How to target back fat?

Options

Replies

• SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Why ask for advice only to then become all defensive. Did you really think someone was going to send you a link of a site telling you only what you wanted to hear?
  • Amoravy
    Amoravy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to these men. Hire a FEMALE personal trainer and talk to her. Men don't understand a woman's body. It's not the same. Women's bodies are even designed to hold on to fat in preparation for childbirth. It doesn't know there isn't a famine around the corner. Women even have certain days of the month they should be buffing and certain days of the month they should be boosting. It's based on hormones. Your diet and your workouts should be based on that. How many men can explain that one?

1. Lose more weight.
    2. Start strength training
    3. If you have a back, chest, arms and shoulders, upper body strength training is probably a good idea.

- FROM A WOMAN.

So, what is the miracle it takes to make me lose weight since old-fashioned diet and exercise won't work? And don't tell me patience and dedication....I am about fed up after 13 months.

I find it amusing that you've been trying for 13 months and haven't had the success you want to see, but when people - men AND women - who obviously HAVE had success try to give you advice you insist that No, they're wrong and they don't know what they're talking about.

Good luck with that, coz 13 months or 13 years, it doesn't matter. The definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Disappointing, but I suppose not surprising given the posts.

Welcome to the board after reading so little and assuming so much, did I really tell people they don't know what they are talking about? I replied to someone telling me to lose weight which I thought was ironic.
    So after watching 2 videos people have posted and looking up products to buy online for strength training after suggestions, I MUST think they do not know anything.

You know what would make you feel better? If you lick my butth*le.

you know, i reached out to you and sent you a link with some good information. i'm glad to see that you are not going to follow my advice, because that means that there will be more space at the gym for a woman that DOES want to make changes in her life.

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. Read the posts...I said I watched the videos.

shall I send you a video on reading?

You said you watched the vids, etc and decided these people don't know what they are talking about

So after watching 2 videos people have posted and looking up products to buy online for strength training after suggestions, I MUST think they do not know anything.

Hence the capitalization of "MUST", and emphasis on watching 2 videos and looking up strength training products online.

No, I didn't say that.
    There are very few experts on MFP we all just like to "think we are". If I were you I would post your question on Bodybuilder.com. They are professionals more so than not. It's free to create a handle. I get tons of info there. The threads work similar to these.

oh man, if you think that we think we're all experts on here, just wait until you get to bodybuilder.com

eta: OP doesn't even want to lift!!!

BAHAHA! No, I am okay. I really don't have the urge to go on a body building site either.
    Synopsis of this story is you can't help someone who won't help themselves. These poor people spent time trying to help you and respond to you and all you have done is played games with them, and made smart alec comments. You never offered any questions to their responses. Never took anyone seriously, never did anything but throw silly and negative attacks back at them. There were some very nice people here and some very good responses. This is just sad. I hope this didn't ruin it for the ones who TRULY want the help when they ask a question. Enjoy your backfat. With this attitude, you'll always have it. With this I bid you adeu

way to turn all the people disliking you onto me all of a sudden. I don't recall playing hopscotch with anyone but those who were actually being funny.

Thanks!

Oh, and no questions huh? Asking how to get my RMR tested, how much to eat, and how to fix my metabolism and what strength exercises to do are not questions I guess.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Funny... the response I get from guys when they see my six pack, strong shoulders, biceps, and muscled back has not been one of "welcome to the men's room, what's your testosterone at"... but rather... more of a stand at attention response that leads me to believe that its not nearly as manly a look as you might think.

Just an observation.

I wasnt trying to offend any woman that has this...I am saying I personally don't want it for myself. To each their own...and I don't care what "men" think. I want what makes me satisfied. To each their own. Some like apples, while others like pears.

I agree with this comment. It is a look some like, but others don't. We all have different tastes. I wouldn't want it either. I showed a pic of a 6 pack on a woman to a guy and he said, "no man wants to see that." Again, every man and every woman is different and I'm glad she is doing what works for HER and not doing it to get a man's attention.

Thank you OP for the clarification.
    Thank you S_U_M_M_E_R for seeming to imply that may be my motivation.

Whilst I am totally doing this for me, and not solely to 'get' a man, the point I was making was indeed that muscles do not equal manly. If they did then men would find them by and large unatteactive.

Sure some don't find it appealing... but those guys may also be madly in love with back fat

I'm curious tho.. if you find six packs unappealing on a woman, and that's not your goal .. what was your motivation for showing this guy - who is an authority on what all men want - a pic of a woman with a six pack?

I never said nor implied you did it to get a man. I was commenting on someone elses post and I said, " I am glad SHE said she wasn't doing it to get a man." To be honest, I have not even read your post. I missed it. Still haven't read it. The comment was in response to her. . I find muscles on a woman very attractive. The guy I showed was my son and he is 12. LOL. I showed him, bc it was a goal picture and i found it a motivating and attractive look for me. I still like it, but with a bit less muscles in the stomach seeping out than she had. The rest of her was perfect. Guys LOVE her. And I know this, bc she is my friend on FAcebook and she has a site on Fbook. I read the thousands and thousands of posts from men. It is a great look. I am not sure it is for me though. That's all I am saying. It is the Buff Mother aka author of Hormonal Timing which I have been referring to. I do love your comment about "those men liking back fat". That was funny.

Wha? This guy was your 12 yr old? And you DO want a six pack?

Ok. Well. Cheers then?

*note to self: must. Sleep. Easily. Confoosed.
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    S_U_M_M_E_R Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to these men. Hire a FEMALE personal trainer and talk to her. Men don't understand a woman's body. It's not the same. Women's bodies are even designed to hold on to fat in preparation for childbirth. It doesn't know there isn't a famine around the corner. Women even have certain days of the month they should be buffing and certain days of the month they should be boosting. It's based on hormones. Your diet and your workouts should be based on that. How many men can explain that one?

1. Lose more weight.
    3. If you have a back, chest, arms and shoulders, upper body strength training is probably a good idea.

- FROM A WOMAN.

So, what is the miracle it takes to make me lose weight since old-fashioned diet and exercise won't work? And don't tell me patience and dedication....I am about fed up after 13 months.

I find it amusing that you've been trying for 13 months and haven't had the success you want to see, but when people - men AND women - who obviously HAVE had success try to give you advice you insist that No, they're wrong and they don't know what they're talking about.

Good luck with that, coz 13 months or 13 years, it doesn't matter. The definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Disappointing, but I suppose not surprising given the posts.

Welcome to the board after reading so little and assuming so much, did I really tell people they don't know what they are talking about? I replied to someone telling me to lose weight which I thought was ironic.

you know, i reached out to you and sent you a link with some good information. i'm glad to see that you are not going to follow my advice, because that means that there will be more space at the gym for a woman that DOES want to make changes in her life.

You said you watched the vids, etc and decided these people don't know what they are talking about

Hence the capitalization of "MUST", and emphasis on watching 2 videos and looking up strength training products online.

No, I didn't say that.
    There are very few experts on MFP we all just like to "think we are". If I were you I would post your question on Bodybuilder.com. They are professionals more so than not. It's free to create a handle. I get tons of info there. The threads work similar to these.

oh man, if you think that we think we're all experts on here, just wait until you get to bodybuilder.com

Haha! I LOVE Bodybuilder.com. They ARE all experts aren't they, lol. I think it's awesome.
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options

1. Lose more weight.

- FROM A WOMAN.

No, I didn't say that.

BAHAHA! No, I am okay. I really don't have the urge to go on a body building site either.
    Synopsis of this story is you can't help someone who won't help themselves. These poor people spent time trying to help you and respond to you and all you have done is played games with them, and made smart alec comments. You never offered any questions to their responses. Never took anyone seriously, never did anything but throw silly and negative attacks back at them. There were some very nice people here and some very good responses. This is just sad. I hope this didn't ruin it for the ones who TRULY want the help when they ask a question. Enjoy your backfat. With this attitude, you'll always have it. With this I bid you adeu

way to turn all the people disliking you onto me all of a sudden. I don't recall playing hopscotch with anyone but those who were actually being funny.

Thanks!
    Sister, this is my view of how you have behaved all along. "I" didn't turn people on you. YOU are responsible for your own actions. If you feel you are hated, blame yourself. There have been several comments here from frustrated people who have tried to help you. I see now that this was all a game to you and it is upsetting.
  • Cat_Lifts
    Cat_Lifts Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Holy piping hypocrisy, Batman! This is also ironic as hell. Welp, time for bed.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Here's previous client of mine who used to run 7 miles a day. I had her back it down to 3 miles 3 times a week and put her on a strength training program (she never lifted before).

96f1bc12-1c97-4430-8c88-f3698b980a98_zps6d315e90.jpg

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

NOW I would love to know how you got your clients face to look like that, because I have been trying to target facefat. how did you get rid of it?
  • Amoravy
    Options
    Excuse you! Your opinion of me acting sexist is just that, "your opinion". I am not responsible for how you interpret what I type. I am only responsible for what I type. Second of all, I do not take orders from you. I will take nothing back. Thank you for your input.

Then your opinions here to everyone else is also, just your opinion. Which in that case, is utter ****. Good day, ma'am.

WHERE DID YOU GO AND WELCOME BACK!
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options

Funny... the response I get from guys when they see my six pack, strong shoulders, biceps, and muscled back has not been one of "welcome to the men's room, what's your testosterone at"... but rather... more of a stand at attention response that leads me to believe that its not nearly as manly a look as you might think.

Just an observation.

I wasnt trying to offend any woman that has this...I am saying I personally don't want it for myself. To each their own...and I don't care what "men" think. I want what makes me satisfied. To each their own. Some like apples, while others like pears.

I agree with this comment. It is a look some like, but others don't. We all have different tastes. I wouldn't want it either. I showed a pic of a 6 pack on a woman to a guy and he said, "no man wants to see that." Again, every man and every woman is different and I'm glad she is doing what works for HER and not doing it to get a man's attention.

Thank you OP for the clarification.
    Thank you S_U_M_M_E_R for seeming to imply that may be my motivation.

Whilst I am totally doing this for me, and not solely to 'get' a man, the point I was making was indeed that muscles do not equal manly. If they did then men would find them by and large unatteactive.

Sure some don't find it appealing... but those guys may also be madly in love with back fat

I'm curious tho.. if you find six packs unappealing on a woman, and that's not your goal .. what was your motivation for showing this guy - who is an authority on what all men want - a pic of a woman with a six pack?

I never said nor implied you did it to get a man. I was commenting on someone elses post and I said, " I am glad SHE said she wasn't doing it to get a man." To be honest, I have not even read your post. I missed it. Still haven't read it. The comment was in response to her. . I find muscles on a woman very attractive. The guy I showed was my son and he is 12. LOL. I showed him, bc it was a goal picture and i found it a motivating and attractive look for me. I still like it, but with a bit less muscles in the stomach seeping out than she had. The rest of her was perfect. Guys LOVE her. And I know this, bc she is my friend on FAcebook and she has a site on Fbook. I read the thousands and thousands of posts from men. It is a great look. I am not sure it is for me though. That's all I am saying. It is the Buff Mother aka author of Hormonal Timing which I have been referring to. I do love your comment about "those men liking back fat". That was funny.

Wha? This guy was your 12 yr old? And you DO want a six pack?

Ok. Well. Cheers then?

*note to self: must. Sleep. Easily. Confoosed.
    I do NOT want a six pack. I had a book in my car in the passenger's seat and he said, "what is that?" I said that is my new goal and he said, "ew! No guy wants to see that on a chick." It was funny. I only point this out, bc she made it sound like I showed a man in order to win his approval so I corrected her and said I didn't show a "man" he was 12 and my child. This is an example of how conversation is lost via text. She said to me, "why did you show a man a pic of a woman with a 6 pack if it wasn't to "get him". LOL. She was WAAAAY off base.
  • Amoravy
    Options
    Here's previous client of mine who used to run 7 miles a day. I had her back it down to 3 miles 3 times a week and put her on a strength training program (she never lifted before).

IDEA Fitness member

NOW I would love to know how you got your clients face to look like that, because I have been trying to target facefat. how did you get rid of it?

I was totally gonna say that.
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options

Good go. You already told me bye once. so BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! You won't be missed. I don't want to talk to you so don't flatter yourself by trying to get my attention. Gotta love a 22 yr old. Not even an adult until age 24. Skip along little pumpkin.
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

LMAO! Skin bleaching.
  • Cat_Lifts
    Cat_Lifts Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Good go. You already told me bye once. so BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! You won't be missed. I don't want to talk to you so don't flatter yourself by trying to get my attention.

don't flatter yourself by trying to get my attention.

trying to get my attention.

get my attention.

attention

what was that about getting your attention? :glasses:
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Good go. You already told me bye once. so BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! You won't be missed. I don't want to talk to you so don't flatter yourself by trying to get my attention.

How VIP of you.
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options

How VIP of you.
    The fact that your last several comments have ONLY been to me, I would say in YOUR world I must be damn important. You don't see me following you around MFP trying to talk to you, do you? Find someone else to bother. I am not interested. Sorry, don't swing that way.
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Well, this was an entertaining post.

Educational, too; it never occurred to me that you could eat orange peels dried but not candied.
  • Amoravy
    Options
    ]Good go. You already told me bye once. so BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! You won't be missed. I don't want to talk to you so don't flatter yourself by trying to get my attention.

don't flatter yourself by trying to get my attention.

trying to get my attention.

get my attention.

attention

what was that about getting your attention? :glasses:
    22 yr olds are still teenagers. Your brain is not fully developed until age 24. Google it. I know this is fun for you. Weee, you got to say something cute and smart alec to an adult and she actually responded. The fun is over go to bed. Night night pumpkin.

What about a 24-year-old that smokes orange peel?
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Listen - I strength train, err, lift heavy....and I want to show you what the effects can be. I know you want to remain feminine looking and that's all personal preference. I am very feminine looking (believe me, but I can't post *those* photos on here because someone may get offended at how womanly feminine and sexy my backside is when taken in as a whole, heh). So here is the progression -

Before strength training - look at all that back fat:
    71421929-1f35-48f9-aa72-1595d8f3230a_zps80c98b9f.jpg

Then this was after a couple months of cardio only (slimmed down a bit but still back fatty):
    7cb62a73-5b38-4d56-bd23-96d084166b41_zps5410893b.jpg

Then....the magic happens. I started lifting. Here are some unflexed photos.
    319cec7d-c12e-443a-93d7-357e638fdb53_zpsa3f77bda.jpg

2f0bd5db-2a5a-4a8d-9779-04054c3eaaff_zps25ac89b7.jpg

No muffin tops here!
    6d2edb04-9f62-41e8-a00d-d8d9ee3b7a87_zps58d4f68e.jpg

00061ba5-962c-4ed0-8557-c8e7ad57ed37_zps457d2b50.jpg

These are flexed and pumped the morning after a nice shoulder workout - remember, unflexed (above) I don't look like this - this takes a lot of holding my breath and being uncomfortable for a few seconds:

f608c1c2-3f34-404e-b39c-822100e89ca7_zpsf59e763d.jpg

15c07eb7-0761-48fe-8a3a-f6b566e18dcf_zps71268e3b.jpg

So there you have it. This back has been developed through a method of compound lifts - squat, bench, deadlift, row, overhead shoulder press (OHP) along with pull-ups and push-ups and various other accessory lifts and oly lifts. I'm definitely not complaining about my "back fat" anymore. :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    OP: My suggestions:

- be really anal with your logging of food - weigh and measure everything. I am not sure if you do already - just a part of the equation to consider - this video is a bit of an eye-opener: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
    - try to include some resistance training. You do not have to lift heavy weights if you hate it, but at least try to do something that has a good metabolic impact like HIIT
    - see a doctor to rule out thyroid or PCOS (sorry if I missed any reference to this before..this thread was a little confusing)
    - try to get your RMR tested
    - if none of these work (or your RMR comes out low), then, if I were you, I would look to losing weight as a longer term goal but fixing your metabolism first will be your best bet (which may be suppressed after years of dieting - it's called adaptive thermogenics). When you get that up, you will find it easier to lose weight. The video linked earlier by Layne Norton explains it very well.
    - As you lose weight, you will lose the back fat - it just may well be a stubborn area for you. We all have them, just genetics decides where they are.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options

How VIP of you.
    The fact that your last several comments have ONLY been to me, I would say in YOUR world I must be damn important. You don't see me following you around MFP trying to talk to you, do you? Find someone else to bother.

Not important, not interested, it's just that you clearly have marbles for brains, and it's funny to see what shenanigans you'll be spouting off next. Although it IS getting late, and sleep is important for losing back fat!