Negative MFP

Options
LaDiiHeArT
LaDiiHeArT Posts: 118 Member
I think it is ridiculous how negative some people can be. You make a topic and people post the most negative comments. I realized that they are just not worth my time. I want to thank all the positive people who have sent me messages & friend request. I'm here for support and motivations. I know a lot of my pals on here can honestly say I also help motivate them also. To all the negative people on here they need to be blocked. It's one thing to give your advice, suggestions and opinion but posting negativity is worthless. I signed up for tracking and motivation not sarcasm and negativity. With that being said I'm happy/thankful for all the positive people I have become friends with during my time on MFP! :) Thank you guys!

Replies

• tumblr_ljbbmpPOsM1qgiv3co1_500.gif
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    No, not "negative MFP" it's "negative world" and you should be used to it by now.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Yeah can't a girl post a thread about losing 10 pounds in a week without getting told anything negative? C'MON!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    For the 560123154 billionth time, someone disagreeing and/or giving you advice that isn't what you want to hear =/= NEGATIVE/MEAN/BULLY/ETC.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Seems like you have a very negative attitude towards some people.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My recommendation is you stay off the forums. Or put your big girl panties on. Have a nice day.

QFT
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I love how all the posters who give out good information eventually get bullied off this site.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    This is the thread with all the supposed "meanies" in it the OP is referring to since she conveniently deleted all her comments and original post in that thread and omitted the context of this rant post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/908905-10lbs-a-week
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    For the 560123154 billionth time, someone disagreeing and/or giving you advice that isn't what you want to hear =/= NEGATIVE/MEAN/BULLY/ETC.

^^THIS!!! She's usually right, you know.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    sorry, when people ask how they can lose 10 lbs a week, when their total weight loss goal is like 30 lbs, it brings out the fun ;p
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The irony of the OP
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    just because i am sarcastic doesn't mean i'm negative.

i am negative, too... but sarcasm is not the reason why.

great post, by-the-way. it really made me take personal inventory.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    People on MFP have worked incredibly hard to get in good shape. They know what needs to be done.

And they aren't just going to tell you it's perfectly ok to do something colossally stupid in order to reach an unattainable goal.

If you need your head patted, talk to your mommy.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I agree. Whatever someone posts should be agreed with. If someone doesn't agree with whatever anyone posts they should be banned.

This way everyone will feel better about themselves.

No one's gonna lose any weight, but hey, at least this place will finally be "supportive".
  • LaDiiHeArT
    Options
    Lmao I love how the haters love following my topics hahahaha I'm on a roll today. They say you know your doing your job when you gain 1 hater a day LMAO I gained 100 today!!!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    No
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I didn't actually get to read your original post, but just judging from the title and the comments I read... I'm going to say this as gently as I can...

Next time you're going to post something on the forums, consider 2 questions.

1) Do I really need more of an answer than a quick Google search can provide me?

2) Can I handle the potential of negative feedback?

If the answer to either of those is 'no', then it probably doesn't need to be posted. I'm not saying you deserved to get slammed, but it does not behoove you to then post about how negative MFP is when you asked a question with a pretty obvious answer. And I looked back over and read the comments and most of them were not really attacking you, just stating the obvious. Not saying it nicely, but people aren't here on the forums to be nice. You'll learn that soon enough. Good luck to you.
  • LaDiiHeArT
    Options
    I agree. Whatever someone posts should be agreed with. If someone doesn't agree with whatever anyone posts they should be banned.

This way everyone will feel better about themselves.

No one's gonna lose any weight, but hey, at least this place will finally be "supportive".

Thanks hun :)
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    You posted about losing 10lbs a week?? You really think you were going to get support on something as un healthy as that on a fitness site??? *sigh*

tumblr_m0cdbrqqfb1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Lmao I love how the haters love following my topics hahahaha I'm on a roll today. They say you know your doing your job when you gain 1 hater a day LMAO I gained 100 today!!!

You're only hurting yourself by not listening. It doesn't affect us.