How to target back fat?

Options

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Anyone notice that our friend has neither provided any examples of these alleged sexist comment nor any studies to support her assertions re training/eating differently around our cycles?
    It isn't MY job to provide research. I showed you where to find it. if you want it you'll seek it. So I can say to you the sky is falling and if I post a link to "Chicken Little" you'll believe it? Wow, that 's easy. So you want me to post links and research? That's all it takes huh?

Actually, it is. And yes, that would be nice thank you.

It's what I usually do.
    Well gee, it is very nice to hear what, "you usually do". We all want to be like you. Shouldn't you be eating Chunky Monkey? I think someone called your name and it definitely wasn't me. I'm feeling a little stalked. Creeper!

What on earth are you talking about? I have no idea who you are outside this thread. And what does Chunky Monkey have to do with anything?

I am glad you guys are talking about chunky monkey and not half-baked...because that shizz is DEELISH!

you have to try the phish food!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I guess you didn't see it. A man a few posts up asked you if you wanted some of his "Chunky Monkey". Scroll up.
    I asked because Sara and I share the same love for ice cream and I don't mind sharing with her.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Anyone notice that our friend has neither provided any examples of these alleged sexist comment nor any studies to support her assertions re training/eating differently around our cycles?
    It isn't MY job to provide research. I showed you where to find it. if you want it you'll seek it. So I can say to you the sky is falling and if I post a link to "Chicken Little" you'll believe it? Wow, that 's easy. So you want me to post links and research? That's all it takes huh?

It's what I usually do.
    Well gee, it is very nice to hear what, "you usually do". We all want to be like you. Shouldn't you be eating Chunky Monkey? I think someone called your name and it definitely wasn't me. I'm feeling a little stalked. Creeper!

What on earth are you talking about? I have no idea who you are outside this thread. And what does Chunky Monkey have to do with anything?
    Scroll up to 2:13am. It was Ninerbuff. He asked you if you wanted some of his Chunky Monkey, lol.

now who's doing the stalking?????
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

I wasnt trying to offend any woman that has this...I am saying I personally don't want it for myself. To each their own...and I don't care what "men" think. I want what makes me satisfied. To each their own. Some like apples, while others like pears.

Thats good to hear. The only real difference though is body fat percentage. The muscle is underneath whether you choose to expose it or not. Once you reach the level/look that you want you simply adjust calories to maintenance. Strength training will still allow you to maintain lean body mass while losing the body fat. Without the resistance training your body can, and usually does, get rid of LBM if not convinced it is necessary. You will continue to get smaller or lighter but your body fat % will stay the same or may even increase.
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    S_U_M_M_E_R Posts: 220 Member
    Options

I wasnt trying to offend any woman that has this...I am saying I personally don't want it for myself. To each their own...and I don't care what "men" think. I want what makes me satisfied. To each their own. Some like apples, while others like pears.

Thats good to hear. The only real difference though is body fat percentage. The muscle is underneath whether you choose to expose it or not. Once you reach the level/look that you want you simply adjust calories to maintenance. Strength training will still allow you to maintain lean body mass while losing the body fat. Without the resistance training your body can, and usually does, get rid of LBM if not convinced it is necessary. You will continue to get smaller or lighter but your body fat % will stay the same or may even increase.
    Wow amazing transformation. Good job!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    There is no way I am giving up half the cardio I am doing. I absolutely love it. I love running for miles with my thoughts and music blaring in my ears. I will try adding 2 days a week of strength training, because honestly...I think any muscle definition in women whether it is arms or stomach is too masculine for my taste.

Don't get me wrong, I want to tighten up...but I don't want biceps or a six pack. I like looking feminine, I just want to be healthier.

well, i think muscle definition in a woman is drop-dead sexy. i like a girl that lifts weight.

and it takes a long time, a very long time to get a six pack or HOOGE biceps. it doesn't happen after a month or even a year of strength training. and even then, it only happens with a calorie surplus.

Funny... the response I get from guys when they see my six pack, strong shoulders, biceps, and muscled back has not been one of "welcome to the men's room, what's your testosterone at"... but rather... more of a stand at attention response that leads me to believe that its not nearly as manly a look as you might think.

Just an observation.

I agree with this comment. It is a look some like, but others don't. We all have different tastes. I wouldn't want it either. I showed a pic of a 6 pack on a woman to a guy and he said, "no man wants to see that." Again, every man and every woman is different and I'm glad she is doing what works for HER and not doing it to get a man's attention.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    How to target back fat?
    Ready...take aim...fire..
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMh6eEjqRDtSUBpyzGrcCJnMs9O4zHT7UA7OQondTTK60G-mal
  • Amoravy
    Amoravy Posts: 86 Member
    Options

It's what I usually do.

I am glad you guys are talking about chunky monkey and not half-baked...because that shizz is DEELISH!

you have to try the phish food!!!!

That's my 2nd favorite, yo.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

It's what I usually do.

I guess you didn't see it. A man a few posts up asked you if you wanted some of his "Chunky Monkey". Scroll up.

How was that pertinent to the information that has been requested that you have time and time again tried to dodge? And what are you talking about stalker and creeper...how does that fit into your little delusion?
    YOu are something else. I had you pegged as a 24ish yr old by your dizzy/dramatic comments. I was shocked to see your age. OMG!

Considering my pic is up, I will take the fact that your thought I was 24 as a compliment - thank you :flowerforyou:

Oh, and again...ironic post is ironic

And again...still waiting
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

It's what I usually do.

How was that pertinent to the information that has been requested that you have time and time again tried to dodge? And what are you talking about stalker and creeper...how does that fit into your little delusion?
    YOu are something else. I had you pegged as a 24ish yr old by your dizzy/dramatic comments. I was shocked to see your age. OMG!

Wow...when you can't find ways to back your argument you turn to insults.
  • ParisKennedy
    ParisKennedy Posts: 38 Member
    Options

It's what I usually do.

Wow! You're a genius.
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Entered this thread thinking that Target was having a sale on fatback bacon. Mmmmm, bacon. Damn dyslexia. Never mind.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Sara I'm eating Chunky Monkey right now...............want some?:flowerforyou:

IDEA Fitness member

Now I see the Chunky Monkey post...it got lost in all the quotes....troublemaker :tongue:
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to these men. Hire a FEMALE personal trainer and talk to her. Men don't understand a woman's body. It's not the same. Women's bodies are even designed to hold on to fat in preparation for childbirth. It doesn't know there isn't a famine around the corner. Women even have certain days of the month they should be buffing and certain days of the month they should be boosting. It's based on hormones. Your diet and your workouts should be based on that. How many men can explain that one?

1. Lose more weight.
    2. Start strength training
    3. If you have a back, chest, arms and shoulders, upper body strength training is probably a good idea.

- FROM A WOMAN.

So, what is the miracle it takes to make me lose weight since old-fashioned diet and exercise won't work? And don't tell me patience and dedication....I am about fed up after 13 months.

I find it amusing that you've been trying for 13 months and haven't had the success you want to see, but when people - men AND women - who obviously HAVE had success try to give you advice you insist that No, they're wrong and they don't know what they're talking about.

Good luck with that, coz 13 months or 13 years, it doesn't matter. The definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Disappointing, but I suppose not surprising given the posts.
  • Amoravy
    Amoravy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Entered this thread thinking that Target was having a sale on fatback bacon. Damn dyslexia. Never mind.

Epic win
  • zerot0nin
    zerot0nin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There is no way I am giving up half the cardio I am doing. I absolutely love it. I love running for miles with my thoughts and music blaring in my ears. I will try adding 2 days a week of strength training, because honestly...I think any muscle definition in women whether it is arms or stomach is too masculine for my taste.

Don't get me wrong, I want to tighten up...but I don't want biceps or a six pack. I like looking feminine, I just want to be healthier.

I think this is your problem. Doing a lot of cardio puts a lot of stress on your system and can change the way your body burns fat. Doing strength training is going to build muscle that will burn more fat than just cardio ever will. You're not going to bulk up, look "masculine" or get biceps or a six pack-- I wouldn't worry about that.

Building your overall muscle and targeting your back is going to 1) prevent back problems in the future 2) help define your back a bit and 3) help you "tone" up everywhere.

Try it out for a month or two and see what happens-- If you don't like the results and get too buff you can always just stop and let the hard work melt away...
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    S_U_M_M_E_R Posts: 220 Member
    Options

It's what I usually do.

Funny, you took it as an insult. she took it as a compliment. How are the orange peels?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I asked because Sara and I share the same love for ice cream and I don't mind sharing with her.

IDEA Fitness member

I don't think the poster actually realizes that it is a Ben & Jerry's flavor ice cream!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

It's what I usually do.

Funny, you took it as an insult. she took it as a compliment. How are the orange peels?

What is up with you and orange peels?

Oh, and while it was very clearly an insult, I *chose* to take it as a complement, so don't try to play cute..it isn't working.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to these men. Hire a FEMALE personal trainer and talk to her. Men don't understand a woman's body. It's not the same. Women's bodies are even designed to hold on to fat in preparation for childbirth. It doesn't know there isn't a famine around the corner. Women even have certain days of the month they should be buffing and certain days of the month they should be boosting. It's based on hormones. Your diet and your workouts should be based on that. How many men can explain that one?

1. Lose more weight.
    2. Start strength training
    3. If you have a back, chest, arms and shoulders, upper body strength training is probably a good idea.

- FROM A WOMAN.

So, what is the miracle it takes to make me lose weight since old-fashioned diet and exercise won't work? And don't tell me patience and dedication....I am about fed up after 13 months.

Since you enjoyed my first post so much I'm back to offer you seconds.

If women can't lose weight, someone should inform all the women on my FL that they are special snowflakes. You're talking about old fashioned diet and exercise not working. I suspect your diet and exercise are both suboptimal. You've already said that that you've neglected strength training for over 60% of your body. If you're reading information that tells you that cardio cardio cardio if the solution to fat loss, any other training information you've gleaned from that source is also suspect.

I'd be happy to help you improve your training and diet, I really would...... but it seems my penis disqualifies me from further assistance. I guess you should keep keep listening to that woman that says it's impossible for women to lose fat. At least then, 6 months from now when you still haven't shown progress, you can blame your sex.

he's right. my friend workout out forever and mantained a vegetarian diet and had flab all over. she finally gave in to my suggestions she needs more protein around the same time she got a trainer who of course she told her complaints and he put her on weights. few months later tight all over chin,neck, arms and yes backfat. or backnonfat. the end. I'm a girl so you can beleive me. just do it. it works. you can come back and apologize to the people who jumped in to save you later.