"Women Can't Lift Heavy"

Replies

• RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Women shouldn't lift heavy. If they do then they won't have any use for me when the pickle jar needs to be opened. And therefore ending all the things I was good for in the first place.

Someone will still need to take out the trash and mow the lawn. I hate those chores. :drinker:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    And while you may think her thighs are "too big", it seems kind of silly to pick one body point for reference to call the rest of what is a fairly small person "huge".

BTW, my glasses are on and the prescription is accurate ;)

What I said: she's big
    What you heard: she's too big

You didn't say she was big. You said she was huge ... in bold font! Who are you kidding with that "I just said she was big" garbage? YOU are the one who needs glasses. And a reality check, apparently.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Women shouldn't lift heavy. If they do then they won't have any use for me when the pickle jar needs to be opened. And therefore ending all the things I was good for in the first place.

No, we still need you to look manly, it it makes us look and feel feminine in your arms.

(see what I did there. Did ya?)

How can I look manly without my pickles?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

No, we still need you to look manly, it it makes us look and feel feminine in your arms.

You've got more than one??? O.O

How YOU doin'? :tongue: :laugh:
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    I have found my new idol in Samantha Wright. :love:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ETA: I'd like to see that...
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Yea this girl is huge... yoked, jacked, ripped, beast mode, whatever you want to call it. I try to keep my arguing with the internet to a minimum, but look at her; if you don't think she's big, you need a new pair of glasses.

samantha_wright_11.jpg

Like I said, good for her.

Seriously? There is nothing on her that isn't just mind-blowing hot...including the fact that she could probably outlift me.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member

*gets in the line*
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member

You can follow all us strong girls around shouting motivational and complimentary things. I always lift heavier when someone Pushes me.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    I like what I like. We all find different things attractive, no? I like looking and feeling feminine in my man's arms, weather I'm naked or wearing a 40s gown. My definition might be different than yours but it 's what makes me happy. :)

There's liking what you like, and there's liking what you like and putting down something that isn't what you like. Ascribing anything remotely muscular (and by muscular, I mean having a low body fat % without having less LBM) as being not feminine is dismissive. Yes, we can all have different definitions of a subjective term like that, and no, you didn't outrightly say she ISN'T feminine, but when you say you are "scared" of a body part and that you prefer a look that is different than hers (than put that "feminine" label on it), that's going to seem like shade.

Particularly when people aren't getting upset because someone found someone else unattractive by their standards. People are upset that pretty loaded terms ("big," "huge," "scary") were applied to an already (unfortunately) "controversial" aesthetic. And this thread wasn't even about, "Wow, this woman is sexy; all other looks are not!" (and I would argue that many of the "lifting is sexy!" threads aren't, either, but often get warped into that by comments like these); this thread was, "Women get told they can't lift heavy, and here's an awesome one who can!"

You are absolutely right. I am sorry. I got distracted by the tight suit and her pretty face. It's just where we men go.
    You say she lifts?
  • My ex-husband jokes about my shoulders because I am one of those women that gains muscle fast. I know I won't be built like a man without the use of steroids or anything. However, going to a friend's wedding I was wearing a suit and I asked how I looked... he said "You could take the shoulder pads out" I looked him at him "I am not wearing shoulder pads"... Yep, that's me!

Of course, now I own it. It's how I am built. I can build pretty big muscle and there's nothing wrong with that! Hell, it means I can also sit around and STILL burn calories in between workouts!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Here we go again.
    How long before someone starts insulting her boobs?

I for one just ignore the people that put down other body types with the excuse 'Its not my preference'. Anyone that doesn't see that it is just as bad to demean fit/muscular/athletic body types. You aren't going to change their minds.

edited for the moderators
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member

*gets in the line*

All these ladies trying to get their hands on my pickles.:bigsmile:

whyNumDl.jpg
  • kylTKe
    kylTKe Posts: 146 Member
    And while you may think her thighs are "too big", it seems kind of silly to pick one body point for reference to call the rest of what is a fairly small person "huge".

You didn't say she was big. You said she was huge ... in bold font! Who are you kidding with that "I just said she was big" garbage? YOU are the one who needs glasses. And a reality check, apparently.
    ... but don't try to deny the fact that she's big. ...

2hz0hn5.jpg
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member

The answer to pickle jars is a piece of non-slip cloth. Less high maintenance than a man.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member

*gets in the line*

All these ladies trying to get their hands on my pickles.:bigsmile:

whyNumDl.jpg

This immediately made me think of silence of the lambs when clarice finds that head in the jar.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

... but don't try to deny the fact that she's big. ...

2hz0hn5.jpg

Nice selective quoting - your very first post in it's entirety:
    For the record, that girl is huge. Whether you're into that or not is a personal thing, but don't try to deny the fact that she's big. Good for her tho, she's a beast.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Oh, and come someone more GIFted than I move the gifs from the bottom of this http://www.pophangover.com/2012/07/24/samantha-wright-americas-cutest-weightlifter/
    into this thread. She moves cute too. (I apologise for objectifying this amazing woman, but until I get the chance to know her in person, that's the way it will be :love:)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Amanda Harris is amazing. :love:
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Who doesn't look huge wearing lycra?