Replies

• thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    hey..

0b2f377b-c6b9-46eb-9b20-c7a7c44aecf6.jpg

too big!

perfect PERFECT! GIVE ME YOUR BACK!

WHAT?!? someone called MY back perfect!? :noway: I am so.. i... omg.. I'd like to thank my mom, and my mangers, and most of all, i couldn't do this without my fans..:tongue:

thank you sweets, you can haz it.
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    [/quote]

WHAT?!? someone called MY back perfect!? :noway: I am so.. i... omg.. I'd like to thank my mom, and my mangers, and most of all, i couldn't do this without my fans..:tongue:

[/quote]

lol!!!.....Your back is rocking!
  • michelle_00
    Options
    here's my back progress pic! Loving the backs in this thread for motivation! :happy:
    e8396b98-8722-46f3-ac89-13a9df66a604.jpg

Edit to make it not so huge lol
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    AWESOME THREAD!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    here's my back progress pic! Loving the backs in this thread for motivation! :happy:
    Downloads.jpg

Umm you are the motivation. Amazing work lady.
  • michelle_00
    Options

Umm you are the motivation. Amazing work lady.

thanks!
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    20130305_213424_zps295f14ce.jpg
    :noway:

Wow. Just wow.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    I took pictures this morning so I could share...

I'm more proud of my front view shoulders/arms and this is the first back picture I have taken to share...

Here goes:

20130307_080709-1.jpg
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    So this is obviously a result of lifting. But what KIND of lifting....... where does a runner with no experience with weights over 5lbs start?

Sorry... I'm a new kid. See above ^

1. Get familiar with your own body weight.
    2. Google NerdFitness - Strength training 101 - it's two parts written by my heavy lifting hero Staci

or just go here:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/02/28/strength-training-101/

This is the simple explanation to help you understand the whys and hows of what you'll be doing. It's a short, fun, engaging read.

Then go here if you want someone to point out each part of the weight room and what you'd use it for and what it will do for you and what it's called so you dont feel silly:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/03/05/101-equipment/

3. Then you get a notebook, or join fitocracy, or get a favorite gym notes tracking app and adopt it to pieces. Love it, write all over it, make it obviously your own and be determined to fill the whole thing with your building history of progress.

4. Go and start. If you dont want an audience, try going on a weekday the minute the gym opens early.

5. Take pictures of yourself not just for form, but so you can see yourself achieving what was impossible for your body last week and you will get a swell of pride every time you look at it.* optional

6. Take the time to see which stuff you like doing together and through trial and error and success, put together four workouts around Bench Press (Chest press), OverHead Press (Standing barbell Shoulder Press), Squats and Deadlifts. Each of the four workouts can be under and hour. Include a LEGITIMATE warm up - because you dont want to jump into lifting these weights with dry cold brittle unlubricated joints. (Here is a great warm-up http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/01/09/warm-up/) and a cool down and use the foam roller on your legs (top bottom inside and out) at least once a week. You'll find yourself enjoying putting together workouts like switching around puzzle pieces.

Start with the bare barbell or a curling bar if you have to. Dont feel bad. This barbell is going to be your best friend. Youre going to be doing a LOT together. Get to know each other well. get comfortable. Learn what grips feel good. Familiarize yourself with the weight.

Add a little each week. After 3 steady weeks, have a light week and work on form and endurance. Start the next four week cycle.

7. CELEBRATE EVERYTHING

8. Watch yourself become so focused on the movement and the weights that all of a sudden, you notice, after watching your form for a minute... that holy wow LOOK AT MY BODY CHANGING!!!!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    2. Google NerdFitness - Strength training 101 - it's two parts written by my heavy lifting hero Staci

or just go here:

This is the simple explanation to help you understand the whys and hows of what you'll be doing. It's a short, fun, engaging read.

Then go here if you want someone to point out each part of the weight room and what you'd use it for and what it will do for you and what it's called so you dont feel silly:

3. Then you get a notebook, or join fitocracy, or get a favorite gym notes tracking app and adopt it to pieces. Love it, write all over it, make it obviously your own and be determined to fill the whole thing with your building history of progress.

4. Go and start. If you dont want an audience, try going on a weekday the minute the gym opens early.

5. Take pictures of yourself not just for form, but so you can see yourself achieving what was impossible for your body last week and you will get a swell of pride every time you look at it.* optional

6. Take the time to see which stuff you like doing together and through trial and error and success, put together four workouts around Bench Press (Chest press), OverHead Press (Standing barbell Shoulder Press), Squats and Deadlifts. Each of the four workouts can be under and hour. Include a LEGITIMATE warm up - because you dont want to jump into lifting these weights with dry cold brittle unlubricated joints. (Here is a great warm-up http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/01/09/warm-up/) and a cool down and use the foam roller on your legs (top bottom inside and out) at least once a week. You'll find yourself enjoying putting together workouts like switching around puzzle pieces.

Start with the bare barbell or a curling bar if you have to. Dont feel bad. This barbell is going to be your best friend. Youre going to be doing a LOT together. Get to know each other well. get comfortable. Learn what grips feel good. Familiarize yourself with the weight.

Add a little each week. After 3 steady weeks, have a light week and work on form and endurance. Start the next four week cycle.

7. CELEBRATE EVERYTHING

8. Watch yourself become so focused on the movement and the weights that all of a sudden, you notice, after watching your form for a minute... that holy wow LOOK AT MY BODY CHANGING!!!!
    Thank you for going out of your way to put all that together, just to help and encourage someone who is just getting started.:flowerforyou:
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Always knew I had a thing for big shoulders but I think I'm a back addict now :blushing:
  • Honolululips
    Honolululips Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I only just started working out with weights and you can see I still have some fat in my arms but my back is definitely more defined already

2ngr9fd.jpg
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    This thread is as much a display of hips as backs, and I'm OK with that.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    There are some amazing backs in here. Very inspiring to add some size to mine.

Back2-25581x640363x400_zpsc50cc9dd.jpg

Back10-2333x500266x400_zpsdf60034b.jpg
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    So this is obviously a result of lifting. But what KIND of lifting....... where does a runner with no experience with weights over 5lbs start?

Sorry... I'm a new kid. See above ^

or just go here:

7. CELEBRATE EVERYTHING

thank you SO MUCH for writing this all down. :)

also, to everyone on here.. DAMN. you guys and gals got some sexy backs. :love:
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Wow- awesome!!!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I'll be able to get in here some day. Nice work folks.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Still lots to improve on, but I'll play.....

6dc2bfe4-6579-4315-b908-8e3abab6e1d6_zpse8bb13e3.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    20130305_213424_zps295f14ce.jpg

Holy lat spread!
  • rjh1975
    rjh1975 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My back might be my favourite part of me right now :smile:

b1584a04-eb3c-45d3-a073-7f19b031203f_zps1d840722.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!