappointing.

I LOVED Glass Tiger in the 80s!!

Just remembered that I met The Rembrandts, too. :)

And Seth MacFarlane bought my friend and me each a drink once.

(I used to live in Hollywood, BTW, so I've seen but not met countless other celebrities. My husband has also met Colin Farrell and has worked on numerous celebrity homes, including Barbra Streisand's)

Glass Tiger <3!!!! :D

The mere fact that they were in MY town says they've hit rock bottom but whatever. I still love them.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I have never met anyone famous, because no one ever comes to my city except for concerts. (Justin Beiber came a while back and half the city shat bricks :noway:).

However, my uncle almost got shot down as a kid because he ran up to the queen of England and touched her. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I havent met any super famous stars but I did run around with Jaret from Bowling For Soup, we lived in Denton TX together before he was famous. I also briefly dated a well known radio DJ from Dallas Tx ( I wont name him lol)

Russ Martin? :p

lol no, but it was the same radio station :wink:
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I used to work as a talk show host for a small market AM news/talk radio station and occaisonally did "celebrity" interviews. Singer Janis Ian, Eric Burdon of the Animals, Denny Hastert when he was Speaker of the House, author Arthur Golden, (Memoirs of a Geisha) and Food Network host, Sandra Lee.

I met Bob Schieffer at a party and was able to chat with him for quite a while about broadcast journalism. That was pretty cool.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    I spoke with the Dixie Chicks on the radio...........does that count?
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Kevin McCale former Boston Celtic also multiple Indiana Pacers players and Minnesota Timberwolves.
    The choir I traveled with in college sang the National Anthem for a Pacers/Timberwolves game in '96.

ALSO long distance dated Ed Smith former Atlanta Falcon Tight End. He also played in the short lived ( one season) XFL