Negative MFP

Replies

• dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    A little advice for those who are thinking of starting a rant thread on mfp: It's like putting lipstick on a dead hooker. It ain't gonna look any better.

Don't go knocking my pasttimes. That's very negative

REPORTED!
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    this world would be a better place if everyone agreed with each other all the time over everything....everyone else should obviously be banned
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Dear OP: MFP, and the internet in its whole, is full of morons.

MFP especially is full of *kitten*, most particularly because the ownership is only concerned with numbers and not actually maintaining a reliable tool or helpful community.

Actually, odds are, anyone—especially myself—posting in this thread is an *kitten*. So meh.

Honestly, you should just avoid the forums. I would, but I'm a glutton for punishment. (It's the same reason I watch police procedurals a la Bones, CSI, etc.)
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Soylent Green - - - - it's PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haaaaah... Oh God... What movie was that from again?? Haaaah. :laugh:

There are some positive people here. Please don't forget that. :flowerforyou:

Really? What movie?
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

If this is enforced properly, the OP will receive a warning or strike herself.
  • lucypeaks
    lucypeaks Posts: 96 Member
    ah well, off to bed. What a waste of time these forums are...even Facebook was better than this and that's really saying something! Think i'll stick to being supportive to MFP friends only, seems to make more sense!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    I think it is ridiculous how negative some people can be. You make a topic and people post the most negative comments. I realized that they are just not worth my time. I want to thank all the positive people who have sent me messages & friend request. I'm here for support and motivations. I know a lot of my pals on here can honestly say I also help motivate them also. To all the negative people on here they need to be blocked. It's one thing to give your advice, suggestions and opinion but posting negativity is worthless. I signed up for tracking and motivation not sarcasm and negativity. With that being said I'm happy/thankful for all the positive people I have become friends with during my time on MFP! :) Thank you guys!

I think you signed the wrong contract!

Mine is fine, I can ignore or argue with people I don't agree with or don't like their posts.
    I do not have to get upset over posts from complete strangers.

You should complain and get a new contract!!
  • LaDiiHeArT
    LaDiiHeArT Posts: 118 Member
    ah well, off to bed. What a waste of time these forums are...even Facebook was better than this and that's really saying something! Think i'll stick to being supportive to MFP friends only, seems to make more sense!

Thanks hun! I look forward to seeing your progress and motivating you on the way :)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member

Really? What movie?
    ummmm....the movie was "Soylent Green"
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    "mean people" threads only invite the following...

g600107907.gif

Stop pushing the f'ing button.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    not really being superior here, just know i have the manners and common courtesy to run someone down on a public forum even if i do not agree with their thoughts/post...so important not to be judgemental just helpful and give guidance. So don't tell me to 'grow up' please.

Actually, it's essential that we are judgemental. It's how we define ourselves. I judge that you are judging people and then telling them not to judge.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

If this is enforced properly, the OP will receive a warning or strike herself.

I agree. I think she became just as bad as everyone else when she decided to troll.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I took a colossal poop today.

Congratulations on your loss! Way to go!

Thank you! I totally should have weighed myself after it. I considered breaking it in half before flushing.

Nice. Glove? Tissue? Poop Stick? Bare Handed? Tell me slowly and softly ..

Lol, I think I would have used a wooden spoon. Then I would have immediately thrown it out!
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    how much do brains weigh?
  • sullus
    how much do brains weigh?

Same as muscle. or fat.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    "Soylent Green" Oh.... And its people... Yuckooooo. Haah. :laugh:

And Farmer Vicent from Motel Hell.. Those are people in the sausage.. Yucko... Dont feed me slop, & Don't put that gunnysack over my head, when you have me planted in the ground. Then please don't eat me. :frown:

Try to find the positive.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member

Really? What movie?

Drop Dead Gorgeous?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    This is the thread with all the supposed "meanies" in it the OP is referring to since she conveniently deleted all her comments and original post in that thread and omitted the context of this rant post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/908905-10lbs-a-week

Oh dear.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    OMG so many haterzz on MFP.
  • sullus
    Try to find the positive.

Protip: It's usually the red wire.