Options

creamy.. duh.

no one likes nuts

let me guess.....vegetarian huh?

no, i like my meat
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    you cant have your meat if you dont eat your pudding...

wait...i think i mixed that up

good night
  • lotushead
    lotushead Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've been approached at the gym a few times, and one of those times the guy told me that I surprised him because I was so nice compared to how he imagined I would be. I was like whoa whoa hold up, explain. He said I looked intimidating, like a "tough girl." I took that as a compliment. Don't know if that sheds any light to your question but I've wondered the same exact thing!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    A Jag and money? Oops, wrong thread. Getting past those restraining orders can be a real pain.

In all honesty the one thing that would and had kept me from approaching a woman is a crap attitude. It's not that it's intimidating but rather a huge turn off. I don't care how you look if your attitude sucks.
  • sabimausl85
    sabimausl85 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Not typically intimated approaching a female. I actually find it a challenge to approach one that gives off the "I'm too good to talk to you vibe"

Shouldn't be such of a game, but at times it is.

Why would you even want to approach a girl that gives off that vibe?!!?!?
    Im the queen of giving off that vibe. Im really shy and dont like embarrassing myself in public. If someone can break through my wall Im very friendly. Just because someone looks stuck up, doesnt mean they are.

YES GIRL!!! THATS ME RIGHT THERE ALSO!!!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    So, its normal for guys to be afraid to approach a girl. Guys, just curious, what makes some girls more intimidating than others?

Its not the girl that is intimidating, it is one's own fear of rejection that is intimidating.

that is true for both men and women.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    You're not intimidating, we're just nervous. Yes, there is a difference. We are nervous because we actually happen to like you enough to think things through, plan ahead and then make a calculated approach. We're nervous that the only chance we got with you might be wasted and so we fear rejection. I personally don't feel nervous anymore because frankly, I just don't find girls that I care for. I just walk up to them now and start talking.

Ladies, you want the guy to be nervous. This shows that he cares about you enough to feel nervous about possible rejection.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    <====is not intimidating at all.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I believe it has more to do with the male's inability on how to properly approach a female. Since "attractive" is subjective, even a good looking guy can be nervous about approaching an "average looking" female.

When I was dating and wanted to approach an "unapproachable" female, I tried to make it fun. One time I went up to a girl in a club who was sitting by herself and said "I've got to tell you something." It sparked an interest and from there it usually went well.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I believe it has more to do with the male's inability on how to properly approach a female. Since "attractive" is subjective, even a good looking guy can be nervous about approaching an "average looking" female.

When I was dating and wanted to approach an "unapproachable" female, I tried to make it fun. One time I went up to a girl in a club who was sitting by herself and said "I've got to tell you something." It sparked an interest and from there it usually went well.

IDEA Fitness member

Well, I'm Indian and Muslim so I just approach white girls and ask them if they'd like to make their father REALLY mad!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    The more hot, the more difficult to approach. Plus, I never know if hey are already with someone. I hate when they say hey have a boyfriend or are married. So embarrassing.

this is not embarrassing and i do my best to be kind about it and sincerely appreciate the compliment. the only time to be embarrassed is if you eyeballed her in the mirror for 15 minutes while doing weights then mosied over to the bike next to hers and when you noticed her ring instead of ignoring it ran a sweaty finger over it asking how long and when you got the answer asked..."happily?" That's a douche. A regular guy chit chatting is not embarrassing at all.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    If they look angry.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Like others said it's the fear of rejection, cause guys like to have odds presented to them or calculated by them for any given situation. If the odds are low due to girl being hot or giving the "l will stab you in the eye with my highheel if you talk to me" look, then you start to submit to the fear of rejection and just give up.

I use to be like that very young around girls I'm interested in, until in college I figured what the worst that could happen? so now I just walk up and say hi and try to interject humor into the approach.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    suspiciously large hands.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite quotes:

"There's something about a woman who wants you but doesn't need you" :heart:

There's something attractive about that.

However, intimidating, no.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Nothing lol
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    Nothing lol

My guns dont intimidate you Chad? :devil:
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Well, I'm Indian and Muslim so I just approach white girls and ask them if they'd like to make their father REALLY mad!
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i'm a Japanese language teacher. In my 20's I went through a stage of lying to guys in bars etc and telling them I worked in a retail fashion chain. As soon as I said what my real job was I either got íf my teachers looked like you i'd have gone to class' ( i was hot then :p ) or 'you don't look like a teacher'or - and most commonly - the guy would look uncomfortable and make some manner of stupid comment about me being smart or on a powertrip.

In NZ teachers earn an okay amount - not heaps, but okay for your age, esp in your twenties, and have education and power (perceived power, in reality not so much) and THAT appeared to intimidate guys. Also, I'm tall. :laugh: