Meat & non-eat meaters (READ ME)

Options

Replies

• beautifulregardless
    Options
    I'm vegan and find this thread to be obnoxious.

What did you expect, OP? People to look up and say "yeah, you know that sounds like a great idea". All this does is gives people a venue to sing praises for meat.

Lol ... Drama, drama, drama.

It is obnoxious... Your comment is obnoxious too.
    So it's hypocritical of you to say the post is when you are.

Lol it's the INTERNET as I just typed. Relax, geesh. You don't like this topic? Click the X. That's the simple thing about the internet. You can SIMPLY x out your problem. Save the drama for real life, lol. But as most people do, it's easier to fight a battle over the internet, right? Hiding behind a screen?
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    So the point of this post?

To bring out all the people who are going to be snarky to vegetarians and vegans?

I personally am vegan and I don't care if someone wants to eat meat. It's my choice and I'm not going to try to guilt or influence someone to go vegan but if someone asks I'd be happy to talk to them about it.

As others have mentioned there are a lot of questionable ingredients in some vegan/veggie foods and so you have to take personal responsibility to make sure you're getting quality food, which, to the best of my knowledge, works for meat eaters too.

There are crap quality foods no matter what your choice.

Lol.. no. What's the point of your comment? To be an *kitten*? My point was TRYING to help people & though everyone made great points.. between the hormones blood feces in real meat & the questionable ingredients in the vege burgers.. My intention was to give advice... now I will say my point of view has changed but no I wasn't trying to get snarky people into this..

Lol this is the INTERNET. Everyone being all serious? Geesh.. I wish you'd calm down. It's ridiculous.. xD

The poster was trying to be an *kitten*? How about that's how your comment comes across. This is the internet, as you stated.. everyone has their own opinions and shouldn't be called an *kitten* when they express them.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

What did you expect, OP? People to look up and say "yeah, you know that sounds like a great idea". All this does is gives people a venue to sing praises for meat.

Lol it's the INTERNET as I just typed. Relax, geesh. You don't like this topic? Click the X. That's the simple thing about the internet. You can SIMPLY x out your problem. Save the drama for real life, lol. But as most people do, it's easier to fight a battle over the internet, right? Hiding behind a screen?

Poster one: valid criticism
    Poster two: RELAX YOU'RE OBNOXIOUS

Geez. Settle down people.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I love meat :) And potatoes!

I also like Morning Star stuff, too...but it is loaded with not so good of stuff, too.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

If you don't like the comments on this thread ignore them instread of posting rude responses. Take your own advice.. ignore a response you don't like. It seems as though you seem to be greating more drama than anyone else posting on this thread.
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

To bring out all the people who are going to be snarky to vegetarians and vegans?

I personally am vegan and I don't care if someone wants to eat meat. It's my choice and I'm not going to try to guilt or influence someone to go vegan but if someone asks I'd be happy to talk to them about it.

As others have mentioned there are a lot of questionable ingredients in some vegan/veggie foods and so you have to take personal responsibility to make sure you're getting quality food, which, to the best of my knowledge, works for meat eaters too.

Lol.. no. What's the point of your comment? To be an *kitten*? My point was TRYING to help people & though everyone made great points.. between the hormones blood feces in real meat & the questionable ingredients in the vege burgers.. My intention was to give advice... now I will say my point of view has changed but no I wasn't trying to get snarky people into this..

Lol this is the INTERNET. Everyone being all serious? Geesh.. I wish you'd calm down. It's ridiculous.. xD

Love that point in a bad thread when the OP, while taking the internet too seriously, accuses others of taking the internet too seriously.
  • beautifulregardless
    Options
    I like eating meat, I also like eating veggies and veggie versions of things such as veggie lasagne etc, everything in moderation right?

Not keen on posts that sound like advert though.

I'm not anti anything (ok not strictly 100% true), enjoy what you like but why bother trying to change everyone else’s opinion?

Re the faeces thing, i think that's in relation to Ikea scandal in Europe at the moment

edited for annoying typo

I like all food. Lol. Almost all food. I like meat. Here, everyone I hope you read this.

Rephrase: Why not try something different? Something full of veges & it's quite delicious at that? NOT FOR EVERY MEAL OF COURSE. ENJOY YOUR MEATS TOO BUT NOTHING WRONG WITH TRYING SOMETHING NEW."

ok, now everyone needs to chill,lol.

Rephrase # 2 after everyones opinions: This product people cannot agree if GMOS are good or bad. Some say this is better because no feces, blood and hormones. Some say it's bad because of questionable ingredients..

If you're that worried, go read up. We have google.

****, i should have used google before typing my topic & asked "What do you prefer? Meat or this?"

Lol. But I regret nothing. Never.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I have to also question the OP....what did you expect? People to say "you know what, you're right, why do I need to eat an animals ALL the time when I can get a similar taste and not?" - said no non-vegetarian ever.

It just became a venue for people to talk *kitten* about people that choose not to eat animals and claim eating animals is soooo much healthier. Let me tell you all who eating animals isn't healthy for THE ANIMAL!
  • beautifulregardless
    Options

Love that point in a bad thread when the OP, while taking the internet too seriously, accuses others of taking the internet too seriously.

Lol, i'm not taking anything serious. I'm holding my daughter, eating a vege burger & replying to some cool comments with people giving advice & sending me yummy recipes. :) & Replying to comments like these, which is funny b/c you're taking it all too seriously . :)
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    The soy argument is real for people who have health issues. Because of my female issues, my doctor told me to cut out soy and my hormones have regulated on their own.

You can get a vegetarian without eating processed soy products.

I like meat. I just don't like how I feel when I eat it. And I don't care what others put in their body.
  • beautifulregardless
    Options

If you don't like the comments on this thread ignore them instread of posting rude responses. Take your own advice.. ignore a response you don't like. It seems as though you seem to be greating more drama than anyone else posting on this thread.

Why ignore them if they are here? Posted towards me? Lol. She asked me a question, I answered it. I'm saying if you click on MY topic & don't like it? Go away then. Drop your opinion all you want but there's no reason to be rude. Now if I was rude to someone, they have 100% right to be rude to me but I wasn't. I was trying to help. But then she's rude? So I'll be rude too. :)
  • beautifulregardless
    Options
    The soy argument is real for people who have health issues. Because of my female issues, my doctor told me to cut out soy and my hormones have regulated on their own.

You can get a vegetarian without eating processed soy products.

I like meat. I just don't like how I feel when I eat it. And I don't care what others put in their body.

True :) I'm still going to buy Morning Star but I'm going to make some HEALTHIER ones at home too. :)
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    X7PSjxN.jpg
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I like eating meat, I also like eating veggies and veggie versions of things such as veggie lasagne etc, everything in moderation right?

I'm not anti anything (ok not strictly 100% true), enjoy what you like but why bother trying to change everyone else’s opinion?

Re the faeces thing, i think that's in relation to Ikea scandal in Europe at the moment

edited for annoying typo

I like all food. Lol. Almost all food. I like meat. Here, everyone I hope you read this.

Rephrase: Why not try something different? Something full of veges & it's quite delicious at that? NOT FOR EVERY MEAL OF COURSE. ENJOY YOUR MEATS TOO BUT NOTHING WRONG WITH TRYING SOMETHING NEW."

Rephrase # 2 after everyones opinions: This product people cannot agree if GMOS are good or bad. Some say this is better because no feces, blood and hormones. Some say it's bad because of questionable ingredients..

****, i should have used google before typing my topic & asked "What do you prefer? Meat or this?"

I'm not anit-vegetarian or anti-vegan. To each thier own. However.. just as with my chosen diet.. there are good choices and not-so-good choices. I'd eat a veggie burger, if I knew it wasn't processed.. which.. it pretty much has to be processed right? I eat so little beef that my friends think i'm that vegetarian that eat poultry and fish. lol I forget what that one is called. But I'm not. I'll eat a steak.. but I actuallly like the steak you get in Amish country the best. (tastes totally different then what you get at the grocery store!)

Also.. if I'm gonna eat fake-chicken nuggets that taste like chicken.. i'm just goona eat real chicken nuggets. Also, there's usually a lot of salt in those types of foods. Salt is something we are trying to limit. Also.. if I'm gonna eat more veggies i'm gonna grab a bag of carrots or celery or roast some beets with some galic or sautee some asapargus.. mmmmmm...

Again i'll say.. Bacon?? (natual uncured bacon please from a pig) mmmm bacon.. i'm gonna have to go get bacon this weekend. Oh.. and blackberry pancakes mmmm pancakes.... damn now I want breakfast! LOL
  • beautifulregardless
    Options
    I have to also question the OP....what did you expect? People to say "you know what, you're right, why do I need to eat an animals ALL the time when I can get a similar taste and not?" - said no non-vegetarian ever.

It just became a venue for people to talk *kitten* about people that choose not to eat animals and claim eating animals is soooo much healthier. Let me tell you all who eating animals isn't healthy for THE ANIMAL!

I'm sorry /: I didn't mean for you to get your feelings hurt. I've posted a thousand times I was trying to post what I thought was healthier.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm sure most all of you have heard of Morning Star foods.
    Why not substitute?
    On a night you're going to have burgers, why not have a vege burger? They are so delicious.
    Chicken nuggets, why not Morning Stars?
    So much less fat, no grease, all entirely healthy & delicious.

Yes, pricey. But who has burgers every night? Who has chicken nuggets every night? I know I don't. Though Morning Star is delicious.. & It does tempt me to make one. Yummy yummy substitution ;)

Vegetarian meat substitutes can be chock-a-block full of unnatural additives and preservatives, which is something to consider if you are concerned about that kind of thing. If that is the case there are some great, natural and organic options out there – I am a huge fan of Field Roast brand meat substitutes (www.fieldroast.com) and Upton's Naturals (www.uptonsnaturals.com). Both are available at Whole Foods. You can also make your own meat substitutes as there are loads of recipes on the internet.

Just to show you a comparison: one 92g Field Roast Smoke Apple Sage sausage has 240 calories, 10g of fat (1g saturated), 26g protein as compared to one 85g Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage which has 180 calories, 12g of fat (3.5g saturated), 12g protein).
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Ok, NOW this thread is earning the (READ ME) label.
  • beautifulregardless
    Options

edited for annoying typo

I'm not anit-vegetarian or anti-vegan. To each thier own. However.. just as with my chosen diet.. there are good choices and not-so-good choices. I'd eat a veggie burger, if I knew it wasn't processed.. which.. it pretty much has to be processed right? I eat so little beef that my friends think i'm that vegetarian that eat poultry and fish. lol I forget what that one is called. But I'm not. I'll eat a steak.. but I actuallly like the steak you get in Amish country the best. (tastes totally different then what you get at the grocery store!)

Also.. if I'm gonna eat fake-chicken nuggets that taste like chicken.. i'm just goona eat real chicken nuggets. Also, there's usually a lot of salt in those types of foods. Salt is something we are trying to limit. Also.. if I'm gonna eat more veggies i'm gonna grab a bag of carrots or celery or roast some beets with some galic or sautee some asapargus.. mmmmmm...

Again i'll say.. Bacon?? (natual uncured bacon please from a pig) mmmm bacon.. i'm gonna have to go get bacon this weekend. Oh.. and blackberry pancakes mmmm pancakes.... damn now I want breakfast! LOL

I do agree :)
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm sure most all of you have heard of Morning Star foods.
    Why not substitute?
    On a night you're going to have burgers, why not have a vege burger? They are so delicious.
    Chicken nuggets, why not Morning Stars?
    So much less fat, no grease, all entirely healthy & delicious.

Yes, pricey. But who has burgers every night? Who has chicken nuggets every night? I know I don't. Though Morning Star is delicious.. & It does tempt me to make one. Yummy yummy substitution ;)

All I can think about is that episode of south park called "smug alert" lol - this clip in particular:

http://youtu.be/TMTkedIUX8U
  • beautifulregardless
    Options
    Ok, NOW this thread is earning the (READ ME) label.

Lol.. It sure is.