Join me in a round of P90X beginning 4/26/10

Options

Replies

• annalisa85
    annalisa85 Posts: 41
    Options
    Week 2, day 2. Feeling pretty good so far. Cardio helped relieve some stress today...studying for boards is driving me crazy!!:explode: Hope everyone has a great workout today!
  • MegKacz
    MegKacz Posts: 57
    Options
    Week 2, day 2. Feeling pretty good so far. Cardio helped relieve some stress today...studying for boards is driving me crazy!!:explode: Hope everyone has a great workout today!

What kind of boards are you studying for? I'll be hitting the books for nursing boards (NCLEX) pretty soon
  • annalisa85
    Options

What kind of boards are you studying for? I'll be hitting the books for nursing boards (NCLEX) pretty soon

NCLEX RN. I've been studying for weeks and weeks and just pushed back my test date today for another 3 weeks. I'm freaking out big time! I use the ncsbn online campus among other study tools, and just feel that I'm not prepared. I know I can do it, I'm just nervous.

Good Luck with your studies!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I took the NCLEX 10 years ago. I don't think I was ever so nervous for a test! You will do fine. Just be sure to review everything!:wink::laugh:

Started phase 2 this week. I have been feeling more tired with the workouts. I am sure it is because I am not eating very well. I wish I wasn't a see-food eater! I would do so much better!
  • ilovehkn
    ilovehkn Posts: 57
    Options
    First thing is it Kenpo or Kempo, I have read both. That is what I am doing tonight. I had legs and back last night. My legs did not want to do it, but I pushed through. Hope everyone is okay this week!!!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    First thing is it Kenpo or Kempo, I have read both. That is what I am doing tonight. I had legs and back last night. My legs did not want to do it, but I pushed through. Hope everyone is okay this week!!!

It is KenpoX I just misspell it repeatedly lol
  • MegKacz
    Options
    Just did KenpoX. I feel like that's a nice easy workout. End of week 3 for me!

Question-
    What do you all eat for breakfast?

I'm trying to think of some higher protein breakfasts. Thinking about adding eggs into my diet but I don't want to eat them everyday. Other alternatives? I know greek yogurt is high in protein too- any brand suggestions? I've had plain Fage greek yogurt before and it was really good! My carb intake is through the roof (compensating for not eating a lot of meat or dairy I assume, but it's ridiculously high) and I think that's why I'm holding on to these last 10 pounds or so (for the last 3 years). Not that I'm a total freak about the weight- I just hate the tummy pooch :mad: haha.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    Hi Meg, I eat eggs and oatmeal nearly every day for breakfast. I scramble three whites and one yolk to keep the fat lower. My diary is public if you want to look at it. (I like Kenpo X a lot too.)

I am pretty surprised/jazzed that I've lost 4.2 pounds since last Monday. I had a body comp test done yesterday, and my BF percentage is 21.5%, which I figure isn't too shabby for an old lady. I'd like to get it under 20%, which should be completely doable.

I'm looking forward to Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper X today.

How's everybody doing?
  • ilovehkn
    Options

It is KenpoX I just misspell it repeatedly lol

lol! I say it wrong, so it is all good! I had Kenpo last night, and today is my day of rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Did Stretch X today and don't feel like I did much so I am going to go on the elliptical later or maybe a walk if it warms up. We had spring, skipped summer and it is -5 today. At least the snow all melted yesterday :sad:
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Today was Shoulders & Arms and I finally braved Ab Ripper for the first time. Difficult! I have been STARVING the past 2 days so I think my metabolism must be revving up, I just cannot seem to get full for very long!
  • annalisa85
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms for me today but no Ab Ripper with this pulled muscle in lower abdomen. Feel pretty good so far. Still have to run today, but that's the easy workout. Great workouts today everyone!
  • MegKacz
    Options
    I have yoga tonight. I think the leg workout finally caught up with my. My legs are SORE!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning X-ers!!! Today is the end of my first week & my rest day!! I feel like I really need it!! There isn't a body part that isn't sore! LOL!! My favorite workout so far has to be the kenpo X! Have a great day & don't forget to BRING IT!!!
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Finished the entire Yoga workout today! Looking forward to Legs & Back tomorrow (I didn't have a pullup bar last week). Have a great day everyone!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I'm looking forward to my Yoga X today. It's funny that I used to dread it when I did this before, but now I appreciate every single workout. I am thankful for that. It makes life a whole lot more fun.

Hope you all have great workouts today!
  • annalisa85
    Options
    Yoga was great today. I still get a little wobbly but the burn is so good. Hope everyone has a great workout today!! :happy:
  • MegKacz
    Options
    I have core synergistics tonight. I'm not really sure what to expect!
  • MegKacz
    Options
    And also,

Happy Nurses Day! =)
  • ilovehkn
    Options
    I am starting week 3 tonight, but I had some blood work done today. I feel okay I just do not know if I should do chest, back, and abs. Thoughts??