What makes a girl intimidating?

Options

Replies

• teshiburu
    teshiburu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    im extremely talkative but rarely if ever do not make the first move

yesterday at the gym there were only two ellipticals left when me and a very lovely woman both went to them. she looked at me and said, ok which one do you want.

my mind said, say well its a very well known rule in life that extremely good looking people get first choice....so i will take that one.

instead i think i sounded like charlie browns teacher and nodded at the one closest to me

LOL its funny how in ur head and what happens in reality are so different

Happens all the time when talking to women, you can aim to sound Christian Greyish, Romeo, or just rely on our charm and good looks, and we end up sounding and looking like a dribbling jack the ripper lol!

Honestly, for me I suppose its the fear of rejection, if I don't ask you can't reject me! and thats a win in my mind lol!
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    According to my ex, my intelligence.

Idiot. Tell me I'm pretty, not that you're scared of me!
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If she looks like a supermodel and has a PhD it may require a special approach.

I dunno about supermodel...But I like to think I'm decent looking. And I have a PhD.

Trust me, that doesn't mean I want to date another PhD.
  • teshiburu
    Options

Nothing wrong with intelligence, I find it very attractive, and not at all intimidating, whoop look at me talking on here lol. always neeed a smart mind for my quiz team!
  • HunterKiller_wechange2
    Options
    balls

lol beat me to it.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Being female.</ForeverAlone>
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Nothing wrong with intelligence, I find it very attractive, and not at all intimidating, whoop look at me talking on here lol. always neeed a smart mind for my quiz team!

Pub quiz teams are important things! Though my boyfriend has been intimidated out of one because his mate waxed lyrical about how great he was so he fears letting them all down. Go figure!
  • teshiburu
    Options

Pub quiz teams are important things! Though my boyfriend has been intimidated out of one because his mate waxed lyrical about how great he was so he fears letting them all down. Go figure!

Pfft, I will never say I am good at them lol, however its all the more fun if the loosing team gets to chose a category for the next month lol
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    witchcraft

Hey! I'm a witch and I am very approachable lol.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Adam's apples
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Adam's apples

LMAO!!!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    You're not intimidating, we're just nervous. Yes, there is a difference. We are nervous because we actually happen to like you enough to think things through, plan ahead and then make a calculated approach. We're nervous that the only chance we got with you might be wasted and so we fear rejection. I personally don't feel nervous anymore because frankly, I just don't find girls that I care for. I just walk up to them now and start talking.

Ladies, you want the guy to be nervous. This shows that he cares about you enough to feel nervous about possible rejection.

i disagree with this. How can you say you like someone enough to approach them. having never talked to them you cant really say like them. sure you think they are hot and would like to see her do some thrust squats over you but there have been plenty of pretty girls i have known that as soon as you hear them talk and their personality comes shining through you wish you had the ultimate sunblock.

being hot only makes you boneable.....great personality and pretty makes you dateable
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options

being hot only makes you boneable.....great personality and pretty makes you dateable

boneable..... did not realise that was even a word, lmao
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options

boneable..... did not realise that was even a word, lmao

fell free to replace it with

*bumping uglies
    *mating
    *doable
    *horizontal mamba
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Apparently, I am not only not intimidating, but I must give off a particular "Oh HELL no, leave this one alone" aura.

tumblr_m3vhboNsor1r9wxoy.gif
  • xxtaliaxx
    xxtaliaxx Posts: 123
    Options
    I have been wondering this very thing for the longest time. I've gotten that I am intimidating so many times and I don't know how to change it. I don't think I look pissed off all the time...:indifferent:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Fangs and heavy facial hair?
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I find that covering myself with spikes and leather is a good way to keep the boys at bay. And the ones that aren't intimidated by that are exactly the kind of guy I'd like to get to know.
  • Rambo529
    Rambo529 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    According to my ex, it would be my profile picture.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it intimidating, but rather in my case I grow to try to judge a girl's personality based on how she projects her appearance. I've grown to associate things like wearing high heels regularly, extensively styled hair, jewelry, lots of accessories, and just in general sacrificing practicality for style in the way they dress with personality traits that, to me, are negatives, so I don't bother. I'd sooner approach a girl in a Thundercats t-shirt, jeans, sneakers, and no makeup than I would a girl who was dressed to impress.

EDIT: When a girl has something about her that makes one aware of common interests that makes approaches easy. I don't approach when I have nothing to talk about. But if I see a girl has something already in common with me before the approach, I have no qualms about approaching. Basically, I like it when a girl "wears" her hobbies. An example would be I ride motorcycles and I often wear my riding jacket as a casual jacket during cooler months. People who can tell a riding jacket apart from a regular one approach me for conversation regarding bikes. Same concept.