Meat & non-eat meaters (READ ME)

Options

Replies

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Because heating a burger in a microwave to me would be considered a left over.
    And it really ain't a burger to me if it ain't got meat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

LOL you can cook them on the grill or skillet. My dad cooks mine out on the grill.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Plus, I'm allergic to wheat. So....yea.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'd eat Morning Star vegan burgers if they ditched the questionable ingredients.

MorningStar Farms® Grillers® Vegan Veggie Burgers
    Ingredients:
    WATER, TEXTURED SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, CORN OIL, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, VEGETABLE GUM, NATURAL FLAVORS FROM VEGETABLE SOURCES, MALTODEXTRIN, SOY FIBER, SALT, CARRAGEENAN, POTATO STARCH, ONION POWDER, CARAMEL COLOR, DISODIUM INOSINATE, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, KONJAC FLOUR, SUNFLOWER OIL, SESAME SEED OIL, SOY SAUCE (WATER, SOYBEANS, WHEAT, SALT), CONCENTRATED ONION JUICE, ASCORBIC ACID, VINEGAR POWDER, CITRIC ACID, ASPARTIC ACID, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, MALIC ACID, SUCCINIC ACID, TARTARIC ACID, LACTIC ACID, WHEAT FLOUR, SOY LECITHIN.

^^I agree with this. I eat only real foods for the most part not chemicals. In my opinion meat > chemicals.

Meat is treated with chemicals, not to mention the animals are chalk full of them in most cases.

Not the deer steaks I have thawed in my fridge that are going on the grill tonight!

Lol bc you went hunting instead of injecting them with chemicals.. But I've never ate deer.. I'm a meat eater but it's out of my box of meats. Feel like I'm eating Bambi. lol then again... when you eat a pig you feel like your eating the pig off Charlottes web.

Yes I did hunt for some of my meat. I like being connected to my food source as much as possible. That way I know exactly what I am consuming. Also, there are many ways to get meat not treated with growth hormones. I personally go to a local Menonite family and buy a portion of a cow and they process it like I want then throw it in the freezer.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Because when I want a burger I want a meat burger. Not a veggie burger. Not a tofu burger. Not some weird thing that someone calls a burger. I want 1/4 lb of meat with all the fixin's.

Hey now! My veggie burger is pretty darn delicious - not weird! But I wouldn't be able to make a fair comparison cuz I've never tasted meat! You should try my veggie burger though :D Not marketing...only try if you want to :)
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    GMO and chemicals and addiditives.. oh yum!!!

Bacon anyone?? mmmmmm bacon...

Also.. soy is not really good for you..

LOl I LOVE when people bring up the "soy is bad" argument. It's so funny! I'm sure eating meat pumped full of antibiotics, hormones, blood, pus, and feces is MUCH healthier for me! As long as it's "lean" right?
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    So the point of this post?

To bring out all the people who are going to be snarky to vegetarians and vegans?

I personally am vegan and I don't care if someone wants to eat meat. It's my choice and I'm not going to try to guilt or influence someone to go vegan but if someone asks I'd be happy to talk to them about it.

As others have mentioned there are a lot of questionable ingredients in some vegan/veggie foods and so you have to take personal responsibility to make sure you're getting quality food, which, to the best of my knowledge, works for meat eaters too.

There are crap quality foods no matter what your choice.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm going to invent a vegetable substitute made entirely out of meat.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

LOl I LOVE when people bring up the "soy is bad" argument. It's so funny! I'm sure eating meat pumped full of antibiotics, hormones, blood, pus, and feces is MUCH healthier for me! As long as it's "lean" right?

meat full of feces?
    what kind of meat are you having?
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

Soy is only harmful in large quantities... and a lot of vegetarian/vegan products contain non GMO soy.

I don't consume soy often so when I do I don't worry about it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Because heating a burger in a microwave to me would be considered a left over.
    And it really ain't a burger to me if it ain't got meat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

LOL you can cook them on the grill or skillet. My dad cooks mine out on the grill.

No, you can't cook them on a grill because they are pre-cooked.

You can reheat them on a grill or skillet. Reheating and cooking are very different things.
  • citizencrp
    citizencrp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Because The processed "veggie" products are Full of allergens.
    SOY SOY SOY, Ugh. It's too much. Why is it in Every single packaged food item?!

Agree with numerous previous posters, Though I used to enjoy mixing these convenience foods into my diet until adult onset food allergies hit me hard and I started to pay attention to A) Common allergens and B) all the processed mystery crap plus salt they put into these delicious foods.
    Now I realize simple is better.

Do not even get me started on Quorn. That is poison. I had a massive toxic reaction to eating that soy-free meat replacement (but it was yummy going down)
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I'm going to invent a vegetable substitute made entirely out of meat.

brofist.jpg
  • jonnythan
    Options

They pump pus and feces into your meat? Good lord.

Also, I didn't realize it was bad to pump blood into meat. The animals kinda do that to themselves.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

To bring out all the people who are going to be snarky to vegetarians and vegans?

I personally am vegan and I don't care if someone wants to eat meat. It's my choice and I'm not going to try to guilt or influence someone to go vegan but if someone asks I'd be happy to talk to them about it.

As others have mentioned there are a lot of questionable ingredients in some vegan/veggie foods and so you have to take personal responsibility to make sure you're getting quality food, which, to the best of my knowledge, works for meat eaters too.

You said it well!

I am vegetarian however I don't speak about my dietary choices unless asked. My in laws ask about it often as they have always eaten meat and haven't really known a vegetarian. They ask because they are curious. When I respond I don't preach that my way is the right way because it's not but it is the right thing for me.

As said above, there can be questionable ingredients regardless of whether you eat meat or not.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan and find this thread to be obnoxious.

What did you expect, OP? People to look up and say "yeah, you know that sounds like a great idea". All this does is gives people a venue to sing praises for meat.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    This is the recipe for nuggets I make at home, and they are delicious.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/healthy-baked-chicken-nuggets.html
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have nothing against vegetarian/vegan options and in fact, often choose to eat non-meat meals; but because I live in a state that stridently encourages non-GMO fruits & grains (including those that are fed to cattle), and offers farm-to-table and free-range meats (cattle, poultry and fish), I really love the taste and haven't eliminated them from my diet. Sometimes it can't be helped, but I generally avoid foodstuffs that come in boxes, cans and/or styrofoam packaging. Morningstar and BocaBurgers are processed foods and taste terrible.

There are vegetarians/vegans who will claim that their lifestyle is the healthier way. However, my health is excellent , my numbers are very good. My choices seem to be working for me so I really have no intention of fixing something that isn't broken. :smile:
  • beautifulregardless
    Options

Lol.. no. What's the point of your comment? My point was TRYING to help people & though everyone made great points.. between the hormones blood feces in real meat & the questionable ingredients in the vege burgers.. My intention was to give advice... now I will say my point of view has changed but no I wasn't trying to get snarky people into this..

Lol this is the INTERNET. Everyone being all serious? Geesh.. I wish you'd calm down. It's ridiculous.. xD
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I like eating meat, I also like eating veggies and veggie versions of things such as veggie lasagne etc, everything in moderation right?

Not keen on posts that sound like advert though.

I'm not anti anything (ok not strictly 100% true), enjoy what you like but why bother trying to change everyone else’s opinion?

Re the faeces thing, i think that's in relation to Ikea scandal in Europe at the moment

edited for annoying typo
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I like meat so....... I'm just going to eat meat.