Join me in a round of P90X beginning 4/26/10

Options

Replies

• sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Great workout today - Legs & Back !! Ab Ripper was tough on me though! I may try AR-X again tonight, as I didn't get through the whole thing & I really had a tough time getting through the part that I did do. We'll see! :wink: :tongue: :laugh:
    I tried doing ARX after Legs & Back last time and only made it a couple minutes. Legs & Back wears me out!

Thanks for saying that!! It's good to know that I'm not alone! I was really wondering what was wrong with me!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Thanks pjilly! I am realizing that I need to just buckle down and log everything again! Planning and logging got lost over the last few months. I really appreciate your input!:flowerforyou:
  • MegKacz
    MegKacz Posts: 57
    Options
    Hey ladies! Nice job on making the time to get those workouts in!

I'm finishing up Week 4 which is "recovery week". Core Synergistics is tough! I like it though, because it works everything basically. I also went for a 4.5 mile run yesterday (good stress reliever). I have yoga tonight which will feel nice on my tight muscles.

For nutrition, I am not following the P90x diet but I did up my protein and cut back on carbs (I was wayyyyyy high on carbs). It seems to be working for me. I also found that I wasn't eating ENOUGH so make sure you are fueling your body!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I think I definitely wasn't eating enough in the beginning--which helped fuel my de-railment. I am good at getting way too many carbs too which is definitely one of my problems. Thanks for the input.
  • annalisa85
    annalisa85 Posts: 41
    Options
    Cardio today was great! Still have a run this afternoon and hoping it doesn't rain the whole time. Hope everyone has a great workout today!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    Whew, I made it through Plyo. It gets easier in some ways, but my energy level today wasn't quite where it usually is. I think it's because I worked out a little later than usual (darned work anyway interfering with my workouts) and if there's ever a workout where you need your energy, it's Plyo!

On that note, I am going to go eat a nice lunch. See ya!
  • ilovehkn
    ilovehkn Posts: 57
    Options
    I was supposed to do Kenpo tonight. I did Cardio x instead. I just don't feel like I am working hard enough with Kenpo. Some people really love it. Do you think that Cardio X is a good substitute, or I am sabotaging my workout?? Thanks guys!!

XOXO
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Besides Plyo I burn the most calories with Kenpo. Do you really work it during the video? Really throwing the punches with force without over-extending your arms? However how you feel with Kenpo is how I feel with Yoga. I find the Yoga a complete waste of time lol
  • ilovehkn
    Options
    Besides Plyo I burn the most calories with Kenpo. Do you really work it during the video? Really throwing the punches with force without over-extending your arms? However how you feel with Kenpo is how I feel with Yoga. I find the Yoga a complete waste of time lol

I feel like I "work it" lol. Maybe I am just spoiled because I want to be dripping with sweat and almost dead to feel like I got a workout, maybe that is not the way to be. I will try to really get into it next time, and see if I can not make it work for me. Thanks for the reply :)
  • dmdinfla
    dmdinfla Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Posted this on my other P90x topic page...In case you're not on Facebook, Tony posted his second (of 5) videos on the P90x FB page. Here's the link: http://www.wesh.com/health/23291685/detail.html You can watch the two available posted videos there.
  • mindanm
    mindanm Posts: 1
    Options
    I just finished my third time doing the killer abs in 350 moves or less lol. The first time I did it I felt really old as I was hurting for a few days after. I do have a question though.. why is that part of the exercise not counted on the calories lost portion of myfitnesspal? I am in like flynn with all you p90x'ers! Lovin it and wanting to be see results ;) Good luck everyone!!!
  • mommyhof3
    Options
    Skipped Yoga and did advanced Pilates instead. One day I may enjoy Yoga. Right now any exercise I have to force myself to do is not a good one. I coach baseball tonight and I will run on my elliptical too. Hope you all have a good workout today :smile:
  • PJilly
    Options
    I was supposed to do Kenpo tonight. I did Cardio x instead. I just don't feel like I am working hard enough with Kenpo. Some people really love it. Do you think that Cardio X is a good substitute, or I am sabotaging my workout?? Thanks guys!!

XOXO
    I think Kenpo is intended to give your muscles a little bit of a break while still getting your blood pumping. I feel like it's a pretty easy workout, but I also think it feels really good, so I enjoy it.
  • annalisa85
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms with Abs today. I ran a mile before working out just to warm up some. I enjoy the shoulders and arms workout but still feel really inadequate when it comes to the Ab workout. I'm lucky if I can do 10 reps on some of the moves! I don't know if I'm just really weak or if I'm not trying enough...its really frustrating. I know I should be satisfied with what I can do now and just keep pushing myself for more. :smile:
  • ilovehkn
    Options

XOXO
    I think Kenpo is intended to give your muscles a little bit of a break while still getting your blood pumping. I feel like it's a pretty easy workout, but I also think it feels really good, so I enjoy it.

That is probably true. I didn't think of it that way. I try to overdo it sometimes.
    Thanks,
    Emily
  • mommyhof3
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms with Abs today. I ran a mile before working out just to warm up some. I enjoy the shoulders and arms workout but still feel really inadequate when it comes to the Ab workout. I'm lucky if I can do 10 reps on some of the moves! I don't know if I'm just really weak or if I'm not trying enough...its really frustrating. I know I should be satisfied with what I can do now and just keep pushing myself for more. :smile:

I think it was by week 3 I was able to do the leg climbs with some effort lol I was so excited. Keep trying and it will get easier
  • PJilly
    Options
    The abs will get easier, I promise. It's just a matter of building the strength in the muscles he has you using. I can do Ab Ripper X no problem, but I'd probably practically die if I tried to run a mile to warm up!
  • annalisa85
    Options
    The abs will get easier, I promise. It's just a matter of building the strength in the muscles he has you using. I can do Ab Ripper X no problem, but I'd probably practically die if I tried to run a mile to warm up!

LOL The mile is the easy part for me! I may try and switch it up on friday and do the ab workout first then legs and see if I want to run afterward (on leg day I'm ususally walking but this week got screwed up).

Thanks for the encouragement and input! It really helps!
  • mommyhof3
    Options
    Woke up feeling not quite right. Did 49 min of Legs and Back and finally shut it off as I felt sick. If I feel better later on I will do Ab Ripper but if not I won't be upset about it. I think some days you need a rest and I have been going hard for so long one day wont kill me. I still burned 299 calories with Legs and Back. Hope you all have a good workout today :smile:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Woke up feeling not quite right. Did 49 min of Legs and Back and finally shut it off as I felt sick. If I feel better later on I will do Ab Ripper but if not I won't be upset about it. I think some days you need a rest and I have been going hard for so long one day wont kill me. I still burned 299 calories with Legs and Back. Hope you all have a good workout today :smile:
    I hope you feel better soon! I think that's smart to listen to your body and not push it when you feel a little bit off. That's so much better than overdoing it and risking an injury or making yourself more sick if you're coming down with something.

Today is Yoga for me. I'll probably do it pretty soon, as I have a lot I want to get done today. I want to give both our dogs baths and then groom them as much as possible. They're Shelties, so there's plenty to groom! Then my son has his last physical therapy appointment early this afternoon (he had knee surgery in February). After that, I want to go visit our horse and give her some lovings and maybe sneak in a ride. It's a beautiful sunny day today, and it should hit about 70 degrees this afternoon. Spring is finally here! :happy:

Have great workouts today, everybody!