Treadmills --- why do people hold on to the rails?

Options

Replies

• Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Another judge of what others do. I am very sight impaired. My balance is compromised because of it. Good to know that idiots have an opinion without knowing one damn thing about what others have lived through.
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Another judge of what others do. I am very sight impaired. My balance is compromised because of it. Good to know that idiots have an opinion without knowing one damn thing about what others have lived through.

Judging someone for judging someone? This is rich.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Some of us use treadmills because of weather constraints where we live. Below 0 (Fahrenheit, not Celsius), plus no sidewalks (ice, snow, high snowbanks decreasing visibility...), and other factors make it quite unsafe for me to walk/run outside in winter. I'd rather be bored out of my mind on a treadmill than injured due to ice or cars...
  • Amberonamission
    Options

der
  • beatleschic87
    Options

der

Well at least you own it... good for you! Unless you were meaning to say "the" in German, in which case I am royally confused.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I don't know why a few people are saying this is a "trolling" thread...it seems like a typical (if extremely judgemental) question.

What impresses me the most, however, are all of you AMAZING MFP'ers, many who've posted on this thread, who are exercising despite a lot of different medical issues that you "could" use as an excuse to sit around. You inspire me to work harder.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Because this needed reposting

:flowerforyou:
  • chica6578
    chica6578 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i hold on cause im afraid to fall lol. but since i dont like to hold on, i try to walk outside more. i go slower outside but i dont mind :) at least i wont fall :blushing:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    And the responses keep on coming.

:facepalm:

Well aren't you the cleverest little monkey in the zoo ...

Not sure how clever one needs to be to spot a fishing thread by the title, but whatever.

Not clever at all. But you said it so many times I was thinking you were getting sad that nobody congratulated you on your astute observation regarding an obvious piece of troll-bait. I just wanted to be supportive. You're welcome, you clever little monkey.

Of all the garbage in this thread, that's what got you to respond.

I feel honored by your reply, thank you.

*shrug* ... it's easy pickins going after the easily outraged. you looked like you might be a challenge. and you are proving to be one.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScLP0YEb4mABeqr4ja_FTCuLoYlL_te9gxtaMO84MjiACnCVlofw

Outraged, it's the internetz? More like having fun seeing how many times I could point out it was a fishing thread, while watching all these "serious business" replies before someone bit.

You bit.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    trlht.jpg
  • Amberonamission
    Options
    How do you all have such time on your hands? This is an awful lot of effort to be cruel. Karma
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

Not sure how clever one needs to be to spot a fishing thread by the title, but whatever.

Not clever at all. But you said it so many times I was thinking you were getting sad that nobody congratulated you on your astute observation regarding an obvious piece of troll-bait. I just wanted to be supportive. You're welcome, you clever little monkey.

Personally, I don't see a lot of "garbage" in this thread. I see a lot of people who find ways to work out and get healthy despite having disabling conditions or diseases.

And yes, to whoever said those of us not liking the OP were "judgemental"--I guess I DO judge those who post things just to insult/hurt others. This may have been funny to whoever posted the original comment, but clearly there are a lot of people struggling with disease and disabilities who don't find it funny to be judged about holding onto the rails of a treadmill.
  • Elzecat
    Options
    I don't know why a few people are saying this is a "trolling" thread...it seems like a typical (if extremely judgemental) question.

What impresses me the most, however, are all of you AMAZING MFP'ers, many who've posted on this thread, who are exercising despite a lot of different medical issues that you "could" use as an excuse to sit around. You inspire me to work harder.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Because this needed reposting

:flowerforyou:

You're welcome. Gotta spread the positivity :wink:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Personally, I don't see a lot of "garbage" in this thread. I see a lot of people who find ways to work out and get healthy despite having disabling conditions or diseases.

And yes, to whoever said those of us not liking the OP were "judgemental"--I guess I DO judge those who post things just to insult/hurt others. This may have been funny to whoever posted the original comment, but clearly there are a lot of people struggling with disease and disabilities who don't find it funny to be judged about holding onto the rails of a treadmill.

The whole point of the thread was to get a rise out of people. That's it.
  • beatleschic87
    Options
    How do you all have such time on your hands? This is an awful lot of effort to be cruel. Karma

Too much *clap clap* time on my haaaands...
  • Elzecat
    Options

That's nice...:huh: Not.

I'd rather focus on the positive things people do then spend my time trying to get a rise out of strangers on the internet, but to each their own. Happy Wednesday! :drinker:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

It's working ever so wonderfully!
  • beatleschic87
    Options

Well good for you for owning it!
  • Amberonamission
    Options

perfection at 26. Very goo for youuuu!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

How are you able to do this without taking your hands off the rails?
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    My balance is horrible, I hold on to the rails so I don't fall off. Plain & simple.