Over 200 New Year New Me Part 14

Options

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Busy Baby talking Bee's. Let me tell you from experience. I had my first baby on my 23rd birthday. Would never change that but I was nervous the whole time. (Never had problem getting preg, had my daughter 36 weeks to the day I gave in to my hubby:blushing::blushing: I was 22 and innocent he 28 not so innocent hockey player ) Anyways back to the point, had my second at 26.5 yrs., had my 3rd at 31 and 4th at 34 (2 months shy of my 35th birthday) All I can say is the 2 I had in my 30's Oh how much more relaxed, how much more I was able just to enjoy them and not worry they were going to die at any second. Don't get me wrong loved and enjoyed the 2 I had in my 20's just more "mature" for motherhood later on. My 16 yo daughter says she does not think she wants children. She is a career oriented typ of girl. I hope some day she will want them but it is her life. I guess I feel like when we are old and noone is around you still have your children and grandchildren. They are a loving legacy.

lildeb, shingles are painful and I am glad you got them taken care of early. My daughter had them when she was 10 on her face by her eye. They gave her a cream that cleared them up quickly.

littlespy I am thinking a proposal is in your near future.

Mari, I think it is great that you have high self esteem. I just want to say that I have self confidence in my abilities, my body image is not so great, but as far as my mind, heart, and soul I am fullfilled and my husband is not the reason for that he is simply my partner in it all. We have a mutual respect and love for each other. Yes, I need him, but only because I love him. Not because he makes me who I am. When you get married 2 people become 1 it is beautiful. I think my husband and I enhance each other.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Cris - They need to fix it right now!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
    You worked so hard to get to 3rd position and it MUST NOT GO UNRECOGNIZED :explode: :explode: :explode:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Busy Baby talking Bee's. Let me tell you from experience. I had my first baby on my 23rd birthday. Would never change that but I was nervous the whole time. (Never had problem getting preg, had my daughter 36 weeks to the day I gave in to my hubby:blushing::blushing: I was 22 and innocent he 28 not so innocent hockey player ) Anyways back to the point, had my second at 26.5 yrs., had my 3rd at 31 and 4th at 34 (2 months shy of my 35th birthday) All I can say is the 2 I had in my 30's Oh how much more relaxed, how much more I was able just to enjoy them and not worry they were going to die at any second. Don't get me wrong loved and enjoyed the 2 I had in my 20's just more "mature" for motherhood later on. My 16 yo daughter says she does not think she wants children. She is a career oriented typ of girl. I hope some day she will want them but it is her life. I guess I feel like when we are old and noone is around you still have your children and grandchildren. They are a loving legacy.

lildeb, shingles are painful and I am glad you got them taken care of early. My daughter had them when she was 10 on her face by her eye. They gave her a cream that cleared them up quickly.

littlespy I am thinking a proposal is in your near future.

Mari, I think it is great that you have high self esteem. I just want to say that I have self confidence in my abilities, my body image is not so great, but as far as my mind, heart, and soul I am fullfilled and my husband is not the reason for that he is simply my partner in it all. We have a mutual respect and love for each other. Yes, I need him, but only because I love him. Not because he makes me who I am. When you get married 2 people become 1 it is beautiful. I think my husband and I enhance each other.

Momma hearing you talk about your husband is so sweet! That's what I want if I ever get married. That's why I refuse to settle! It's out there somewhere!
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Momma, thanks, and that sounds like a really beautiful and special relationship you have with your husband. :heart: I can only hope that one day I'll find my soulmate too. :brokenheart: I know thinking about it will just make it harder...since love strikes when you're not paying attention...:love:
  • meokk
    Options
    Cris I woudl definitely call them out on it again. You deserve to be in the 3rd place! You earned it girl!!!

LittleSpy- I have to agree. Sounds like it may be just around the corner!

Okay so I know we have discussed this before and my memory is terrible. What kind of scales does everybody have? Do we like them? I need to buy a scale for home (this scares me that it's going to say something different!). I have been borrowing my work scale. I need to bring it back before they hurt me. I found the same one but it's about $60. It's an Omron. Suggestions? Sorry again for the repeat question!

Hey Jess,
    I broke down today and bought a new scale on Amazon. Mine has been annoying me for ages and I'm through putting up with it.
    I never expected to spend this much but I went for the "Tanita BF680W Duo Scale Plus Body Fat Monitor with Athletic Mode and Body Water" prices between $55 and 60 on Amazon. It got really good ratings for accuracy from a few magazines and consumer reports so I just went for it. Since it does body fat and water too I suppose it's worth the extra money.
    Hope that helps.
    Meokk
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Thanks Jess and Mari, I would not settle either. I think that you would be better off single than with someone who is not worth your time. I think you both will find the right guy, and he will be the lucky one. I do love my husband, but honestly it took some time for us to really get this right. We were rushed right into a family (our fault) but we over came and here we are 17 years later and I can honestly say I love him more now!!!! I also think he is so much hotter now. Men age well. How unfair!! Although I sure would not mind that 28 yo body of his back:love::love: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: (sh don't tell him I said that):laugh: :laugh:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I agree with Momma (and I love it when you talk about your husband, too! :love: )! Never settle! My boyfriend is exactly the person I thought I'd fall in love with. I was able to be myself around him from day 1 (as soon as I got over being so stinking shy & awkward... well, I'm still really awkward, but, as my bf says, "That's Julie!" :tongue: ). There is only one other person in this entire world I have ever felt so comfortable with and that's my best girlfriend. For years my best gf and I had conversations wishing either one of us was a guy or that we were both gay. :laugh:
    My bf's brother was the bartender manager at my favorite bar (now he has top security clearance in the Navy :huh: ) & they came to an Independence Day party one of my best guy friends, Matt, was having & that's when I met Scott (bf) the first time. It was mega love at first sight. :love: He's so hot! I was nearly obsessed with him. So, of course I was shy & stared at my feet any time he stood anywhere near me. Not even my usual 40oz of social skills could help me around him. :laugh: At that time, he had just been medically discharged from the army & he had moved back to SC (to Beaufort which is 2 hours away from where I live(d) in Columbia) from AL to take care of his sick grandmother while his mom got things in order to move here from MS to take care of her mom (:heart:). Then when his mom got here, he took what he thought was an awesome job in Huntsville, AL & moved back there so I didn't see him again until a year later when the company went out of business & he moved to Columbia to be closer to his brother & got an apartment with Matt (the same good friend of mine who had that party the year before). As soon as I found out he was going to live with Matt, I was a woman on a mission! :laugh: Every time I saw Matt I was like "Let's do something tonight --- want me to bring dinner & a movie to your place?" Haha, as persistent as I was about coming over so often, Matt probably thought I was trying to make a move on *him.* :tongue: Then after a few weeks, it finally happened. I outstayed everyone else at the apartment (it was like 5am by the time everyone else left) & then I gave Matt the "Okay, now beat it" look & he got the message & went to his room, leaving me & Scott sitting out on the balcony together. I'm crafty like that. :wink: After a couple hours of talking, he asked me to breakfast & we had our very first date at Waffle House. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Afterwards, he got my number and it took him like 3 WEEKS to call me again, but as soon as we did, we hung out pretty much every night for the next 10 months & then we moved in together, and that was about 3 years ago & here we are today. Still living together & unmarried. :tongue:

Seriously though, I couldn't even imagine being with anyone else. Sure, he's not perfect, but neither am I. I've never been in a long term relationship before this because I've never settled. I didn't even seriously date anyone in college, after the 2 guys I dated in high school turned out to be such losers. I've never been with someone just to be with someone and sometimes I feel like that's what a lot of girls do. :ohwell:

And now that I've told you our life story, I'm going to go make dinner... :embarassed: :tongue:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    litspy - You look FABULOUS in the skirt! Wow! You are almost there, girl! Yippee!!! (I hear wedding bells......:wink: )
    jenn - I hope you had a good time at the gym!
    snowflakes - that is wonderful news about those 14's! They are here, baby!
    meokk - I am so glad I am still doing pilates..in bed..too! I am so grateful for your challenge! I really like it!
    cris - I hope you got to go to spinning and I pray your little one gets better, too! I am so sorry about your BL results. :cry: You are one of OUR BL's - does that count? :flowerforyou: I agree with Jess - I'd call them out on it. That's ridiculous how unorganized and confused they are!
    mstahl - way to go on that early rise to the rec center! I would never do it! LOL And I want to say congrats on the lateral position. It will be OK. I know you'll be great!
    momma - ROFL you cracked me up with the chubby chaser comment. I am praying for your little man! And you already know how much I love your husband! He's a keeper!
    awestfall - hoping and praying your little girl feels better.
    mari - my license reads 140! ROFL I never changed it from when I was skinny! Every time I renew it they do a double take.
    jess - I have to agree with the gals - you look much smaller than your weight!
    lildeb - meokk is right - catching shingles early helps avoid the painful recurrences. But I've never heard of shingles beginning on your neck....hmmm. I hope you get better soon! And my ex husband had shingles in his mid-30's, too, so you're not old! You're a spring chicken! Congrats on the lower weight at the doctor! That had to feel great!
    lstpaul - a 2nd step? 2nd?!?!!? I can't even do it with NO step! LOL Way to go! Hey, and I'm 46 as well.

Babies, babies, babies. Never really wanted them. Always had my mind set on adopting lots of kids from different cultures. That is, until I adopted my terror-plagued kitten Mojo. It was God's way of convincing me I would NOT be good with adopted kids! :tongue:

I went to my second physical therapy appt. today and it went really well! My therapist has me doing some pretty challenging stuff. I even fit in the exercise bike! I rode 2.5 miles! I was so excited! :bigsmile:

check in:
    cals: good
    water: 90+
    exercise: PT exercises and 20 mins on bike
    proud: see above with :bigsmile: !!!
  • meokk
    Options
    check in for today
    Calories - ate 1/2 my exercise
    Water - tons !! Trying to flush out the sodium as I've been retaining water all week
    Exercise - very fast walk approx 5.0 for 20 mins, gardening for 20 mins
    Proud that I did my superfast walk

night all
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Well, Cris, I guess that's what happens when folks at the *gym* try to do math. :wink: I'm sure they're straining their brains. Numbers are hard! :tongue:

ROFL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Okay so I had to share this with y'all. I'm a big big big Dallas Mavericks fan. I have a mini season ticket plan so I go to several games a year so I have...well..HAD tons of Mav's shirts. When I first started my weight loss journey I was thrilled to be losing weight. It got to the point where all my shirts...which were all mostly 2XL...didn't fit. They were like dresses on me. I was pretty upset to be giving them up. My best friends Mom took them and made them into this for me. It's a blanket for my bed. She gave it to me tonight for my birthday and I thought it was the coolest thing ever! Had to share with you ladies!

551122_7506.jpg?2115
  • cris20056
    Options
    JLB- you crack me up. Thats a cute story about how you and BF (future fiance) met. :love:

Mari- my license says 150lbs...uhm I honest to god have no idea WHEN I was ever 150 but it def wasnt when I got my permit. I was probably like 250 then. I think I put 150 because its always been my goal weight...it still says 150 today. Hopefully by next year it wont be a lie anymore...unless I get preggo of course :laugh:

Momma- its redundant, but I so love hearing about you and your hubby! You two are so cute. I hope to have a marriage like yours. Im pretty set on my guy :love: Today I couldt stop texting him that I loved him...just cause. I havent been this happy with life in a long time

Jess- HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLIE!!! HOPE YOU ARE HAVING FUN!

I ended up making it to spin class and my legs are like jello right now. But I hope the work pays off on the scale tomorrow. Turns out my son DOES have foot and mouth disease so yea..I am done with that daycare center. As for the BL thing I am sending them an email with all my concerns and leaving it at that

checking in 4/15/10:
    calories- 1275:drinker:
    water- yup
    sodium- around 2000
    excercise- spin class for 45 mins
    proud- I ate well, excercised well, and over all had a good day

good night!

HAPPY WEIGH IN TOMORROW!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Okay I had to go back and read posts!! :laugh:

Bluenote-That's so great your physical therapy appointment went good!! Congrats on riding your 2.5 miles on the bike as well! You are coming along quite nicely! :flowerforyou:

LittleSpy-I just love your story about how you met your bf. That's so cute!!

Okay one more picture and I promise I'm done. But I wanted to share my new dress with y'all as well..I'm turning into a real girl!! Dresses..never have I worn many dresses in my life. :blushing: This is the dress I want to wear for my bday party by the pool Saturday afternoon...

551122_9600.jpg?2115
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Jess - that is awesome !!!!! I am not a big basketball fan..but still route for Mavs!!!

all this talk of great bf/husbands...I got to chime in ....my husband is the best. We met on the internet, and he is my soul mate...I still can't belive in a few weeks we will be married for 10 years..seems just like yesterday. He takes such good care of me and loves me no matter what..I met him when I weighed like 170 and he loved me when i got up to 320 lbs he loved me...He never said once how i packing on the pounds ( i have know guys taht would of done that), not that he is rail thin, but i love that he loves when when i haven't always loved my self.

That said :)

we had an awesome dinner , we got it out of our taste of home diet cookbook. It is a crockpot recipe. It is chicken lime tacos. Pretty much chicken breast, corn, and salsa (we used rotel) in the crockpot all day, the chicken falls apart and put in some fat free tortillas. 148 cals a taco.

they were good and i added some 2% cheese and my dinner was under 400 cals...woohoo....I am only sitting at 1000 cals today...need some snacks i guess.

Don't know what the deal is i am sitting bettween 1000-1300 instead of the 1500-1600 that i have been sitting at . I know i need to eat more i am just not that hungry...i don't know if it is the shingles or me in my head just wanting to loose weight and trying to eat low cal stuff.
  • cris20056
    Options
    JESSS! YOU LOOK SO CUTE!!!!!:flowerforyou:

Ok now teach me how to take pics on my iphone and post it on here :laugh: :laugh:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Jess, you look SO GOOD in that dress!!! I could never pull it off! I am also horrible at being a girl. I have the skirts that I'm starting to fit into... but I haven't actually worn a skirt in years. It's funny because in high school, I wore skirts all the time. Long skirts, that is. I think it was my way of trying to hide how big I was. But anyway, I've always worn skirts with athletic shoes. Not running shoes or tennis shoes. I'm a Chucks girl & have been my whole life since I was a daddy's girl and my dad has always been a Chucks man. Oh, I'm having one of those old fogie moments -- "I remember when I could buy a pair of Converse All Stars for $7.00" Ha! Now they cost about 6 times that. They're also not made in the US anymore. I thought the whole point of production overseas was to *reduce* cost... :huh: ("Things cost more than the used to!") :laugh:

My driver's license, I think, says I'm 160 or 165. I was not that when I got it when I was 15. I was probably about 200 then. When I renewed it in 2005, it was right before I went on my little starvation diet & I weighed about 250 then. I didn't change the weight. :indifferent: When i renew in 2015, I'm going to have to change it -- because I'll weigh LESS! :bigsmile:
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Jess - you look awesome in that dress. I also am not good of beeing girly. I got to dresses for my sisters wedding and rehersal dinner in september, they were cute but size 26 , i haven't tried them on again but I am sure that they are very dresses.

I would like some cute summer dresses maybe one day.

Littlspy- I got my MS driv lic 2 1/2 yrs ago i put 270 on it but i was more like 300. We have been now back in TX for 6 months and hadn't gotten my dl here yet, i wanted to loose some weight 1st maybe one day i will get it.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I thought the dress looked pretty good as well. If I do say so myself! :blushing: This goes to show that I'm not used to wearing dresses. I was showing it to my roommate and was asking her if it was too dressy for the party by the pool and she looked at me like I was absolutely nuts. She goes "Jess..it's a casual dress of course it's fine!" I told her I didn't know. When I think of a dress I think of big occasion and fancy people. That's the only time I ever used to wear one! But I think I'm definitely going to wear it Saturday!

lildebbie-I'm not sure about the new drivers license here in Texas but the old ones don't have your weight on them. They ask for it to put on file but it's not on the license. Only your height. If you want a cute cheap place for dresses Ross has a ton right now. That's where I got mine. I think that black dress was $5-10 there. LOVE IT!! Sounds like you have quite a wonderful husband as well! Lucky lady!

Cris-As far as putting pics here from your iPhone. I email the picture to myself and then save the picture on my computer. I then use LittleSpys trick and right click on the pic and go to properties and copy the link and put link in my post. Its really way more work then you probably thought. LOL I have a digital camera but the phone is so much more handy!

LittleSpy-I love your story about your chucks! I always liked that look with skirts but never thought I could pull it off! Maybe someday!
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Jess - I didn't remember I had a lic in tx from when i was 18 till i moved to Ms in 2007, i couldn't remember if they did or not. I need to get one some day.you are supposed to get them with so many days of moving ..i have had reached and exceeded that limit.

As much as i would like to wear a cute little dress i just don't ..i am soo big i figure i just look like a tent.

Check in
    Cals - 1350
    Water - 8 oz ..i don't know why i have such a problem with this.
    exercise - 25 min (215 cals) on ea active (bluenote that is ea active not activa :):) )

Proud - even though i was feeling crappy today i did my workout and it was the hardest one i have done all week.
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Cris- Second one isn't always bigger :) My first was 7'13 and my second was 6'9[ I didn't know my family could make babies that small...she was my favorite labor lol] Your poor little man :( I hate it when the kids get sick, they're so small and helpless and you know there isn't much you can do to make them feel better it's terrible. I would definitely change care centers, there's no reason that he should be ill that many times in a 6 month span...even with the knowledge that kids share germs, that's a bit much to deal with. Hope he gets well soon.

Awestfall-I'm with you on wanting the cute basketball belly. I'm hoping to be at my goal weight so we can start trying for our 3rd when Brookelyn turns a year next February. I have a collage of my belly pictures from Brookelyn in my profile and it is not pretty :laugh: Same goes for you with your ill daughter, I hope she feels better soon!

Jess-I attracted some REAL losers...case and point my oldest daughter's father[real piece of work:explode: ] But there are good ones out there, and they're not impossible to stumble across[I'm not going to use the whole you'll find the right guy, cause honestly who really wants to be out to find a guy? they either come along or they don't either way life should be led to the fullest :)] took me a while after becoming a single mom to figure out what I wanted in life and to be happy being alone before I met my fiance. I love him and am very happy to have him in my life, but I know that I don't NEED him...if that makes any sense...and I feel it makes me more secure in our relationship then I had been previously. Kids on the other hand...I was your crazy teen who wanted to start having kids at 16[really glad I didn't. I was no where near stable or ready, I was a really messed up teenager] I did however have my first at 18 my second at 21 and I should be done having kids by the time I'm 25 and I couldn't imagine my life without them. I'm already becoming one of those moms who have a different kids activity every day and I'm totally enjoying it:laugh: And P.S you look amazing in that dress!! I am so envious :D

Littlespy-I love your story on you and your bf :happy: thank you for sharing...made me feel all full of love and want to go cuddle with my fiance:laugh:

lildeb- I met my fiance online as well :happy: We actually lived in the same town, just down the street from one another. I couldn't believe my other half lived so close and I didn't know it. I'm so glad that you have such a wonderful husband, I think more people should have spouses like you ladies do[not saying that mine isn't fabulous, cause I am gaga over him :blushing: ]

Checking in..

Calories-Under
    Exercise-80mins walking
    Water-awesome
    Proud-That I got moving today :)