Can't BELIEVE this guy said this about a size 8 / Medium!

Options

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I would have asked him if he found Marilyn Monroe attractive.

She was a 10, by the way.

And did anyone care if she could act? No. All they cared about was whether she was in focus.

She was a 14 in her time. btw; I inherited several spectacular designer cocktail dresses from her time; they are all labeled size 10 or 12, and they are all too small for me, a TODAY'S size 4.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a guy who needs a girl on the smaller side so some part of his anatomy or another will potentially look big in comparison.

Because guys that prefer petite women have small penises. Got it.

She was talking about his HANDS. Geez louise.. you know how sensitive guys are about their hands!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Nope, because he made a point of saying it to a sales clerk when it wasn't relevant.

So making a joke means you have a small penis? I must have an inny by now.
  • whierd
    Options
    Sounds like a guy who needs a girl on the smaller side so some part of his anatomy or another will potentially look big in comparison.

She was talking about his HANDS. Geez louise.. you know how sensitive guys are about their hands!

:laugh:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I find it kind of funny the things people get offended over and how a relationship is immediately based on a funny -- yes, it was funny -- comment made by some stranger in a store.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was a size 8 pretty recently. I would have laughed.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    Wow what an over exaggeration.

I literally wrote something out and then I deleted it because you're one of THOSE females.

:smokin: Chill out doll.
  • whierd
    Options
    Hey, I was a size 8 pretty recently. I would have laughed.

Your lack of being offended is disturbing.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    It got me thinking... If I were her what would I have done or said to him? In hindsight she said she wished she had said "Our company is all about encouraging people to live a happy, healthy life. Your comment is disrespectful towards women. A size 8 is a perfectly healthy size and I am very offended by your comment. You can either apologize to me as a size 8 woman, or leave my store immediately."

Yeah, your friend probably shouldn't work in customer service without having thicker skin.

Customer service does not equal turning a blind eye to disrespectful *kitten*.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I thought it was pretty funny. But then again, I'm not out looking to be offended.

this
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Making a more or less misogynistic comment to a woman approximately the same size as the target of your 'joke' is not always seen as a joke.

Kinda like making comments about the size of a guy's anatomy in relation to his sterling social skills, evidently.
  • whierd
    Options
    It got me thinking... If I were her what would I have done or said to him? In hindsight she said she wished she had said "Our company is all about encouraging people to live a happy, healthy life. Your comment is disrespectful towards women. A size 8 is a perfectly healthy size and I am very offended by your comment. You can either apologize to me as a size 8 woman, or leave my store immediately."

Yeah, your friend probably shouldn't work in customer service without having thicker skin.

Thankfully not everyone in customer service feels like crying a river everytime someone says something slightly offensive.
  • JustJennie1
    Options

And I am sure her boss and the owner of the store would have been thrilled that she tossed out a customer who was going to buy something.

People need to chill out and stop taking everything so seriously.
  • whierd
    Options
    Making a more or less misogynistic comment to a woman approximately the same size as the target of your 'joke' is not always seen as a joke.

Kinda like making comments about the size of a guy's anatomy in relation to his sterling social skills, evidently.

It wasn't misogynistic at all. Don't be ridiculous.
  • Seajolly
    Options

I literally wrote something out and then I deleted it because you're one of THOSE females.

How can you know if it was an over-exaggeration from an internet post?

This guy was being disrespectful, NOT funny. I love and celebrate humor but the guy said it with a completely serious tone.
  • whierd
    Options

This guy was being disrespectful, NOT funny. I love and celebrate humor but the guy said it with a completely serious tone.

You should probably hunt him down and burn him at the stake. You can tell I am completely serious by my tone.
  • JustJennie1
    Options

Misogynistic? Really? I find it funny that you got that out of his comment.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I would have awkwardly chuckled and continued to help him find what he was looking for, after all that is her job. It would be inappropriate to lecture him.
  • Seajolly
    Options

And I am sure her boss and the owner of the store would have been thrilled that she tossed out a customer who was going to buy something.

People need to chill out and stop taking everything so seriously.

I AM the boss. Have I ever tossed out someone from my store? No. Have others stores in my company? Yes, actually. We stand up for our employees and will take a stand if someone feels threatened. Was this a threatening situation? No, but it might have been if I had asked that guy to leave. :wink:
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options

I wasn't referring to him, I was referring to you. I actually would've laughed because it's pretty damn funny.

You just HAD to post it on a forum...? That's called over reacting.