Negative MFP

Options

Replies

• doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I think it is ridiculous how negative some people can be. You make a topic and people post the most negative comments. I realized that they are just not worth my time. I want to thank all the positive people who have sent me messages & friend request. I'm here for support and motivations. I know a lot of my pals on here can honestly say I also help motivate them also. To all the negative people on here they need to be blocked. It's one thing to give your advice, suggestions and opinion but posting negativity is worthless. I signed up for tracking and motivation not sarcasm and negativity. With that being said I'm happy/thankful for all the positive people I have become friends with during my time on MFP! :) Thank you guys!

FIVE! I COUNT FIVE "Negatives!"

Count.jpg
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Lmao I love how the haters love following my topics hahahaha I'm on a roll today. They say you know your doing your job when you gain 1 hater a day LMAO I gained 100 today!!!

There ya go! Good for you realizing that these people are just haters because they're really just jealous of you because you're going to start losing 10lbs a week.

I think you should start your own group. Call it "Positive Comments About Everything" group.
  • Runs4CupCakes
    Options
    i mosty stay off message boards but seriosuly just because you ask ppl's advice and its not what you want to hear does not make them negitive or mean.... if you cant handle what ppl have to say then dont post, i ♥ MFP and there will always be somebody that doesnt agree with you thats there right they dont have to be all OH THE WORLD"S FULL OF RAINBOWS BUTTERFLIES GLITTER LETS SING SONGS BY THE CAMP FIRE OH YOUR RIGHT WE CAN ALL GET ALONG... O.0 THIS IS THE INTERNET YOU REALLY DIDNT THINK PPL WOULD HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY AND YES I GOT MY CAP LOCKS ON NO I DONT WANNA FIGHT =)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I agree. Whatever someone posts should be agreed with. If someone doesn't agree with whatever anyone posts they should be banned.

This way everyone will feel better about themselves.

No one's gonna lose any weight, but hey, at least this place will finally be "supportive".

It WOULD be supportive, but also useless!!!

Doesn't matter. We're not here to give good advice regarding diet and exercise. We're here to be supportive. Read the MFP guidelines. It does not matter what you say, only how you say it.

"Hey honey, you should really do a cleanse. They're great for getting toxins out of the body" = approved MFP advice. (regardless of the fact that cleanses do absolutely for weight loss)

"Shut up and lift" = strikes and a possible banning.

It doesn't matter what works. What matters is how you say it.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I agree. Whatever someone posts should be agreed with. If someone doesn't agree with whatever anyone posts they should be banned.

No one's gonna lose any weight, but hey, at least this place will finally be "supportive".

Thanks hun :)

jeff-dunham-peanut-o.gif
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Calling someone a hater because they disagree with you is absurd.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    People get negative comments when their is a duplicate post of their post 3 topics down.. you get flamed more when there are multiples on the same page.. Search feature, answer all questions.. Flame on!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Would you like some cheese with that?
  • lucypeaks
    lucypeaks Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    oh well, guess some folk were brought up with social skills and conversational manners, and some were not...there's no need for rudeness.
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

Pretty sure this was dripping with sarcasm hun.
  • Msdirection
    Msdirection Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Honey, you posted a topic asking if it was OK to lose 10pounds in a week - I'm sure you knew in your heart what people were going to say. I think you're confusing 'negativity' with 'reality'. Someone disagreeing with an obviously silly idea is not them being negative, it's them being intelligent.

Actually, you could argue that the people who were disagreeing with you were actually being MORE positive, since they are the ones pointing out that doing that to yourself its utterly unhealthy.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    "They're not worth my time. OH I KNOW! Let's start a topic so I can let them know how much I am not NOT giving them my time!"
  • Msdirection
    Msdirection Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Pretty sure this was dripping with sarcasm hun.

Agreed
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options

There ya go! Good for you realizing that these people are just haters because they're really just jealous of you because you're going to start losing 10lbs a week.

That's LOOSING 10 lbs a week. Please.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    i like bullys
    High-School-Bully-GIF.gif

I :heart: you so effing hard.
  • mdklaus
    Options

I think the person who 'agreed' with you was being sarcastic. Please tell me your "thanks hun" was sarcastic too.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    THE NEGATIVE PPL TOOK THE BAIT! CTFU

Well...aren't you just a ray of sunshine?
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Lmao I love how the haters love following my topics hahahaha I'm on a roll today. They say you know your doing your job when you gain 1 hater a day LMAO I gained 100 today!!!

Lol so true
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Awe...someone got their feelings hurt. It's ok hon... Have a cookie.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    i totally get her point-there's giving advice and constructive criticism, but some folk are almost verbally abusive....there's no need for it really!i rarely visit forums any more.

Thats what I said and her total goal to lose weight wasn't 30 like people are saying. She's trying to lose over 80 lbs if you check her profile.