Toxins

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    While I appreciate your candor and clarity, I find I am at a loss for words. Anyone who disagrees with you and is of a like mind is acting like they are in high school and is "ganging up on you'? Really?

Also, reread what you wrote - you have no issue with someone until they disagree with you?

I like to think that I ask you questions in a reasonable and polite way in general, despite insinuations from you that could be deemed as personal attacks. Obviously you do not see it that way based on my observations above.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    While I appreciate your candor and clarity, I find I am at a loss for words. Anyone who disagrees with you and is of a like mind is acting like they are in high school and is "ganging up on you'? Really?

Also, reread what you wrote - you have no issue with someone until they disagree with you?

I like to think that I ask you questions in a reasonable and polite way in general, despite insinuations from you that could be deemed as personal attacks. Obviously you do not see it that way based on my observations above.

Sara, this was a great cover up.
    Are we still on schedule for tomorrow at 6pm for the "how we will collectively disagree with Pu" team meeting we had set up last month? I'll bring the juicer.
  • Sarauk2sf

Sara, this was a great cover up.
    Are we still on schedule for tomorrow at 6pm for the "how we will collectively disagree with Pu" team meeting we had set up last month? I'll bring the juicer.

I'll bring the tequila!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Ilikewherethisthreadisgoing.jpg
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    It isn't school.

They have given meta analysed studies, you have given us a cut and paste of chemicals and bacteria in the gut.

Think about it.
  • Mayrose2
    Mayrose2 Posts: 11 Member
    hummm... good question!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    It couldn't possibly be that we all just disagree with you, could it?
    haha this. And at the same time, I'm tickled pink here being compared to the people on my list who make sense haha. I think we're missing some people though...thanks go out to....

Also what kind of friends are you, you didn't even tell me I was getting talked about on a thread I haven't read...I even missed the "how we will collectively disagree with Pu" meetings...I hear there was suppose to be a juicer and tequila and everything :tongue:
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    It's a shame people can't offer their opinions without being shot down in flames.

Rude.

I'm not a scientest/scholar - but when I stay away from as many chemicals/ additives as I can- via environment and food for an extended period of time I feel better, have more energy and clarity.

I think this is what PU is getting at.
    Most of the people on MFP aren't looking for a thesis - it's just a conversation.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    It isn't school.

They have given meta analysed studies, you have given us a cut and paste of chemicals and bacteria in the gut.

Think about it.

Thank you Matt! A little sense and reality check.
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    [/quote]

if you have Lemmiwinks in your colon, then a cleanse may be useful... otherwise, not so much.

thus, Lemmiwinks may be considered a toxin.

lemmi.jpg
    [/quote]

^^^ this, the best colon cleanse ever! :drinker:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member

lemmi.jpg

^^^ this, the best colon cleanse ever! :drinker:

This is certainly the CUTEST cleanse ever! Seriously, I want to cuddle him.
  • CoderGal
    It's a shame people can't offer their opinions without being shot down in flames.

Rude.

I'm not a scientest/scholar - but when I stay away from as many chemicals/ additives as I can- via environment and food for an extended period of time I feel better, have more energy and clarity.

Most of the people on MFP aren't looking for a thesis - it's just a conversation.
    I'm all for conversations. I just don't like it when people make absolutely no sense, state the opposite of what has been proven like it's the be all end all when the blind could be listening, and then back it up with info that has been repeatedly modified by the poster that contains many loop holes, speak on behalf of other people that are not present, take the information they said back, do not listen to the information presented, and change the subject, etc etc. I never know what 'PU is getting at' :laugh:
  • CoderGal

Pu, I have to say that the people you listed are pretty independent thinkers who are good at interpreting scientific evidence. They are all evidence based thinkers from what I have seen from them on these forums. Pu, you are on my FL and I have no issues with you at all, but I think you are wrong in your interpretation as to why this group of people is debating you on this topic.

It is possible that the scientific evidence is leading their conclusions and, because they are all using broad analysis of broad evidence on the issue, they are arriving at the same conclusion.
    What can I say I'm just bumping this because it's awesome and I want to sit back and appreciate the compliment because I was late coming in. :P
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member

What a great way of putting it.

When the discourse becomes more focused on justifying one's own biases rather than illuminating the truth everyone loses...I am as guilty of this as anyone else.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    It's the "monetary toxins" that the companies are trying to rid you of.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

For sure!!!
  • Sarauk2sf

Rude.

When an opinion is stated as fact, then people are well within their rights, and in fact, should, call into question those 'opinions'. Would you prefer it to have misinformation spread instead? Disagreeing =/= rude.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

679_zps408bfa8f.jpg
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member

Rude.

I'm all for conversations. I just don't like it when people make absolutely no sense, state the opposite of what has been proven like it's the be all end all when the blind could be listening, and then back it up with info that has been repeatedly modified by the poster that contains many loop holes, speak on behalf of other people that are not present, take the information they said back, do not listen to the information presented, and change the subject, etc etc. I never know what 'PU is getting at' :laugh:

It isn't about being shot down.

It is META ANALYZED studies vs someones opinion.

If you appreciate what a meta analyzed study takes into account, it is basing an opinion on dozens of studies, not something one cannot quantify in anyway.

I've already asked for a quantifiable result of someone doing a cleanse gains rather than 'they felt better' (since placebo is a great thing, to justify ones actions).
  • CoderGal

679_zps408bfa8f.jpg

Yep. The medical community is widely in agreement on the futility, if not outright danger of detoxing, and yet this thread has to completely derail because, in the words of one person who has self proclaimed himself has one of the "6 most educated people on MFP," a few people have formed a "clique" against him. Wow. Just wow.
    I find it exceptionally entertaining that I'm part of the clique but do not know everyone in it :laugh:
  • CoderGal

I would agree with you if you all weren't on each others friend's list and i rarely find you guys solo, always in pairs or more.
    So you agree with him then...because I have no idea who acg67 is :laugh: