What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• brendadale1
    brendadale1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs and turkey bacon. If I'm running late a QT buffalo roller.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ my favorite
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i'm not a morning person and i hate breakfast.

so i either have a crumpet or decent sized piece of toast (i like it asian style - thick, crunch on the outside and fluffy in the middle) with low fat butter spread or coconut oil and peanut butter (vegemite sometimes instead) OR special k cereal (usually the honey almond one) with either calcium enriched skim milk or almond milk, and usually a handful of chopped up fresh fruit.

Then about an hour later i have a latte.
  • Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I usually start the day with a protein/oats shake and add bits along the way, today's got to just over 1,000 cals and was yummy :)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I had coffee w/ creamer (sugar-free) and pure cane sugar, 2 Turkey sausage patties and 1 package of Better Oats Muffins Oatmeal Rasin Cookie Oatmeal w/ 1/2 cup almond milk.
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Morning are ughhh...
    Usually 2 hard boiled eggs with a slice of arnolds whole grain toast with organic peanut butter.

Or a banana and anything else I can grab.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Coffee with 2 tbsp half and half cream
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Today was cheesy scrambled eggs mixed in with yesterday's leftovers (potato, peas, carrot and a miniscule amount of bacon that somehow survived). And I am here to tell you that it was gooooooood.
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, cereal, crumpet, or English muffin

egg, cheese, or turkey bacon

fruit

sometimes homemade yogurt or cottage cheese with homemade granola and fruit
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    during the week I eat egg whites either plain or with a little ham (nuked and omelet like) on weekends eggs over with turkey bacon.
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast is porridge with almond milk + chopped banana but I need to start adding in some eggs. Cook off a few eggs at a time and store in the fridge for a great grab-and-go source of protein/nutrients. Take that with some fruit and you're golden.

Or, I'll make a toasted PB + banana sandwich to eat in the car some days. I know you're allergic but some wholemeal toast with peanut butter + some fruit is a great way to start the day! :)
  • i_like_snow
    i_like_snow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Two scrambled eggs with a small amount of ketchep and a toasted whole wheat sandwich thin with a tsp of butter on it.

My new fav is Special K protein shakes. I love the milk chocolate one. It tastes so much better than slimfast!
  • Jillbaby1972
    Jillbaby1972 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have an Adkins shake for breakfast. Just 1 gram of sugar, and fruit and cheese when I am in the mood. Quick easy breakfast.
  • sew3521
    sew3521 Posts: 5
    Options
    Simple. A banana. I normally eat a thing of Greek yogurt around 3 hours later.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    If I'm in University that morning I don't eat breakfast. I don't have the willpower to get up half an hour earlier to make breakfast, I'd rather sleep.
    If I'm not in University I'll have toast with peanut butter / cornflakes with skimmed milk / english muffin with egg / poached egg, grilled tomatos with toast.

I keep meaning to try porridge!
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    1 egg, fried or scrambled (depending on my mood)
    2 slices Beeler's uncured bacon
    Half piece of organic fruit (orange, apple, or pear)
    Coffee with half & half (1tbsp) and pure maple syrup (1tsp), all organic.
  • rachelannexo
    rachelannexo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Usually I have a smoothie with 1 cup frozen strawberries, 50ml orange or mango juice, 1 banana and 1 100g container of Greek blueberry yogurt. It's such a thick and rich tasting smoothie with only 219 calories, 10 grams of protein and 0 grams of fat.
    AND if you took out the banana, it would be only 114 calories. It's a great way for me to start the day because it makes me feel really full and it tastes amazing.
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Poached egg, english muffin and whatever other toppings i have in the fridge, usually 1/2 a serving of cheese and some avocado. Delicious and doesn't feel like diet food.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I try to hit around 400 calories at bk. Any more and my stomach hurts while I work out.

English muffin, round sausage, cheese slice and 1 egg is around 430 cals

Oatmeal, fruit, 2 eggs

Bacon toast 2 eggs

Protein powder drink if I need a few more calories

Really anything though that meets my calorie goal.
  • TheTrimTim
    TheTrimTim Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Eat proper food at breakfast and cut out the cereals and carbs. Protein and fats all the way if you want to loose weight and/gain muscle. Eggs and salmon are awesome. Or a nice steak and why not?! For something a little more traditional, try a nice Greek yoghurt with blueberries. Oh, and don't forget that cup of coffee!