Can't BELIEVE this guy said this about a size 8 / Medium!

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    As the creator of the ManCandy thread I have to chime in- fun to look at, not what I base my relationship/partner selections on. I've dated all types- none of whom were based on looks/body. I could show you the pics to prove it. :-)

I demand you post the pictures here as proof.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I would have laughed but later on at home if i put too much thought into it I probably would have been like

tumblr_lvqksxGzZt1qmy9w2.gif

Cuz size 8 is actually my goal pants size right now lol When I get to that size it'd be me at my smallest so even if i knew he was kidding i think it would upset me deep down a little bit. But i think it was just one of those jokes you know shouldn't bug you but kinda do a little bit. i am sure he was totally kidding and like a lot of people have already said he probably had no concept of what an 8 really looks like.

Edit to fix mah sexy gif
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    As the creator of the ManCandy thread I have to chime in- fun to look at, not what I base my relationship/partner selections on. I've dated all types- none of whom were based on looks/body. I could show you the pics to prove it. :-)

Hahaha- I would but privacy etc etc..

Think from 5'8 150lbs to 6'2'' 300+ (round kind)... and everything in between.
  • whierd
    Options

I can never trust you again. :cry:
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    It's kind of funny that a lot of women assume that 90% of men even know what a size 8 is or even looks like. Forseriously.
  • FitandFab33
    Options

Now you know how every woman who's ever heard "'X' inches" feels.

ETA: the hands. Talking about the hands.
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    While I think the dude's comment was distasteful, an OTT response like the one stated would have been inappropriate. Working in customer service means dealing with dillholes sometimes. It sucks, but that's par for the course.

Me, I would have laughed awkwardly and changed the subject.
  • whierd
    Options

Now you know how every woman who's ever heard "'X' inches" feels.

ETA: the hands. Talking about the hands.

Ok THAT was funny. :laugh:
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    hey if a guy wants to base the success of his relationship on the size of his wife, he just has to be prepared for his wife to base the success of their relationship on his income. that's the way it works right... ?

"The smaller the dress size the larger the apartment. "

Real expression: Google it and "New York Times."
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    hey if a guy wants to base the success of his relationship on the size of his wife, he just has to be prepared for his wife to base the success of their relationship on his income. that's the way it works right... ?

Real expression: Google it and "New York Times."

Interesting read- thanks.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Wow what an over exaggeration.

I literally wrote something out and then I deleted it because you're one of THOSE females.

:smokin: Chill out doll.

Don't be one of those females that have to make a point to put down other females in an attempt to show off how much better you are by calling them condescending names while making sure everyone reading knows you aren't one of THOSE females.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Wow what an over exaggeration.

I literally wrote something out and then I deleted it because you're one of THOSE females.

:smokin: Chill out doll.

Don't be one of those females that have to make a point to put down other females in an attempt to show off how much better you are by calling them condescending names while making sure everyone reading knows you aren't one of THOSE females.

Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • mad923
    mad923 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    been saying this for decades... boys r dumb
  • mad923
    mad923 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

BWAHA HA HA HAHA!
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Uh..... I laughed, too.

Yeah, I did too...
  • Penny427
    Penny427 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Haven't read all responses but....Most of the time the guys who think like this..look like crap themselves and yet hold women up to a much higher standard...what a jerk!
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I was in Sam's Club once and my cart had probably 6 bags of chips in it (for my teens - I don't actually like chips usually) and some hot, young guy behind me said "you shouldn't eat those, you'll get fat". Blew my hair back. I just said "oh, they're for my husband and sons". The more I thought about it, the madder I got. The nerve. The moral to the story - there are a**holes everywhere -- and they SHOP!
  • 8goodgirl0
    8goodgirl0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Size 8 is proper slim here in the good ol' U of K.

I'm guessing size 8 relates to a 10 or 12 over here.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Really, if you're going to work in a store that sells women's clothing, you should probably learn how to handle male customers who have no idea how women's sizing works. It's YOUR job to make HIM feel comfortable, not the other way around. I'm not saying it's okay for him to be rude. But if you've worked in retail for any amount of time, you know that it happens, and you ought to know how to deal with it. Righteous indignation is pretty much never an appropriate response.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the real world, in which one encounters jerks. It isn't necessary to risk your job by responding to every tacky comment.