Could I wear this dress to a friend's wedding?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Rule of thumb: if you have to ask (especially a message board), then the answer is NO!

You are to look presentable and nice at a wedding, dressing appropriately for the setting/climate/level of formality... but it is never a day to wear a statement dress, unless you are the bride.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    It's a beautiful dress, but unfortunately that colour is not suitable for a wedding. :flowerforyou:
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I haven't read all the replies, but I do agree - too close to looking bridal - but WHAT A GORGEOUS dress! Buy it just because you love it, somewhere someday you will find somewhere to wear it!!

The one you chose was gorgeous too, very different, lovely detail on both of them. :smile:

My daughter got her bridesmaid dresses at Etsy - http://au.etsy.com/
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I just bought the above orange and lilac lace dress for $270 at one place that still had it. At least that is an every day dress I can use for going out on the town or for brunch in the summer. With fancy earrings and shoes is OK for an afternoon wedding if I don't find anything better.

With a belt similar to the one on the yellow/beige dress, and great shoes/accessories ... That dress would be suitable for the evening. With more subtle accessories it can be fine for both weddings.
  • mylee69
    mylee69 Posts: 15
    Options
    jen jen house on line ships all over and can custom make to your measurements, my daughters bridesmaid dresses are $160 each custom made. they also do mother of the bride etc and shoes too.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I received the lace dress I ordered:

b39711fd-e6bf-4b13-9c14-b45c68483e11.jpg?t=1363629324

4500a850-d724-4fef-95a0-d4b0b00fff80.jpg?t=1363628910

It is hard to capture the color at that lighting angle (where the mirror is), so here are some close ups of the dress:

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

That is the color it actually is.

I guess this will have to do for the daytime wedding. I just need some killer shoes and accessories.
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    I received the lace dress I ordered:

b39711fd-e6bf-4b13-9c14-b45c68483e11.jpg?t=1363629324

4500a850-d724-4fef-95a0-d4b0b00fff80.jpg?t=1363628910

It is hard to capture the color at that lighting angle (where the mirror is), so here are some close ups of the dress:

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

That is the color it actually is.

I guess this will have to do for the daytime wedding. I just need some killer shoes and accessories.
    It looks better on you then the model!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Funnily enough, when I was deliberating on what to wear to my friend's wedding coming up in April, I thought of this thread. I have a black and white patterned (almost paisley) short cocktail-style dress, and I texted the bride to be asking if she would be bothered by someone else having white on their dress, and if so I would happily choose another.

She responded, "Haha, do you really think I'd be that kind of girl? As long as it's not a big poofy wedding dress it should be fine" :laugh:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Funnily enough, when I was deliberating on what to wear to my friend's wedding coming up in April, I thought of this thread. I have a black and white patterned (almost paisley) short cocktail-style dress, and I texted the bride to be asking if she would be bothered by someone else having white on their dress, and if so I would happily choose another.

She responded, "Haha, do you really think I'd be that kind of girl? As long as it's not a big poofy wedding dress it should be fine" :laugh:

The dress I wore to my sister-in-laws wedding was also black and white patterned like that. My brother-in-law has a wedding coming up and I imagine I may get a white dress that has flowers on it. Of course, it's fine to wear a dress with white in it (no one is that crazy). Just not cool to wear a wedding dress that is white and elegant with gold trimming (which is in style now for wedding dresses. I don't think people generally wear poofy ones these days). But, honestly what dress I wear to a wedding is at the absolute bottom of my priorities and worries right now.

That's a beautiful choice, OP (the one you ordered with the orange/red and the light pink over top).
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    It is beautiful, but a little to bridal.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Could you get it in a different color, I think it'd prob be ok if you could get it in a green or a yellow or something other than ivory. But if not then would go for another option. Is kinda close to bridal looking.