30 Day Shred, Round 2 -- Starting 4/12/10

Options

Replies

• Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Level 2, day 18/30 DONE!

It's been more than a week, but I'm back!

I had SUCH a good time last weekend visiting with family and celebrating my husband's graduation -- but it's past time to get back to my healthy routine! We still have a house guest, but I realized I could play the shred on my laptop in the bedroom and get my workout in without kicking anyone out of the living room.

Now I just need to get my eating under control. It's weird -- I've been eating terribly, and it's not even enjoyable. Not only do I not _really_ crave bad food, it doesn't taste good, and no matter how much I stuff myself I'm completely unsatisfied and find myself wanting to eat and eat and eat to try and find that satisfaction. I think it's because even though I'm getting in CALORIES I'm starving my body of REAL nutrition. A rice cake with some peanut butter and a small mixed fruit salad is more satisfying on the whole than half a box of pizza. I can't believe I used to eat this crap ALL THE TIME before. What I really find myself craving is the healthy foods I've BEEN eating for the last 5 months -- not the refined, sugar and salt loaded, greasy, fatty FAKE food I've sadly let myself consume the past week. What an eye opener!

Time for a shower and a protein shake!!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 2, day 19/30 DONE!

One more day and I'm finally on to level 3!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    No shred today. Battling menstrual cramps and juggling family obligations.

Tomorrow I'm going to start level 3 and finish up days 20-30 at that level.
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Level 2 15/30 - Done

Haven't posted in a while and haven't been as diligent as I would like but I am not giving up. Hopefully Jillian can help me take off a pound or two before I weigh in this week so I don't have to post a gain. :)
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 3, day 20/30 DONE!

I didn't burn as many calories as I would have liked with the Shred today, so I added 40 minutes jogging to Leslie Sansone's 5 Mile Walk DVD. :wink:

If I stay consistent with my workouts I should be done with this round of the shred at the end of next week. Following that, I plan to do a week of Blast Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones (probable alternate each day). I'm having my wisdom teeth removed on June 4, and expect it'll take about a week to recover fully (fully enough to exercise anyway).

Once I've recovered from the surgery, I plan to start a round of Jillian's 30 Day Slimdown. Anyone interested? Start date will probably be June 14th.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Ok!!!! Level 3 Round 2 day 26 Done... Yay only 4 more days.........This round of the shred is taking me forever !!!!...I must be going for a record!!!!! but I have been doing other exercises when I have not been shredding :smile:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Ok!!!! Level 3 Round 2 day 26 Done... Yay only 4 more days.........This round of the shred is taking me forever !!!!...I must be going for a record!!!!! but I have been doing other exercises when I have not been shredding :smile:

Ha! I SO know what you about about this round going FOREVER. :laugh: Good for you that you've kept active when not shreding! That's excellent! :happy:
  • springgrl
    Options
    Level 2 16/30 - Done

Sleepy now. Good luck everybody.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 3, day 21/30 DONE!

Also included 2 circuits of Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.

Feelin' the burn. :laugh:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Forgot to post earlier...

Level 3, day 22/30 DONE!

Also tried Jillian's Yoga Meltdown. It wasn't a huge calorie burned, but it was nice.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 3, day 23/30 DONE!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 3, day 24/30 DONE!

Tomorrow is my rest day, then I have to hit it hard for 6 more days and I'll have completed round 2 of the shred. Almost there!
  • springgrl
    Options
    Level 2 18/30 - Done
    280 cals

Had to drop the weight on the last set of shoulder raises cause something is going on with my left shoulder. Hope it was just a cramp or something cause Jillian likes to work those shoulders.:wink:
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello shredders!!! Well today I got round to doing Day 27/Level3/Round 2..... YAY only 3 more days :laugh: mind you at this rate thats 3 weeks:noway: then what shall I do ???? Maybe one day on each level and Zumba on the other days :happy:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Forgot to post yesterday -- did Level 3, day 25/30! Also did a session of Biggest Loser: The Workout Volume 1!

Today's workout will commence in about an hour.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 3, day 26/30 DONE!

Also did Yoga Meltdown. Feelin' good!
  • springgrl
    Options
    Level 2 19/30 done

I finally feel like I did halfway decent at this level. I hope to get w/o 20 in tomorrow b4 I go on vacation for the weekend.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 3, day 27/30 DONE!

Also did The Biggest Loser: The Workout - Volume I - Low Intensity Cardio. It may be low intensity, but there are some KILLER squats in that workout! My legs are burnin'!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 2 19/30 done

I finally feel like I did halfway decent at this level. I hope to get w/o 20 in tomorrow b4 I go on vacation for the weekend.

Keep it up -- you're doing great! :drinker: Have fun on vacation!!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 3, day 28/30 DONE! (Also, Yoga Meltdown. Ah, feelin' the zen. :wink: )