Broscience

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Ummm, excuse me, why can't it be SISscience?!

Because girls don't even lift.

My purse is *heavy*
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Blah blah blah...

So is someone going to tell me how to get HYOOOOGE and RIPPED or not???

GOMAD + Starting Strength until you plateau, then move onto 5/3/1 triumvirate. After 1 year, start cutting eating about 1g protein per lb of bodyweight. In a few months you willl be both HYOOOOOGE and RIPPED.

I thought 5/3/1 was ideal for strength, not hypertrophy.

At least that's what some of my meathead friends have told me. (Dammit! Broscience has led me astray once again.)

jof, you're just too old to build muscle...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Blah blah blah...

GOMAD + Starting Strength until you plateau, then move onto 5/3/1 triumvirate. After 1 year, start cutting eating about 1g protein per lb of bodyweight. In a few months you willl be both HYOOOOOGE and RIPPED.

At least that's what some of my meathead friends have told me. (Dammit! Broscience has led me astray once again.)

If you haven't noticed, strong people are also HYOOOOGE!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member

Bishscience?

No no, that is the science of discussing their TOM.

It's HOscience: low weights, high reps and you can make your muscles longer!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Blah blah blah...

Just wait a bit, jonny will tell you what's worked for him.

laughing_zps4f65dfa7.gif
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member

Bishscience?

No no, that is the science of discussing their TOM.

I hear that can give you a slim dancers body!!
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member

5/3/1 can be accessorized with hypertrophy work after the main lifts to turn it into a "power bodybuilding" routine. The program itself is very flexible.

That said, the triumvirate template is probably somewhat lacking in exercises that someone with a 'bodybuilding' goal would want to do (lack of any direct rear+medial delt/calves/arms/ab work).
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member

lingerielift_zps09065671.png
  • 1ConcreteGirl

Be more specific. We don't want the poppin' booty of a go-go dancer or a hip hop dancer. Those are achieved by undulating movements with the hips, which does not promote muscle lengthening.
  • whierd

Be more specific. We don't want the poppin' booty of a go-go dancer or a hip hop dancer. Those are achieved by undulating movements with the hips, which does not promote muscle lengthening.

Pssh, you already have one of those. Clearly you're not doing it right.
  • whierd

lingerielift_zps09065671.png

:laugh: :laugh:
  • 1ConcreteGirl

My purse is *heavy*

That might be true, but you should be carrying two purses so make sure that your muscles develop in a symmetrical manner.
  • Ummm, excuse me, why can't it be SISscience?!

I would argue that SISscience is a completely different problem lol. Involving vegan diets, pilates and yoga.
  • I thought 5/3/1 was ideal for strength, not hypertrophy.

5/3/1 can be accessorized with hypertrophy work after the main lifts to turn it into a "power bodybuilding" routine. The program itself is very flexible.

That said, the triumvirate template is probably somewhat lacking in exercises that someone with a 'bodybuilding' goal would want to do (lack of any direct rear+medial delt/calves/arms/ab work).

That's arguable; however, and goes back to budgeting your exercises properly. I.E. It is always better to press overhead than to do lateral/posterior delt raises when hypertrophy is the goal. It may not develop a perfectly symmetrical "cannonball" set of delts but unless you are a competitive bodybuilder who already has loads of muscle mass that isn't necessary.
  • 1. If you think that's all you are eating when you chow down at Taco Bell, you truly are a fool

Beef, Water, Seasoning [Cellulose, Chili Pepper, Onion Powder, Salt, Oats (Contains Wheat), Maltodextrin (Corn, Potato, Tapioca), Soy Lecithin, Tomato Powder, Sugar, Soybean Oil, Sea Salt, Yeast Extract (Contains Gluten), Spices, Garlic Powder, Citric Acid, Caramel Color, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Potassium Chloride, Cocoa Powder Processed with Alkali, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Trehalose, Modified Corn Starch, Inactivated Yeast, Lactic Acid, Torula Yeast, Natural Smoke Flavor], Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Less Than 2% Beef Broth, Potassium Phosphate, Potassium Lactate. CONTAINS: SOYBEANS, WHEAT

Which one of these ingredients is the one that is destroying my body?

Soybeans to begin with. You like high estrogen? Eat GMO soy :)

And any "xyz flavor" or "xyz color" and you have another ingredient that is not good for you. Unless they specify the source i.e. "Red coloring made from rose petal extract"

So caramel color and a half gram of soybean oil are destroying my body?

Good question. It depends how much of that stuff you eat. And for starters, no where does it specify the amount. So you trying to claim a half gram is cause for concern on your bias. It may be only a tenth of a gram. On the flip side, it may be 10 grams. You never know. And if you have one serving of that vs. having more than one serving of course affects the amount that you are consuming. It's all relative to how much you eat and your existing predispositions. It is no secret that overly processed foods like fast food is a cause of denaturing of collagen in the body... essentially this leads to cellulite.

Choosing healthy alternatives over quick and easy ones is a huge dilemma that we face in today's society. Recently I gave a talk on eating healthy for a group of students and their parents. One of their questions was why should they have brown rice over white rice. My reply was that brown rice is a little lower on the glycemic index, so it doesn't cause as much of a raise of sugar in the bloodstream. It's about making healthier choices over other choices. Things add up and can have varying effects on the body. I'd rather err on the side of caution than to err on the side of not caring what I put in my body.
  • jonnythan
    1. If you think that's all you are eating when you chow down at Taco Bell, you truly are a fool

Beef, Water, Seasoning [Cellulose, Chili Pepper, Onion Powder, Salt, Oats (Contains Wheat), Maltodextrin (Corn, Potato, Tapioca), Soy Lecithin, Tomato Powder, Sugar, Soybean Oil, Sea Salt, Yeast Extract (Contains Gluten), Spices, Garlic Powder, Citric Acid, Caramel Color, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Potassium Chloride, Cocoa Powder Processed with Alkali, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Trehalose, Modified Corn Starch, Inactivated Yeast, Lactic Acid, Torula Yeast, Natural Smoke Flavor], Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Less Than 2% Beef Broth, Potassium Phosphate, Potassium Lactate. CONTAINS: SOYBEANS, WHEAT

And any "xyz flavor" or "xyz color" and you have another ingredient that is not good for you. Unless they specify the source i.e. "Red coloring made from rose petal extract"

Good question. It depends how much of that stuff you eat. And for starters, no where does it specify the amount. So you trying to claim a half gram is cause for concern on your bias. It may be only a tenth of a gram. On the flip side, it may be 10 grams. You never know. And if you have one serving of that vs. having more than one serving of course affects the amount that you are consuming. It's all relative to how much you eat and your existing predispositions. It is no secret that overly processed foods like fast food is a cause of denaturing of collagen in the body... essentially this leads to cellulite.

Choosing healthy alternatives over quick and easy ones is a huge dilemma that we face in today's society. Recently I gave a talk on eating healthy for a group of students and their parents. One of their questions was why should they have brown rice over white rice. My reply was that brown rice is a little lower on the glycemic index, so it doesn't cause as much of a raise of sugar in the bloodstream. It's about making healthier choices over other choices. Things add up and can have varying effects on the body. I'd rather err on the side of caution than to err on the side of not caring what I put in my body.

Can't be 10 grams because there's only 8 grams of fat in the whole thing, and that includes all the ground beef.

Which part of the taco, specifically, denatures collagen and leads to cellulite? What about the grilled chicken salad from McDonald's? Which part of that is destroying my body?
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    1. If you think that's all you are eating when you chow down at Taco Bell, you truly are a fool

Can't be 10 grams because there's only 8 grams of fat in the whole thing, and that includes all the ground beef.

Which part of the taco, specifically, denatures collagen and leads to cellulite? What about the grilled chicken salad from McDonald's? Which part of that is destroying my body?

youre still posting on this thread? :noway:
  • jonnythan

youre still posting on this thread? :noway:

Sadly, there is no end to the broscience on the internet ;)
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'd watch Bro Science if it was a show on the Science Channel.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXO2azb3_PE

"Brotege", LMAO.

It was worth watching for that word alone.

I'm sitting in class right now watching the BroScience channel on Youtube and I am about to "loose" it! That is hilarious!
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    4c6fc261.jpg