How to target back fat?

Options

Replies

• Amoravy
    Amoravy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Why has this board led to sex-bashing? I just want my back fat gone.

Holy balls...or tits...
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    1. Lose more fat by maintaining a small deficit, make sure you get enough protein and fat in your diet.
    2. Start strength training.
    3. I'm female and I've lost over 50lbs. So obviously, I'm legit.

*nod*
  • thooks0614
    thooks0614 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Obviously the advice on here is to strength train and I would agree. If you don't think that is going to give you the look you want (even though it will) or give you bicep definition and a six pack by strength training your upper body a couple of times a week (which it won't) Then keep doing what you're doing...
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    1. Lose more fat by maintaining a small deficit, make sure you get enough protein and fat in your diet.
    2. Start strength training.
    3. I'm female and I've lost over 50lbs. So obviously, I'm legit.

*nod*

Oh, and if you opened your diary, you might be able to get specific advice on why what you've been doing for 18mths isn't working.
  • thooks0614
    thooks0614 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    1. Lose more weight.
    2. Start strength training
    3. If you have a back, chest, arms and shoulders, upper body strength training is probably a good idea.

Yeah, if losing weight was that simple maybe I wouldn't be posting my question in the first place? I eat right, exercise, and havent lost anything in months. I have been doing this for a year and am down only 15 pounds. The scale wont budge.

Thread Translation: I've been following a regimen that's proven to be ineffective. I will keep doing this ineffective program no matter how many people that have had success tell me that I should try something that has been proven to work. I'm asking for advice but what I really want is someone to tell me it's not my fault. Because I'm a woman. And women have it hard.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Women seem to carry back fat, especially around their bras. I HATE THAT.

Men carry it too, they just don't wear bras so it doesn't notice as much

OP: lower your body fat percentage, that's the only way. You can't target fat on specific areas of the body, much as we all totally wish that we could!!! I know what areas I'd target if I could.... but it doesn't happen that way. I second all the advice re strength training.... diet plus cardio makes you lighter and thinner, but it doesn't do so much for reducing your body fat percentage. Strength training really helps to reduce your body fat percentage, plus a moderate deficit. Don't undereat, but you still need to eat less than you burn off. Strength training + small calorie deficit = reduced body fat percentage.... when you do that, the fat on problem areas does start to come off... it comes off everywhere, which includes the problem areas, though it may take time (especially for the most stubborn areas)
  • jackieomara
    jackieomara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • Cat_Lifts
    Cat_Lifts Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Holy balls...or tits...

You're joking, right?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Nothing works on it. It just grows there one day and it stays.

completely untrue. a calorie deficit and strength training works. patience works too.
    It is true. Unless you are a female, you can't say for sure. Women are NOT men. Women's bodies are not the same as men's bodies. I am so tired of men who do not understand a woman's body is different who gives advice.

I am a female...can I comment.? He is right....
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to these men. Hire a FEMALE personal trainer and talk to her. Men don't understand a woman's body. It's not the same. Women's bodies are even designed to hold on to fat in preparation for childbirth. It doesn't know there isn't a famine around the corner. Women even have certain days of the month they should be buffing and certain days of the month they should be boosting. It's based on hormones. Your diet and your workouts should be based on that. How many men can explain that one?

1. Lose more weight.
    3. If you have a back, chest, arms and shoulders, upper body strength training is probably a good idea.

- FROM A WOMAN.

ETA:

1. What in the HALE is buffing and boosting??
    2. OP if you want guidance as to why you haven't lost weight during a year of exercising, you should open your diary, providing that it is accurate.
    No one can really comment

^ Another vote for strength training from a woman. The basics are the same for males and females.

Cant help without seeing your diary but I would add:

4. Small calorie deficit

5. Enough protein.

^^this (from a female, who got rid of her back fat doing exactly this)
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Popped in earlier. Saw good replies.
    Checked back again, and total farking trainwreck.

Heavy lifting. Light to moderate cardio. Calorie deficit and good macros. This is what works for human beings. Doesn't matter if your male, female, or transgendered.

But carry on making excuses and rationalizations if that's what will make you feel better.

^This. Why ask for advice and then refute everything that those who have already been successful are telling you?
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm female (so my opinion matters) and have lost 7kg in 8 weeks with a MODERATE calorie deficit (I eat ~2000 a day), intense strength training and very minimal cardio (30 min 3x a week)

PS I love this thread, brilliant.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    1. Lose more weight.

Yeah, if losing weight was that simple maybe I wouldn't be posting my question in the first place? I eat right, exercise, and havent lost anything in months. I have been doing this for a year and am down only 15 pounds. The scale wont budge.

Thread Translation: I've been following a regimen that's proven to be ineffective. I will keep doing this ineffective program no matter how many people that have had success tell me that I should try something that has been proven to work. I'm asking for advice but what I really want is someone to tell me it's not my fault. Because I'm a woman. And women have it hard.

Oh...and I would not really call my regimen "ineffective" seeing how I now run marathons asswipe. Oh, and I said I lost 3 pants sizes. I am complaining about not melting fat off certain areas. God, how ineffective my workout must be. Let me cry because I am just a girl. That can probably out-run your *kitten*.
    It IS ineffective, because you're not getting the results you want. That's EXACTLY why this thread exists.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to help you improve your training and diet, I really would...... but it seems my penis disqualifies me from further assistance.

LOL, a disqualifying penis. Poor little guy. :cry:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    1. Lose more weight.

Oh...and I would not really call my regimen "ineffective" seeing how I now run marathons asswipe. Oh, and I said I lost 3 pants sizes. I am complaining about not melting fat off certain areas. God, how ineffective my workout must be. Let me cry because I am just a girl. That can probably out-run your *kitten*.

He gave you advice and you just zeroed in on him saying to lose more weight - which he meant body fat. He never said it'd be easy. And if the scale isn't budging and you aren't losing in the measurement department- then try something different...like Dav's advice....
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    cardio,weights and nutrition to lose the fat.

The build back muscles.... many workouts available.. including pull ups and chin ups. Works amazing
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    1. Lose more weight.

YOU. CAN. NOT. SPOT. REDUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <-- see all those exclamation points? That for emphasis for your thick-*kitten* information.

You need to lower your body fat and retain your lean body mass if you want to "melt" off your back fat. No one is going to tell you anything different so I don't know why you keep trying it.
  • Amoravy
    Amoravy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    cardio,weights and nutrition to lose the fat.

The build back muscles.... many workouts available.. including pull ups and chin ups. Works amazing

rowing?
  • Cat_Lifts
    Options
    double post woops.
  • Cat_Lifts
    Options

Holy balls...or tits...

You're joking, right?

Maybe because you need to change up your regimen? You can't keep the same resistance and x pounds lost later, still expect it to continue to work after a certain amount of weight is gone. You have back fat. Know what back fat is included in? Body fat %. Lower your body fat %, lower and help lose your back fat. If you don't change up what you're doing, you yourself are not going to change either. Given firsthand after a month of doing some Jillian Michaels, I had lost an inch around my bust, and my back was firmer/less flabby. If you're that freaked out from any type of use of weights and having any type of muscle gained, good luck losing it, lol. Most chicks that have that lack of back fat either have awesome genetics or, most likely, tone their muscles with some type of weight training.[/quote]
    [/quote]