How to target back fat?

Replies

• S_U_M_M_E_R
    S_U_M_M_E_R Posts: 220 Member
    I guess you didn't see it. A man a few posts up asked you if you wanted some of his "Chunky Monkey". Scroll up.
    I asked because Sara and I share the same love for ice cream and I don't mind sharing with her.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Anyone notice that our friend has neither provided any examples of these alleged sexist comment nor any studies to support her assertions re training/eating differently around our cycles?
    It isn't MY job to provide research. I showed you where to find it. if you want it you'll seek it. So I can say to you the sky is falling and if I post a link to "Chicken Little" you'll believe it? Wow, that 's easy. So you want me to post links and research? That's all it takes huh?

Actually, it is. And yes, that would be nice thank you.

It's what I usually do.
    Well gee, it is very nice to hear what, "you usually do". We all want to be like you. Shouldn't you be eating Chunky Monkey? I think someone called your name and it definitely wasn't me. I'm feeling a little stalked. Creeper!

What on earth are you talking about? I have no idea who you are outside this thread. And what does Chunky Monkey have to do with anything?
    I guess you didn't see it. A man a few posts up asked you if you wanted some of his "Chunky Monkey". Scroll up.

How was that pertinent to the information that has been requested that you have time and time again tried to dodge? And what are you talking about stalker and creeper...how does that fit into your little delusion?
    YOu are something else. I had you pegged as a 24ish yr old by your dizzy/dramatic comments. I was shocked to see your age. OMG!

Wow...when you can't find ways to back your argument you turn to insults.
    Funny, you took it as an insult. she took it as a compliment. How are the orange peels?

What is up with you and orange peels?

She brings it up to poke fun at me because with the cultures I grew up with, dried orange peels are not uncommon to eat
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Why has this board led to sex-bashing? I just want my back fat gone.

Holy balls...or tits...

you made it gender oriented when you scoffed at a male offering useful tips. my trainers have always been male and physical therapists as well all of them did amazing things with little to work with. a person's gender does not negate what's in his mind. come on now.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Edited by S_U_M_M_E_R on Wed 03/06/13 12:37 AM

I have to say, this is the most insightful post you've made all night! It wasn't that hard, was it?!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Don't listen to these men. Hire a FEMALE personal trainer and talk to her. Men don't understand a woman's body. It's not the same. Women's bodies are even designed to hold on to fat in preparation for childbirth. It doesn't know there isn't a famine around the corner. Women even have certain days of the month they should be buffing and certain days of the month they should be boosting. It's based on hormones. Your diet and your workouts should be based on that. How many men can explain that one?

1. Lose more weight.
    2. Start strength training
    3. If you have a back, chest, arms and shoulders, upper body strength training is probably a good idea.

- FROM A WOMAN.

So, what is the miracle it takes to make me lose weight since old-fashioned diet and exercise won't work? And don't tell me patience and dedication....I am about fed up after 13 months.

I find it amusing that you've been trying for 13 months and haven't had the success you want to see, but when people - men AND women - who obviously HAVE had success try to give you advice you insist that No, they're wrong and they don't know what they're talking about.

Good luck with that, coz 13 months or 13 years, it doesn't matter. The definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Disappointing, but I suppose not surprising given the posts.

Welcome to the board after reading so little and assuming so much, did I really tell people they don't know what they are talking about? I replied to someone telling me to lose weight which I thought was ironic.
    So after watching 2 videos people have posted and looking up products to buy online for strength training after suggestions, I MUST think they do not know anything.

You know what would make you feel better? If you lick my butth*le.

you know, i reached out to you and sent you a link with some good information. i'm glad to see that you are not going to follow my advice, because that means that there will be more space at the gym for a woman that DOES want to make changes in her life.
  • S_U_M_M_E_R

I have to say, this is the most insightful post you've made all night! It wasn't that hard, was it?!
    I don't know, was it? It seems you made an identical post a few posts up. Was it hard? You go first.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

Holy balls...or tits...

you made it gender oriented when you scoffed at a male offering useful tips. my trainers have always been male and physical therapists as well all of them did amazing things with little to work with. a person's gender does not negate what's in his mind. come on now.

No, that wasn't the OP. That was Summer
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    She brings it up to poke fun at me because with the cultures I grew up with, dried orange peels are not uncommon to eat

Western cultures normally eat citrus peel too it's just in things- like anything lemon or lime flavored, or marmalade. Maybe she doesn't realize?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Anyone notice that our friend has neither provided any examples of these alleged sexist comment nor any studies to support her assertions re training/eating differently around our cycles?
    It isn't MY job to provide research. I showed you where to find it. if you want it you'll seek it. So I can say to you the sky is falling and if I post a link to "Chicken Little" you'll believe it? Wow, that 's easy. So you want me to post links and research? That's all it takes huh?

It's what I usually do.
    Well gee, it is very nice to hear what, "you usually do". We all want to be like you. Shouldn't you be eating Chunky Monkey? I think someone called your name and it definitely wasn't me. I'm feeling a little stalked. Creeper!

What on earth are you talking about? I have no idea who you are outside this thread. And what does Chunky Monkey have to do with anything?

How was that pertinent to the information that has been requested that you have time and time again tried to dodge? And what are you talking about stalker and creeper...how does that fit into your little delusion?
    YOu are something else. I had you pegged as a 24ish yr old by your dizzy/dramatic comments. I was shocked to see your age. OMG!

Funny, you took it as an insult. she took it as a compliment. How are the orange peels?

Kinda makes someone look deranged when they make these references out of context.
  • S_U_M_M_E_R

It's what I usually do.

Kinda makes someone look deranged when they make these references out of context.
    pick up a Psychology Today Magazine or Google this: "Whatever we don't own about ourselves we project onto other people. We see only that which we are".
  • Amoravy
    Amoravy Posts: 86 Member

Holy balls...or tits...

you do know I wasn't the one who brought up males/females being diferent, right? You quoted me this part...but I didn't start the gender bashing.
  • Sarauk2sf

It's what I usually do.

pick up a Psychology Today Magazine or Google this: "Whatever we don't own about ourselves we project onto other people. We see only that which we are".

You like quoting that don't you.

At the risk of repeating myself...ironic post is ironic...bit of a recurring theme going on here.

Oh, and still waiting.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member

I don't know, was it? It seems you made an identical post a few posts up. Was it hard? You go first.

Are you saying I made a post where I edited out my entire inane, nonsensical comment ,so as not to embarrass my crazy *kitten* further? Please, take me to this mythical thread which contains all of these posts which NO ONE ELSE is reading besides you. Does it exist in the 4th dimension? Carol-anne, is that you?
  • Sarauk2sf

Holy balls...or tits...

you do know I wasn't the one who brought up males/females being diferent, right? You quoted me this part...but I didn't start the gender bashing.

FTR: It was not ^^this poster (the OP) who made the ridiculous sexist comments.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,902 Member
    Here's previous client of mine who used to run 7 miles a day. I had her back it down to 3 miles 3 times a week and put her on a strength training program (she never lifted before).

96f1bc12-1c97-4430-8c88-f3698b980a98_zps6d315e90.jpg

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member

Did you just pull the "I know you are but what am I?" "I'm rubber you're glue" card?
  • S_U_M_M_E_R

Holy balls...or tits...

Honestly there was never any gender bashing or rather any intent of it. I also commented that men and women were different and I explained my reasoning to back it up. A man told me I was full of crap on it and I said something like. He is not a woman, he doesn't understand what I am talking about. It really wasn't meant to mean that "men don't know what they are talking about, etc." I meant HE didn't understand what i was talking about. I said, "men" but I didn't mean EVERY man on the planet. I had a date with a man who knew more about hormonal timing than I did. He read about it on Bodybuilder.com I had a male personal trainer and he turned my body upside down and had me in the best shape of my life. Men do understand how to get a woman into shape, there is no question. The principals are the same. But there are few things which I feel make men and women different and I wanted to share that. Along the lines, things got twisted, words misread, etc, etc. Long story short, conversations are hard to interpret via the Internet most times.
  • S_U_M_M_E_R

Did you just pull the "I know you are but what am I?" "I'm rubber you're glue" card?
    [/quote]I did.
  • mrs_joshica
    mrs_joshica Posts: 275 Member
    1. Lose more weight.
    2. Start strength training
    3. If you have a back, chest, arms and shoulders, upper body strength training is probably a good idea.

Yeah, if losing weight was that simple maybe I wouldn't be posting my question in the first place? I eat right, exercise, and havent lost anything in months. I have been doing this for a year and am down only 15 pounds. The scale wont budge.

Thread Translation: I've been following a regimen that's proven to be ineffective. I will keep doing this ineffective program no matter how many people that have had success tell me that I should try something that has been proven to work. I'm asking for advice but what I really want is someone to tell me it's not my fault. Because I'm a woman. And women have it hard.

Oh...and I would not really call my regimen "ineffective" seeing how I now run marathons asswipe. Oh, and I said I lost 3 pants sizes. I am complaining about not melting fat off certain areas. God, how ineffective my workout must be. Let me cry because I am just a girl. That can probably out-run your *kitten*.
    It IS ineffective, because you're not getting the results you want. That's EXACTLY why this thread exists.

Totally agree. Don't be afraid of weights. Women will not lose femininity just but picking up weights, and there is just no magic cure to spot reduce or we'd all be doing it. Why not take the solid advice for a little while and see for yourself?
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    *Some* people don't know what body re-composition is.

/thread