How to target back fat?

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to these men. Hire a FEMALE personal trainer and talk to her. Men don't understand a woman's body. It's not the same. Women's bodies are even designed to hold on to fat in preparation for childbirth. It doesn't know there isn't a famine around the corner. Women even have certain days of the month they should be buffing and certain days of the month they should be boosting. It's based on hormones. Your diet and your workouts should be based on that. How many men can explain that one?

1. Lose more weight.
    2. Start strength training
    3. If you have a back, chest, arms and shoulders, upper body strength training is probably a good idea.

- FROM A WOMAN.

So, what is the miracle it takes to make me lose weight since old-fashioned diet and exercise won't work? And don't tell me patience and dedication....I am about fed up after 13 months.

I find it amusing that you've been trying for 13 months and haven't had the success you want to see, but when people - men AND women - who obviously HAVE had success try to give you advice you insist that No, they're wrong and they don't know what they're talking about.

Good luck with that, coz 13 months or 13 years, it doesn't matter. The definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Disappointing, but I suppose not surprising given the posts.

Welcome to the board after reading so little and assuming so much, did I really tell people they don't know what they are talking about? I replied to someone telling me to lose weight which I thought was ironic.
    So after watching 2 videos people have posted and looking up products to buy online for strength training after suggestions, I MUST think they do not know anything.

You know what would make you feel better? If you lick my butth*le.

you know, i reached out to you and sent you a link with some good information. i'm glad to see that you are not going to follow my advice, because that means that there will be more space at the gym for a woman that DOES want to make changes in her life.

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. Read the posts...I said I watched the videos.

shall I send you a video on reading?

You said you watched the vids, etc and decided these people don't know what they are talking about
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    This is 100% for a fact and proven. There is a bucket load of information on this. Michele Berger wrote a book on it. It is called, "hormonal timing" If you want to educate yourself on it, then please do so BEFORE saying anything else about something in which you know nothing about. Once you have done your homework IF you care to do your homework I'd love to hear your comments. Otherwise give me evidence that "it is exactly the same for men as it is for women regardless of what time of month it is and prove me wrong". Again, it is called, "hormonal timing". Either way, the ball is in your court. I have done extensive research and I don't care what you chose to do from here on out.

Then what is your response to all the other women here who have had incredibly effective results, if not better, and have never even heard of such a thing of 'hormonal timing' or revolved any of their results around it?

edit: Just went back to read your first posts as well as the men who offered advice, and there was nothing mentioned by any of the guys that was even remotely close to being sexist, whereas you said "Don't listen to these men." No offense but who's acting like the sexist one now?

none of these men said anything even remotely sexist. i am actually offended at you and the other poster claiming that as a WOMAN! when a woman is hypersensitive like that and man bashing it leads to poor communications amongst people and yes, amonghts the sexes. Now take. it. back.
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    S_U_M_M_E_R Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    This is 100% for a fact and proven. There is a bucket load of information on this. Michele Berger wrote a book on it. It is called, "hormonal timing" If you want to educate yourself on it, then please do so BEFORE saying anything else about something in which you know nothing about. Once you have done your homework IF you care to do your homework I'd love to hear your comments. Otherwise give me evidence that "it is exactly the same for men as it is for women regardless of what time of month it is and prove me wrong". Again, it is called, "hormonal timing". Either way, the ball is in your court. I have done extensive research and I don't care what you chose to do from here on out.

Then what is your response to all the other women here who have had incredibly effective results, if not better, and have never even heard of such a thing of 'hormonal timing' or revolved any of their results around it?

edit: Just went back to read your first posts as well as the men who offered advice, and there was nothing mentioned by any of the guys that was even remotely close to being sexist, whereas you said "Don't listen to these men." No offense but who's acting like the sexist one now?

none of these men said anything even remotely sexist. i am actually offended at you and the other poster claiming that as a WOMAN! when a woman is hypersensitive like that and man bashing it leads to poor communications amongst people and yes, amonghts the sexes. Now take. it. back.
    Excuse you! Your opinion of me acting sexist is just that, "your opinion". I am not responsible for how you interpret what I type. I am only responsible for what I type. Second of all, I do not take orders from you. I will take nothing back. Thank you for your input.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to these men. Hire a FEMALE personal trainer and talk to her. Men don't understand a woman's body. It's not the same. Women's bodies are even designed to hold on to fat in preparation for childbirth. It doesn't know there isn't a famine around the corner. Women even have certain days of the month they should be buffing and certain days of the month they should be boosting. It's based on hormones. Your diet and your workouts should be based on that. How many men can explain that one?

1. Lose more weight.
    3. If you have a back, chest, arms and shoulders, upper body strength training is probably a good idea.

- FROM A WOMAN.

So, what is the miracle it takes to make me lose weight since old-fashioned diet and exercise won't work? And don't tell me patience and dedication....I am about fed up after 13 months.

I find it amusing that you've been trying for 13 months and haven't had the success you want to see, but when people - men AND women - who obviously HAVE had success try to give you advice you insist that No, they're wrong and they don't know what they're talking about.

Good luck with that, coz 13 months or 13 years, it doesn't matter. The definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Disappointing, but I suppose not surprising given the posts.

Welcome to the board after reading so little and assuming so much, did I really tell people they don't know what they are talking about? I replied to someone telling me to lose weight which I thought was ironic.
    So after watching 2 videos people have posted and looking up products to buy online for strength training after suggestions, I MUST think they do not know anything.

you know, i reached out to you and sent you a link with some good information. i'm glad to see that you are not going to follow my advice, because that means that there will be more space at the gym for a woman that DOES want to make changes in her life.

You said you watched the vids, etc and decided these people don't know what they are talking about

pretty much. and i didn't send you any videos.
  • Amoravy
    Amoravy Posts: 86 Member
    Options

1. Lose more weight.

- FROM A WOMAN.

Hence the capitalization of "MUST", and emphasis on watching 2 videos and looking up strength training products online.

No, I didn't say that.
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options

1. Lose more weight.

- FROM A WOMAN.

Hence the capitalization of "MUST", and emphasis on watching 2 videos and looking up strength training products online.

No, I didn't say that.
    There are very few experts on MFP we all just like to "think we are". If I were you I would post your question on Bodybuilder.com. They are professionals more so than not. It's free to create a handle. I get tons of info there. The threads work similar to these.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I must think they do Not know anything ....this reads as - they don't know anything
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    There is no way I am giving up half the cardio I am doing. I absolutely love it. I love running for miles with my thoughts and music blaring in my ears. I will try adding 2 days a week of strength training, because honestly...I think any muscle definition in women whether it is arms or stomach is too masculine for my taste.

Don't get me wrong, I want to tighten up...but I don't want biceps or a six pack. I like looking feminine, I just want to be healthier.

well, i think muscle definition in a woman is drop-dead sexy. i like a girl that lifts weight.

and it takes a long time, a very long time to get a six pack or HOOGE biceps. it doesn't happen after a month or even a year of strength training. and even then, it only happens with a calorie surplus.

Funny... the response I get from guys when they see my six pack, strong shoulders, biceps, and muscled back has not been one of "welcome to the men's room, what's your testosterone at"... but rather... more of a stand at attention response that leads me to believe that its not nearly as manly a look as you might think.

Just an observation.

I wasnt trying to offend any woman that has this...I am saying I personally don't want it for myself. To each their own...and I don't care what "men" think. I want what makes me satisfied. To each their own. Some like apples, while others like pears.

I agree with this comment. It is a look some like, but others don't. We all have different tastes. I wouldn't want it either. I showed a pic of a 6 pack on a woman to a guy and he said, "no man wants to see that." Again, every man and every woman is different and I'm glad she is doing what works for HER and not doing it to get a man's attention.

Thank you OP for the clarification.
    Thank you S_U_M_M_E_R for seeming to imply that may be my motivation.

Whilst I am totally doing this for me, and not to 'get a man's attention', the point I was making was indeed that muscles do not equal manly. If they did then men would find them by and large unattractive.

Sure some don't find it appealing... but those guys may also be madly in love with back fat

I'm curious tho.. if you find six packs unappealing on a woman, and that's not your goal .. what was your motivation for showing this guy - who is an authority on what all men want - a pic of a woman with a six pack?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

1. Lose more weight.

- FROM A WOMAN.

No, I didn't say that.
    There are very few experts on MFP we all just like to "think we are". If I were you I would post your question on Bodybuilder.com. They are professionals more so than not. It's free to create a handle. I get tons of info there. The threads work similar to these.

oh man, if you think that we think we're all experts on here, just wait until you get to bodybuilder.com

eta: OP doesn't even want to lift!!!
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options
    There is no way I am giving up half the cardio I am doing. I absolutely love it. I love running for miles with my thoughts and music blaring in my ears. I will try adding 2 days a week of strength training, because honestly...I think any muscle definition in women whether it is arms or stomach is too masculine for my taste.

Don't get me wrong, I want to tighten up...but I don't want biceps or a six pack. I like looking feminine, I just want to be healthier.

well, i think muscle definition in a woman is drop-dead sexy. i like a girl that lifts weight.

and it takes a long time, a very long time to get a six pack or HOOGE biceps. it doesn't happen after a month or even a year of strength training. and even then, it only happens with a calorie surplus.

Funny... the response I get from guys when they see my six pack, strong shoulders, biceps, and muscled back has not been one of "welcome to the men's room, what's your testosterone at"... but rather... more of a stand at attention response that leads me to believe that its not nearly as manly a look as you might think.

Just an observation.

I wasnt trying to offend any woman that has this...I am saying I personally don't want it for myself. To each their own...and I don't care what "men" think. I want what makes me satisfied. To each their own. Some like apples, while others like pears.

I agree with this comment. It is a look some like, but others don't. We all have different tastes. I wouldn't want it either. I showed a pic of a 6 pack on a woman to a guy and he said, "no man wants to see that." Again, every man and every woman is different and I'm glad she is doing what works for HER and not doing it to get a man's attention.

Thank you OP for the clarification.
    Thank you S_U_M_M_E_R for seeming to imply that may be my motivation.

Whilst I am totally doing this for me, and not solely to 'get' a man, the point I was making was indeed that muscles do not equal manly. If they did then men would find them by and large unatteactive.

Sure some don't find it appealing... but those guys may also be madly in love with back fat

I'm curious tho.. if you find six packs unappealing on a woman, and that's not your goal .. what was your motivation for showing this guy - who is an authority on what all men want - a pic of a woman with a six pack?
    I never said nor implied you did it to get a man. I was commenting on someone elses post and I said, " I am glad SHE said she wasn't doing it to get a man." To be honest, I have not even read your post. I missed it. Still haven't read it. The comment was in response to her. . I find muscles on a woman very attractive. The guy I showed was my son and he is 12. LOL. I showed him, bc it was a goal picture and i found it a motivating and attractive look for me. I still like it, but with a bit less muscles in the stomach seeping out than she had. The rest of her was perfect. Guys LOVE her. And I know this, bc she is my friend on FAcebook and she has a site on Fbook. I read the thousands and thousands of posts from men. It is a great look. I am not sure it is for me though. That's all I am saying. It is the Buff Mother aka author of Hormonal Timing which I have been referring to. I do love your comment about "those men liking back fat". That was funny.
  • Amoravy
    Options
    I must think they do Not know anything ....this reads as - they don't know anything

I forget sarcasm is hard to read online.

Even if it says "I MUST not think they know what they are doing."

It's okay, I can do a Sesame Street song if needed next time.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

LMAO! Don't mind her. She eats orange peels which as been tainted with chemicals which cannot be pronounced. And this came from her mouth, not mine.

No it didn't. Nice try. I gave you the chemical composition of oranges and orange peels...period. Nothing added or tainted
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options

LMAO! Don't mind her. She eats orange peels which as been tainted with chemicals which cannot be pronounced. And this came from her mouth, not mine.

No it didn't. Nice try. I gave you the chemical composition of oranges and orange peels...period. Nothing added or tainted
    I can find your comment if necessary.
  • Amoravy
    Options

1. Lose more weight.

- FROM A WOMAN.

No, I didn't say that.

oh man, if you think that we think we're all experts on here, just wait until you get to bodybuilder.com

BAHAHA! No, I am okay. I really don't have the urge to go on a body building site either.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I eat dried orange peels...but the chemical composition with the ingredients you couldn't pronounce was based solely on an orange and an orange peel
  • Amoravy
    Options

I eat dried orange peels...but the chemical composition with the ingredients you couldn't pronounce was based solely on an orange and an orange peel

Are you telling me...if I smoke orange peel, the back fat will melt off?
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options

1. Lose more weight.

- FROM A WOMAN.

No, I didn't say that.

BAHAHA! No, I am okay. I really don't have the urge to go on a body building site either.
    Synopsis of this story is you can't help someone who won't help themselves. These poor people spent time trying to help you and respond to you and all you have done is played games with them, and made smart alec comments. You never offered any questions to their responses. Never took anyone seriously, never did anything but throw silly and negative attacks back at them. There were some very nice people here and some very good responses. This is just sad. I hope this didn't ruin it for the ones who TRULY want the help when they ask a question. Enjoy your backfat. With this attitude, you'll always have it. With this I bid you adeu
  • Cat_Lifts
    Cat_Lifts Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Is that meant for me or Summer? If it's for me you may have misread. I was saying exactly what you did - she's the one who initiated anything sexist, not the guys, by saying "Don't listen to these men" when they were offering advice to help the OP. If it wasn't directed at me and to Summer, then it's all gravy baby!
  • mrs_joshica
    mrs_joshica Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    So this has been said many times on here but for some reason no one seems to pay any attention to the few people that know what they are talking about. I think it may be in hope that someone will vomit out some garbage about "weighted gloves" or carrying midgets on your back and they'll choose to believe it...

So..to reiterate what some of my fallen brethren have already so heroically said on this post:

You CANNOT target fat. It is in your specific genes what fat your body decides to get rid of first relative to the rest of your body.
    There are some similarities between men and some similarities between women when it comes to where most fat is stored and where most fat is lost at first.

SO, OP, if you want to get rid of your back fat, you have to get rid of ALL the other fat your body wants to get rid of first before it even thinks about your back fat.

..In memory of Intelligence

LOL!!!!
  • Cat_Lifts
    Cat_Lifts Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Excuse you! Your opinion of me acting sexist is just that, "your opinion". I am not responsible for how you interpret what I type. I am only responsible for what I type. Second of all, I do not take orders from you. I will take nothing back. Thank you for your input.

Then your opinions here to everyone else is also, just your opinion. Which in that case, is utter ****. Good day, ma'am.