How to target back fat?

Options

Replies

• myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Read this thread in the first instance:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113609-relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner

Alternatively, if you are already relatively lean (say 17% BF as a woman) then you could try "The Stubborn Body Fat Solution" by Lyle McDonald.

Also, while I don't really like this article a huge amount (intellectually) it may put some of your issues in context:

http://members.rachelcosgrove.com/public/The_Final_Nail_in_the_Cardio_Coffin.cfm

(please be warned: I have a penis.)

Bumping my own post so it doesn't get lost in the melee.

Good lord.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I have two back photos in my profile..a before and after..go look..I got that by strength training.

So the weight lifting people on here are correct.
    You're not.
    Period.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    yes please. soft oatmeal raisin
    Only if Sara says you can. You must ask first since you are her follower.

Whoa. Why are you bashing Sara? I must've missed something (or a lot of things) in this thread...Sara rocks...period the end. She's got a bunch of followers because she selflessly offers her time and knowledge to help those who don't have a clue (and those who might have one but are hesitant for whatever reason). I have the utmost respect for that woman and would you believe, I'm not even friends with her on here? Step down girl...no reason to play these games. For real. This has gotten really low. (And so what if she is/was blonde...really?!?)
    The Queen Dizzle has spoken, I must step down from the thrown and leave. Take care! It's been fun (not really).

And you picked someone up a little while ago about *their* spelling...
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to these men. Hire a FEMALE personal trainer and talk to her. Men don't understand a woman's body. It's not the same. Women's bodies are even designed to hold on to fat in preparation for childbirth. It doesn't know there isn't a famine around the corner. Women even have certain days of the month they should be buffing and certain days of the month they should be boosting. It's based on hormones. Your diet and your workouts should be based on that. How many men can explain that one?

1. Lose more weight.
    2. Start strength training
    3. If you have a back, chest, arms and shoulders, upper body strength training is probably a good idea.

- FROM A WOMAN.

ETA:

1. What in the HALE is buffing and boosting??
    2. OP if you want guidance as to why you haven't lost weight during a year of exercising, you should open your diary, providing that it is accurate.
    No one can really comment

^ Another vote for strength training from a woman. The basics are the same for males and females.

Cant help without seeing your diary but I would add:

4. Small calorie deficit

5. Enough protein.
    I am the original poster of this comment here that said, "don't listen to men" and that "women hold more fat" I also added in the post below that I forgot to mention to LIFT WEIGHTS and suggested it. It just didn't get copied along with this quote. I am a woman too. Yes, lift weights. And yes the basics of lifting are the same. That isn't what i was referring to. I said it is harder for women to lose fat based on the fact that we are women and we have babies. I am only talking about women of childbearing age who have not gone through menopause. We hold onto fat in constant preparation for getting pregnant. I said men don't "get that". I said they lose fat easier. For one they have more muscle, two they don't have bodies which hold onto fat for the event they get pregnant. Again STRENGTH TRAIN. There are a lot of sloppy readers here so quick to post a comment without reading .

How sexist are you? Men dont understand that women hold more fat? Are you serious? Get a female trainer? WTF?

Yes women hold more fat than men. We also look leaner at higher BF% Win for us.

Changes nothing about how to retain LBM while losing body fat. Exactly the same process for men and women at all times of the month.
    AT the time I originally wrote this 2 hrs ago, there were two men on here saying sexist things so I told her not to listen to the men. I meant "the two men posting". YOu are very late in coming into the conversation to be commenting on a conversation which occurred hours ago. Second of all, you are 100% incorrect that a female's hormones do not play a part in what type of workout we should be doing and how many calories or carbs we should be eating at certain days of the month. 100% for a fact incorrect. There is a bucket load of information on this. Michele Berger wrote a book on it. It is called, "hormonal timing" If you want to educate yourself on it, then please do so BEFORE saying anything else about something in which you know nothing about. Once you have done your homework IF you care to do your homework I'd love to hear your comments. Otherwise give me evidence that it is exactly the same for men as it is for women regardless of what time of month it is and prove me wrong. Either way, the ball is in your court. I have done extensive research and I don't care what you chose to do from here on out.

What sexist things....please quote them.

How about you providing evidence that we need to train to our 'hormones' to be effective?
    This is the FOURTH time I have posted your evidence. It is in a book and all over the Internet by the name of "Hormonal Timing". You want me to do copy and pastes from websites and the book? Do you know how pointless that would be? Wouldn't you rather Google it and make your own decision. And then you want me to respond about the sexist comments I claim a man said 2 hours ago? Why do I have to explain this to you? Does this have ANYTHING to do with this subject of "back fat?" If my opinion of two men two hours ago was that they said something I took as sexist. Then that is MY business. It really is none of yours. You're only asking, bc you are looking for drama. The men are responsible for what they said. I am responsible for how I took at and you have nothing to do with that.
    Since when does book & Internet = evidence? Where's the science? Do you know what that means?
    YOu will find evidence in the before and after photos and the statements by the doctors and personal trainers and the testimonials. Go to BuffMother.com for a start. She also has a site on Facebook. You can look at the evidence and decide for yourself. I can't help you. You can't believe everything you read. YOu have to do your own research. Ever heard this one, "everything you read on the Internet is true. They can't post anything on the Internet which isn't true. I know this bc I read it on the Internet.". If you want your science, if you want your evidence, you seek it. It isn't about having things handed to you, it is about discovery and deciding for yourself what is true and not true. Do you know what that means?
    We're you ever educated on debating skills? It should be common sense but I guess not. When you come with ideas and opinions rather than facts, but attempt to present them as a holistic truth, you're essentially bringing an unloaded gun to a shootout. Nobody respects people who do that. Nobody with an IQ that has 3 digits at least.
    The fact that you have a misspelled word as the first word of your sentence has already made me lose interest in reading the rest of what you have to say. "We're" should be "were" However, just to humor you, I did read it. You want to talk about IQ with me and begin THAT sentence with the word, "Nobody?" I really don't give a **** what you think. I don't care whether you want to educate yourself on the topic or not. I really don't care to prove anything to you. Don't believe me. Big whoopty doo! Someone from the Internet who is 25 years old and who doesn't know me doesn't respect me. That "somebody" who starts a sentence with the word, "nobody". It's YOUR problem, not mine.
    Auto correct and mis spelling are two very different things, sweetheart.

You really have an age issue, don't you? :) I can't tell if you're 15 and jealous Mummy won't let you drink, or 60 and upset you wasted your life.... Hmm, mysteries are always fun though.

Also, NOBODY here has any respect for your opinions. Maybe time to keep them to yourself.
    Good lord, you misspelled the word, "mis spelling". I really don't care whether you respect me or not. I really don't care whether anyone in this thread respects me. Why would I care about that? I am here to kill time, irritate phucktards like you. Toy with the dingy Sarauk2sf for being a blonde in disguise and have some laughs. Nothing else matters.

Are you making inferences about blonds now?
    You have to ask? You can't figure what you're reading? Has comprehension always been your weak point?

No, I was just wondering how many groups of people you were going to insult in this thread, that's all.

Pretty sure all that's left are Jewish people.
    Lets try this again since you have a problem with comprehension. I FIT somewhere in which I made reference to an appearance. Don't you wonder WHICH one I fit with? Who ever said anything about the Jewish religion? BTW, there are many other groups of people other than four int he world. There are old, there are young ,there are heavy, there are mentally challenged, there are hispanic, there are tall, there are short, there are dwarfs, there are red heads, . . .do I really need to explain this to you? It could take all night.

Actually, I think you're the one with the comprehension problem. So I will spell it out for you. Since you have been in this thread. You have insulted multiple people and groups of people. So many in fact that all you have left to insult is the Jewish people. And I'm sure at some point you will take care of that too. Is good enough or do I have to go even slower?
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    S_U_M_M_E_R Posts: 220
    Options

Whoa. Why are you bashing Sara? I must've missed something (or a lot of things) in this thread...Sara rocks...period the end. She's got a bunch of followers because she selflessly offers her time and knowledge to help those who don't have a clue (and those who might have one but are hesitant for whatever reason). I have the utmost respect for that woman and would you believe, I'm not even friends with her on here? Step down girl...no reason to play these games. For real. This has gotten really low. (And so what if she is/was blonde...really?!?)
    The Queen Dizzle has spoken, I must step down from the thrown and leave. Take care! It's been fun (not really).

Excuse me? What is misspelled? I didn't "pick them up" as you stated. We are on the Internet in different places. I can't pick her up, plus she would probably be to heavy for me to pick up.
  • RachaelKaye4
    RachaelKaye4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    well, i just kept working out (cardio and resistance training) and dieting and my back fat eventually disappeared like the rest of the fat on my body.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options

Excuse me? What is misspelled?

they want you to spell it "throne"
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options

LOL! That would be correct, "throne". And she said, "I picked her up". How would I pick her up? I don't get it.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

As you asked, I assume that I will not get in trouble for correcting someone's grammar, which, by the way, is against the forum rules. It is throne, not thrown.
  • paprikas
    paprikas Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    How ironic that the final words of wisdom on this thread have to come from someone called sociopath!
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options

As you asked, I assume that I will not get in trouble for correcting someone's grammar, which, by the way, is against the forum rules. It is throne, not thrown.
    No one is going to, "get you in trouble". Relax!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I don't care how she spells it. I just find it ironic.
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options
    How ironic that the final words of wisdom on this thread have to come from someone called sociopath!
    In order to better understand why you made this comment, pick up a Psychology Today Magazine or Google this: "Whatever we don't own about ourselves we project onto other people. We see only that which we are".

A quote by Einstein: "A question which sometimes drives me hazy, am I or are the others crazy?"
  • lobstergrrrl
    Options
    Strength training.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    LOL! That would be correct, "throne". And she said, "I picked her up". How would I pick her up? I don't get it.

I am from England originally, it's just a turn of phrase. I assume your reading skills are such that you can work out what I mean from the context.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    If we were on the same side of the world, I'd have THRONE you overboard.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

Too bad he's a guy. His hormones work way differently. That would never work for a woman.
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options

I don't care how she spells it. I just find it ironic.
    If you "didn't care" we wouldn't have had to hear you comment on it. We know you cared. Don't lie. Actions speak louder than words.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    This thing still going??

Amazing.