Over 200 New Year New Me Part 15

Replies

• HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    I love LOVE my digital scale - but it was expensive ($70ish- NOTE IT'S ON SALE NOW!). If you look online the Weight Watchers is rated pretty bad for giving inconsistent readings. There are a bunch that are rated well and I'm sure any one of them will work fine!

Mine is this one
    http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HBF-510W-Composition-Monitor-Scale/dp/B001IV61J4/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1271786942&sr=1-15

and we have this one at work-
    http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Precision-Lithium-Battery-Electronic-Chrome/dp/B0000E2PEI/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1271786942&sr=1-7

both seem pretty consistent but mine is rock solid same weight every time and the one at work will give different reads by a few tenths of a pound... I like mine because I can keep track of my body fat % and it helps me see changes when my weight isn't moving much. Like this last month I've been slowly moving from 50% fat (yes... it's true :cry: ) to about 48% fat and my muscle's moving up too! (the difference is stuff like bones and guts) I DON'T like that it estimates your body age. My 32 year old sister has a body age of 18. I have a body age of 62 (it was 63). That's kinda cruel...
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    On another note involving WAY TMI, I had to run home during lunch for unspeakable reasons and I'm now 2.4 pounds lighter. :laugh: :laugh: :embarassed: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you for a much needed laugh! That's phenomenal and I love that you weighed before and after!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    jlb- lol, I weigh myself before and after too, I guess I am not such a weirdo!

mstahl- I have a WW and its sooo bad. I swear I'll like breathe and it changes my weight, even if I flinch or something. I have another one that I use that does BMI, weight, bone density, and body fat. I dunno how accurate it is though, but even that scale has been acting up lately.

GUESS WHAT Y'ALL?! I GRADUATED FROM THE 200 SIT UP CHALLENGE TODAY! I DID 200 IN A ROW! OMG IT BURNED!!!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    I have a $19.99 Target digital scale and it is very consistent ... sometimes frustratingly consistent because I'll move it around the room trying to get a lower reading and it doesn't budge! :wink:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    can someone help me figure out how to put the 'graduation badge" on my facebook? Im so confused
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Goodness gracious I leave for an hour for lunch and BOOM!! It gets slammed on this board! I love it!!

Cris-Congrats on graduating the sit up challenge!!! That's so awesome!!!

LittleSpy-That is one big bathroom break! I'm not going to lie. I'm kinda jealous! :laugh: I do the same thing too. So you and Cris aren't freaks. Or are we all freaks? Hmmm..

I think I'm going to take it easy and just my c25k this week since I have the 5k Saturday morning. I don't know how much I will be running in this one cause I'm going with my friend but I'm gonna try. I plan to try out a fitness class or two next week. Hope I can keep this motivation up to do it next week. Don't let me back out!! :indifferent:

I was naughty and went out again for lunch today! But I had chicken fajitas with NO NO NO tortillia! That's huge for me!! So I'm okay on calories. Just not on sodium. What's my freaking problem!? :explode:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    I love LOVE my digital scale - but it was expensive ($70ish- NOTE IT'S ON SALE NOW!). If you look online the Weight Watchers is rated pretty bad for giving inconsistent readings. There are a bunch that are rated well and I'm sure any one of them will work fine!

Mine is this one
    http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HBF-510W-Composition-Monitor-Scale/dp/B001IV61J4/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1271786942&sr=1-15

and we have this one at work-
    http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Precision-Lithium-Battery-Electronic-Chrome/dp/B0000E2PEI/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1271786942&sr=1-7

both seem pretty consistent but mine is rock solid same weight every time and the one at work will give different reads by a few tenths of a pound... I like mine because I can keep track of my body fat % and it helps me see changes when my weight isn't moving much. Like this last month I've been slowly moving from 50% fat (yes... it's true :cry: ) to about 48% fat and my muscle's moving up too! (the difference is stuff like bones and guts) I DON'T like that it estimates your body age. My 32 year old sister has a body age of 18. I have a body age of 62 (it was 63). That's kinda cruel...
    Well I have a Weight Watchers Scale and a Health-O-Meter and I am beginning to think bot are crappy because I get so many different readings.I am not worried about what I weigh I just would like to know exactly what I weigh and go from there.Ya know what I mean?
  • awestfall
    Goodness gracious I leave for an hour for lunch and BOOM!! It gets slammed on this board! I love it!!

Cris-Congrats on graduating the sit up challenge!!! That's so awesome!!!

LittleSpy-That is one big bathroom break! I'm not going to lie. I'm kinda jealous! :laugh: I do the same thing too. So you and Cris aren't freaks. Or are we all freaks? Hmmm..

I think I'm going to take it easy and just my c25k this week since I have the 5k Saturday morning. I don't know how much I will be running in this one cause I'm going with my friend but I'm gonna try. I plan to try out a fitness class or two next week. Hope I can keep this motivation up to do it next week. Don't let me back out!! :indifferent:

I was naughty and went out again for lunch today! But I had chicken fajitas with NO NO NO tortillia! That's huge for me!! So I'm okay on calories. Just not on sodium. What's my freaking problem!? :explode:
    I am a freak too if thats what we are calling it because I do the same thing before and after using the potty lol.:laugh: :laugh:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    OH mstahl. You talked me into the scale. :embarassed:
    You almost talked me into it last time but I thought "BAH, forget it! Who cares how much you really weigh?!" Turns out I do. :laugh: And I know the bioimpedence bodyfat analysis isn't always the most accurate (and Mari has shared some great tips for making it more so)... but I figured I'd pay $59.99 for the scale (with free 2 day shipping since I signed up for Amazon Prime & already cancelled it) & check my weight & body fat that way rather than spend $50 to wear a swimsuit in front of a strange man to have my bodyfat tested hydrostatically. For now, at least, the scale seems like the more comfortable option. I think what really really sold me on the scale is that it uses regular AA batteries and not the blasted lithium batteries mine uses. The cost of the 2 different types of batteries is such that in about a year, I'll probably make up for the cost of the scale in batteries alone!
  • HonestOmnivore
    Jess - you have me inspired! I was just looking at 5Ks in my area! WTF? That is so NOT ME! But I think running a few would be a good idea before I attempt my baby Triathlon in August!

Edited to add - LilSpy I think you'll love it! It even has a guest function and my sister and her wife love that! I think they've started planning to visit about once a month so they can check in. My doctor scoffs at the impedance testing because "it won't work on females unless it goes from your feet to your hands" I said "it does exactly that" and he said "Oh." *silence* "then it should be pretty accurate" :laugh: I read the owners manual on every thing I buy - it seems like you always get some important details that helps you get more out of your stuff. One important detail they have is that before you have it measure you - hold your arms straight out at a 90 degree angle from your body.
  • RedneckWmn
    Jess - you have me inspired! I was just looking at 5Ks in my area! WTF? That is so NOT ME! But I think running a few would be a good idea before I attempt my baby Triathlon in August!

Edited to add - LilSpy I think you'll love it! It even has a guest function and my sister and her wife love that! I think they've started planning to visit about once a month so they can check in. My doctor scoffs at the impedance testing because "it won't work on females unless it goes from your feet to your hands" I said "it does exactly that" and he said "Oh." *silence* "then it should be pretty accurate" :laugh: I read the owners manual on every thing I buy - it seems like you always get some important details that helps you get more out of your stuff. One important detail they have is that before you have it measure you - hold your arms straight out at a 90 degree angle from your body.

aww that's so great! I actually did my first one last year. I had promised myself the year before that I wanted to do the Susan G Komen for my mom. But I was too overweight and I had major feet problems. My Mom has previously had breast cancer. So last year was my first one and it felt amazing! I think it took me an hour to do it last year. I'm shooting for 45 minutes this year. Depending on which one you do it they are so moving and motivating it's unreal!
  • RedneckWmn
    OH mstahl. You talked me into the scale. :embarassed:
    You almost talked me into it last time but I thought "BAH, forget it! Who cares how much you really weigh?!" Turns out I do. :laugh: And I know the bioimpedence bodyfat analysis isn't always the most accurate (and Mari has shared some great tips for making it more so)... but I figured I'd pay $59.99 for the scale (with free 2 day shipping since I signed up for Amazon Prime & already cancelled it) & check my weight & body fat that way rather than spend $50 to wear a swimsuit in front of a strange man to have my bodyfat tested hydrostatically. For now, at least, the scale seems like the more comfortable option. I think what really really sold me on the scale is that it uses regular AA batteries and not the blasted lithium batteries mine uses. The cost of the 2 different types of batteries is such that in about a year, I'll probably make up for the cost of the scale in batteries alone!

Okay so I've been looking for a scale since I have been stealing the workscale...and I just looked at your mstal's...That's the brand I have at work and I love love love it!! AND it has the hand thing! That's so neat!! I think I'm sold too!!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    jlb- lol, I weigh myself before and after too, I guess I am not such a weirdo!

mstahl- I have a WW and its sooo bad. I swear I'll like breathe and it changes my weight, even if I flinch or something. I have another one that I use that does BMI, weight, bone density, and body fat. I dunno how accurate it is though, but even that scale has been acting up lately.

GUESS WHAT Y'ALL?! I GRADUATED FROM THE 200 SIT UP CHALLENGE TODAY! I DID 200 IN A ROW! OMG IT BURNED!!!

Congrates girl!!! I am happy for you :):flowerforyou:
  • awestfall

Thanks I think I may purchase it as well.
  • RedneckWmn
    How do I cancel this amazon.com prime thingy littlespy? I got the scale and my Dad and Green Bay Packer Mr. Potatoe Head for his bday! :laugh:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    I'm so excited about my new scale. It's supposed to arrive Thursday. That's my boyfriend's birthday. He's going to be so excited thinking the box is his present. :tongue:

Little does he know, I didn't get him anything... :laugh: Maybe I can play it off... "Look, honey! I got you this super neat scale for your birthday."

Edit: Jess -- Go to "your account" or "my amazon" or whatever and then something like.. "prime management" (I just hit CTRL +F to use the search function in my browser & typed to search for "prime" and found it that way) and click "do not updgrade"
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Just a quick hello!!!! Cris, congrats on the 200 situps amazing. Littlespy, rest those legs. Jess, Good luck on the 5k. Talk to you all later. It is rainy and ugly here today, I have a tendancy to over eat on days like this. So I am just trying to stay away from food. Gotta go my 16 yo has a minimum day and it is time to go get her. See you all later.
  • RedneckWmn
    LittleSpy-Thanks! If I keep it I will go crazy on Amazon!! I love that place!
  • HonestOmnivore
    I love my Amazon Prime membership - you can ship most stuff free to anywhere! I get my money's worth just using it at Christmas! Plus we get vitamins and my green chai tea from Amazon every month so right there it pays for it's self!

I'm bringing in black bean tacos for our wellness lunch tomorrow - I was thinking about making the black bean brownies to go with them - has anyone tried those?:ohwell:

Chris - way to GO on the 200 sit-up challenge!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

elmox - I tried a different kind of elliptical machine today - it was weird and looks like something that should be in the Avitar movie! I loved it and got one of those "can't quite walk afterwards" workouts! Tomorrow I'm going to do the Spinning Class!:smile:

OK did you all read that? If I come on the boards tomorrow and I haven't done the spinning class I want you all to kick my not sore butt! :huh: I hear the seats hurt pretty badly so if I've gone to class I'll feel like you all kicked my butt :tongue:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Now I want a new scale. I have a Weight Watchers one that reads consistently with my boyfriend's of another brand but maybe they're both wrong? Probably not, but one can hope. Maybe after I get my certification done and everything, I can afford a new scale. We'll see what the doctor's scale says next week and go from there!

Cris, you rock! Way to burn your abs up.
This discussion has been closed.