Join me in a round of P90X beginning 4/26/10

Options

Replies

• mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Did core synergistics today and Yoga day tomorrow. I am going to substitute pilates for the Yoga. I just don't like it and the pilates is a really good workout. I will give it a try and if it doesn't seem to do anything for me then I will start Yoga again.

Tomorrow is my last day of my first month of P90x. Can't wait to post pics. I only notice a little difference but I am not going to get discouraged. I am also putting the scale away after tomorrow until I am done my 60 days. It is not moving and I don't want to get frustrated and quit. :smile:
  • mommyhof3
    Options
    I am starting week 3 tonight, but I had some blood work done today. I feel okay I just do not know if I should do chest, back, and abs. Thoughts??

I think it depends on how you feel. You can do it but only go as far as you feel you can go. Don't overdue it though. You want to be able to keep going on this journey with us :smile:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 3 tonight, but I had some blood work done today. I feel okay I just do not know if I should do chest, back, and abs. Thoughts??
    I meant to reply to this sooner and forgot. I'm sorry! I don't think it would be a problem, but to be safe, it's probably best to ask when you're having the blood work done if there are any limitations on working out later. I don't think it would be the same restrictions as when donating blood, but I'm not a doctor either. What did you end up deciding?
  • MegKacz
    MegKacz Posts: 57
    Options
    Did core synergistics today and Yoga day tomorrow. I am going to substitute pilates for the Yoga. I just don't like it and the pilates is a really good workout. I will give it a try and if it doesn't seem to do anything for me then I will start Yoga again.

Tomorrow is my last day of my first month of P90x. Can't wait to post pics. I only notice a little difference but I am not going to get discouraged. I am also putting the scale away after tomorrow until I am done my 60 days. It is not moving and I don't want to get frustrated and quit. :smile:

Putting the scale away seems like a great idea. I feel like i'm a slave to that thing (a little obsessive-compulsive about it). I might have to have my roommate hide it

Core synergistics- wow. I was not expecting that one to be so tough! I was dripping. Literally, dripping.
  • ilovehkn
    ilovehkn Posts: 57
    Options
    I meant to reply to this sooner and forgot. I'm sorry! I don't think it would be a problem, but to be safe, it's probably best to ask when you're having the blood work done if there are any limitations on working out later. I don't think it would be the same restrictions as when donating blood, but I'm not a doctor either. What did you end up deciding?

I ended up working out anyway. I made it through okay, I took a nap first. Today is Plyo! That exclamation point was hesitant. I love it, but I hate it! Thanks for your reply...
  • ilovehkn
    Options

I think it depends on how you feel. You can do it but only go as far as you feel you can go. Don't overdue it though. You want to be able to keep going on this journey with us :smile:

Thanks I appreciate the help!! :)
  • PJilly
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Fridays make me smile now because I get to do my two favorite workouts (Legs & Back and Kenpo X) on back-to-back days, and then I get a rest day. It doesn't get much better than that. Another thing that makes me smile is that I've lost 4 pounds since we started this last Monday. Yay!

Hope you all have great a great day and an awesome workout today!
  • MegKacz
    MegKacz Posts: 57
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Fridays make me smile now because I get to do my two favorite workouts (Legs & Back and Kenpo X) on back-to-back days, and then I get a rest day. It doesn't get much better than that. Another thing that makes me smile is that I've lost 4 pounds since we started this last Monday. Yay!

Hope you all have great a great day and an awesome workout today!

Way to go PJilly!! I have KenpoX today too- looking forward to it!
  • mallorylouise
    mallorylouise Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Oh, Fridays are NOT my favorite days. I finished my first phase of lean, and I'm 2 weeks into phase two. Fridays kill me! I'm taking a yoga and a fitness class on campus, and Wednesdays I do yoga, then 30 min of cardio on a machine (BORING! But I'm required to do cardio in class, and hey, I havent' been fit enough to actually run in a long time, and this week I ran two miles and walked one doing interval training. Not bad!) and the arm workouts from the video (which I have written down and bring with me- and I don't rest between sets). Then Thursday is Yoga, and my legs are super sore on Thursdays, and yoga just...makes it worse. Then Legs are on Friday! AHH. They never get a rest! My poor hammys! I work in a coffee kiosk in a hospital and I'm pretty sure people think I'm nuts standing there stretching all the time, lol.
  • mallorylouise
    mallorylouise Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Also- How are you all entering your workouts into the exercise diary? What cardio exercise are you using? I've been using the calisthenics category a lot. I know the calories burned for each workout vary per person, and a HRM is the only real accurate way to figure out how many calories you burn during a work out, but I haven't made a final decision on one yet (Polar F7 would probably be good, but I can't find it anywhere!). So, any input on how to enter our P90x workouts in our exercise diary?
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Today was chest & back - I look forward to the days when these push ups & pull ups become easier!! My girls woke up early today so I've yet to complete the ab ripper, but I'll get to it - I promise!! :wink:

PJilly!!!!!! Congrats on your 4 lb loss!!:drinker: I'll admit it, I'm a bit jealous!! :wink: Seriously, though, great job! Keep it up!!

Mallory, sorry I can't help with your diary question. I use a Polar F6 HRM & I've added these workouts to my exercise database according to my HRM reading. My numbers vary from workout to workout & yes, the numbers would be different from person to person.

Have a great day everyone & don't forget to BRING IT!!
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Mallory, I also have a HRM so I use a custom "p90x" exercise.

Legs & Back was today, I was so spent afterward I couldn't even do Ab Ripper.
    I like Kenpo but have a hard time with the combination of 3-4 different punches. I am very NOT coordinated and the first time with the Jab-Cross-Uppercut thing I was just doing Jab-Jab-Jab LOL. :laugh:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Thanks, sanifrey! :happy:

Mallory, I use a Polar F4 for my calorie burn, which varies from the low 200s (Yoga X) to the high 300s (Plyo or Legs & Back/Ab Ripper X), depending on the workout.
  • PJilly
    Options
    My workout revelation for today was: Who cares if I can never do an unassisted pull-up? I am loving using the pull-up bar instead of the bands. I cheat as little as possible with the chair, and I feel like I am getting a WAY better back workout than I did with the bands. Isn't that really what counts? If I get an awesome workout every time, that's what matters to me. Maybe I'll be able to do an unassisted pull-up at the end 90 days, and maybe I won't. Ha, that feels so liberating! :happy:
  • dmdinfla
    dmdinfla Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Polar F6 user too. I bought mine off e-bay for cheap. It works great! I'm about to start Legs & back right now, but I am doing the Ab ripper FIRST. If I do it first I'm not so wiped out for the 'main event'.Plus you can manage Ab ripper a LOT better too. (for me anyway)
  • mommyhof3
    Options
    I use a Mio HRM and love it

PJilly that is awesome. I don't use the bar because I have no place to put it :sad: Oh well I will keep up with the bands

Today was Yoga day and I did pilates instead and also a hike though our community forest. I feel so much better. I don't think that if I don't do the Yoga that I will ruin my P90x experience. I love every other routine except that one. I might try it later on but I just don't enjoy the workout and since this is a lifestye change for me I dont think pushing myself to do something I loath is a good thing
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    My workout revelation for today was: Who cares if I can never do an unassisted pull-up? I am loving using the pull-up bar instead of the bands. I cheat as little as possible with the chair, and I feel like I am getting a WAY better back workout than I did with the bands. Isn't that really what counts? If I get an awesome workout every time, that's what matters to me. Maybe I'll be able to do an unassisted pull-up at the end 90 days, and maybe I won't. Ha, that feels so liberating! :happy:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Well said!!
  • ilovehkn
    Options
    Whoa! Made it through yet another round of Plyo and it was still hard. Those twist jumps kill me, then after that my legs have a hard time keeping it up. I went for a short warm up run beforehand, just 15 minutes, and I think that warmed my legs up enough to make the jumping easier then the last time. I feel like since it is two weeks until I do Plyo again, I will be back to where I started.
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Kenpo done and looking forward to resting until Monday morning. Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all you moms! :heart:
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone. I'm looking for an exercise partner in the Brooklyn NY part of the world :smile:
    I feel that having a partner will definately keep us on track and accountable.

Any takers :happy: